It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Okay so I have been thinking, which nothing good ever comes from.

What if through meditation one could gain super human abilities, I.E. Telekenesis Teleportation super strength?

Has anyone experimented with that possibility?

And I'm not talking like meditate and can lift something kind of heavy or withstand some sort of damage, I mean truly amazing feats. Like sitting in your living room one moment, and hearing your whole families thoughts, or closing your eyes in your bedroom and ending up on a beach.

I'm just looking for some insights on meditation really. All comments welcome. Just don't give me to hard of a time.

Also I was wondering if Binaural Beats really help with meditation, or are they just random sounds that are meant to be irritating
edit on 11-8-2011 by xXR34P3RXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I can talk to reptilians through meditation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xXR34P3RXx

I think meditation can not provide you with "cool superpowers" if that's the reason you meditate.....

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Meditation, like yoga, is one of the few things in life one does for its own sake. There should not be a goal to achieve or a point to reach when one is meditating. Rather, you meditate for the sake of meditating. It's only in Western thought where the idea that something can or should be accomplished through meditation comes into play. Do it long enough, and with an empty mind, and what will happen will happen.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ZeroReady because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am completely split right down the centre when it comes to those 'powers'.

part A feels like it's completely possible, since i've done a couple of those things in dreams.

part B feels like it's impossible, since there is no proof outside of the dreamworld of anything remotely like that.

then there's the combination of the two where it almost feels like we have to merge the dreamworld with reality or rather, we can.

I think it comes down to intent, 100% intention to do something.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
well what if we already perceive the dreamworld as a reality deep down in our sub-conscience

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yes, you actually gain powers through meditation. The ability to access the astral, or spiritual, realm, the ability to levitate, being able to see the future, telepathy, remote viewing, meeting your spirit guide, and much more. All are possible and real. But TPTB have done an excellent job of making the masses think of this stuff as impossible and silly.
To gain these powers, one must do a little bit more than just meditate. It involves opening your third eye.
But make sure you are ready, there's no need to rush...there's an old adage about three men who looked into the abyss. The first one looked in and became blind, the second looked in and lost his mind, but the third came out knowing everything.

Levitating and seeing the future reliably are the more difficult feats, but they are both very possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

I think meditation can not provide you with "cool superpowers" if that's the reason you meditate.....

Peace

yes, the only intention you should have is to better yourself, and to learn what humans are truly capable of.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXR34P3RXx
well what if we already perceive the dreamworld as a reality deep down in our sub-conscience

then it would come to intention. what do you desire? what do you want? or need?
if this is the dreamworld then we are all desiring to be sick, powerless and without control of our path.
I know exactly what you mean and it's possible. how else could we go to the moon? or type on our computers without a little dreaming being involved.

that would mean that dreams happen in the collectives subconscious.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There are alot of a-holes on here, who have no brainwaves!
You are right, be comfortable and meditate....no music by the way, just you & your heartbeat, your body will begin to feel lighter. At that point...go into your thought. This is VERY basic, but it will work. Peace!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
TPTB? Whats that?

How come though I go to clear my mind when I meditate, it seems like theres always something that i forget until just then, or my arm or leg starts itching?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

TPTB are the people who control media, the military, nations, corporations, their masters...etc...

they sway mass public opinion through movies and media, by the minute to maintain docile subjects.
edit on 11-8-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

part A feels like it's completely possible, since i've done a couple of those things in dreams.
part B feels like it's impossible, since there is no proof outside of the dreamworld of anything remotely like that.
then there's the combination of the two where it almost feels like we have to merge the dreamworld with reality or rather, we can.

Funny you should put it like that...
I just read today that the Hexagram or star of David represents the merging of the spirit and physical realms. The up triangle represents the spiritual realm, while the down arrow represents the physical... the same source makes it clear the symbol has other meanings, like up being male, down being female. It's also a symbol that is found in nature.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Meditation opens up that which you are inside and already have. I dont believe you can "train" for superpowers...unless within you...you already have them. But still, yes...you can develope many things once they are opened within you.

(from a long time practicioner)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The Powers That Be

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by yourmaker

Funny you should put it like that...
I just read today that the Hexagram or star of David represents the merging of the spirit and physical realms. The up triangle represents the spiritual realm, while the down arrow represents the physical... the same source makes it clear the symbol has other meanings, like up being male, down being female. It's also a symbol that is found in nature.

kinda freaky....but really interesting.
in essence, the compound of two equals. physical and spirtual, both affect each other too.
countless dreams i've woken up from have impacted my life. and things that happen in reality are the base of our dreams.

thank you for telling me that. opened a new line of thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well personally I don't mind if superpowers come with the meditation, I just sparked up this post to get a good perspective on the "what if....." side of things. I'm new to the whole meditation thing, but I feel it can help me get a grasp on everything from reality to dream, if i learn how to do it right.

But i just thought, what if the possibilities were endless? I guess I'm just really needing guidance. or maybe I'm crazy who knows.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXR34P3RXx
Well personally I don't mind if superpowers come with the meditation, I just sparked up this post to get a good perspective on the "what if....." side of things. I'm new to the whole meditation thing, but I feel it can help me get a grasp on everything from reality to dream, if i learn how to do it right.

But i just thought, what if the possibilities were endless? I guess I'm just really needing guidance. or maybe I'm crazy who knows.

it's your life, you only live once (as far as I know), trust me, there are certain things we are capable of that some people just won't believe, even me, I don't believe in somethings but that doesn't make me right, or it wrong.
just because we can't perceive it directly doesn't mean it's not there, all around us.
there most likely is some kind of "force" thats either long gone from what we think is possible or merely unrecognized for what it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Not possible. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a deciever.

When someone starts spouting tripe about anything metaphysical, hide your wallet and walk away.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If you like to acquire some ability that many think is superpower,
you would have to wake up early walk on the snow without choose,
spend enormous time alone in deep loneliness,
exercise your eye site to make you cry,
bland yourself and spend an entire day without vision,
deprave your self of sleep for many days,
Recall your entire day backward in your mind just before sleeping.

And many more other things which after an uncertain number of years of practice will bring you back to where you started...which is your inner self.
There is a quick way to achieve confidence....love everything that is including your self.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join