It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ok new question.

Is it weird that I can only meditate for 15 minutes right now? Like I start and as soon as I hit 15 min. my head hurts, and then i take a 5-10 min break and i can do 15 more min. before my head starts hurting again.

Why would my head start hurting?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xXR34P3RXx

No, it is not weird my friend. Again, it is not a race, take your time. The more you rush or force it, the more difficult it will become. Trust that things will fall into place naturally, because they will. Your head hurts probably because you are trying to hard. Stop trying and just be. If you cannot be, if your mind wanders and body needs to move, then stop and do something else.

Another thing you can do, which is meditation also, is to just remain mindful of what it is you are doing. If you are cleaning, focus in on the action of cleaning. If you are walking somewhere, focus on the action of walking. And so on.

Here is someone with a lot of good videos for you to watch when you can no longer meditate:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You offer great advice. I'm benefitting a lot from it as well, so thank you.
I haven't come across that video series before. Awesome, got something to do this morning now

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You are wise...you have studied both sides...light and dark...understand the balance...I have only touch upon the surface of knowledge of what you are speaking of. In the balance is where all the truths lie. Tantric practices for evil powers is stealing someones life, force or both. Not acceptable!

How interesting that Illusion is called Maya.
edit on 11-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

Thank you for those kind words friend, you seem very wise as well. Here is something you may be interested in. It is a Dharma talk by Thich Nhat Hanh, called, "If there is no death, there is no life"

tnhaudio.org...

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If you meditate with the intention of awakening the Kundalini you can gain a taste of the inherent powers that are part of you but the dangers are very real. Passive meditation is about controlling the mind and the initiate has to become competent at doing this before advancing to active meditation which is about managing your inner powers. Essentially, meditation is about overcoming the mind so that you can come to experience that which the mind cannot perceive. This is easier said than done. There are other ways. Personally I find the meditation technique boring and slow.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join