It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe It’s Time for A Second American Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson "People should not fear their government. Government should fear their people." ~ V in V for Vendetta The people have come to be afraid for their welfare if they stand against the governmental bureaucracy that has become what now leads the people. They know that if they try to stand up against any form of tyranny that they will be shot by the police force and military that has sword to protect and defend the constitution and liberties of the people, not suppress them.

I agree with this and the rest of your post so will give you a star and flag for your efforts and sensible concern but consider; It is not a problem of the people (the wheel) getting a better grip on their government (the vehicle) but that there is an over riding mechanism you cannot see steering this government, hidden deep within the engine. No matter what you do, you are not really even driving this car. You only think you are and that is the way it was designed.

Other people and entities are making decisions that gravely affect us and they are not even politicians. They OWN the politicians. Constitutional freedoms you say? There are always ways around those and they are finding them one after another.

You can have as many revolutions as you want but until you get the "monkey wrench" out of your mechanism you are going to notice the rich keep getting richer and the poor have to resort to revolution, get some nominal reward and proceed again thinking they are in charge but it is largely a philosophical gain where behind the scenes steps are being taken to enslave you more thoroughly and again. Politicians are go-fers. I think years ago they were called patricians and acted as glorified "runners" for the ruling classes. Not a lot has changed. We only think it has because we have had so many revolutions already and look at us, still in square one.

When we stage a coup or wage a revolution and win some small bit of ground or satisfaction "Touche" the elite say (to each other and never to us) and toast to our complete and utter dependance next go round.

They have nothing but time and it never really matters in the long run, they make up the rules, the ground lost and then some. This is only a game of life and death to us. We perish while they live to play another day. We are all being fooled, I think. Fooled into thinking this is some kind of political and ideological difference that divides us and we busy our selves fighting over it tossing a baton back and forth every four years. That is just the outside game. The show. What we have is the wealthy manipulating and "owning" the poor and the rest of us from the hollows and caverns and dark enclaves of DC, on golf courses where conversations are private - as they've always done, since the beginnings of man and civilization.

edit on 28-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
An american revolution will not happen simply because the people choose not to do so. Although such ideas area as common as rain water, it is when there is a drought, one begins to become thirsty, but since there is no drought season in the horizon it is simply a dream, not that dreaming is wrong, but do not expect what your thread suggests or the hundred of thousands across the net to happen over night. If one studies history such motivations requires decades if not centuries.

History always repeats itself, sadly people avoid being educated from history itself.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yet another thread that just succeeds in whining about problems but doesn't pose any solutions as usual. Um...ok let's all march on Washington and forcibly remove people..yea ok.

Then what if you don't like the next batch you gonna have a third revolution and so on and so forth? All the tools that you need to bring change have already been given to you but instead of talking about those you just throw up your hands and say how bad it is and hey let's march on Washington.

Hope this thread get's deleted.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Yet another thread that just succeeds in whining about problems but doesn't pose any solutions as usual. Um...ok let's all march on Washington and forcibly remove people..yea ok.

Then what if you don't like the next batch you gonna have a third revolution and so on and so forth? All the tools that you need to bring change have already been given to you but instead of talking about those you just throw up your hands and say how bad it is and hey let's march on Washington.

War is not the answer. Nor is just sitting back and doing nothing. There are ways to have a revolution without lifting a gun. Dr. Martin Luther King led such a revolution. Yes, it lost him his life, but he was willing to pay that price for freedom.

Where do you think our society would be if he had never lived? If our forefathers did not stand up to the tyranny of the British empire where do you think our country would be? I want to do something. I can not work alone. I am not trying to organize a revolution, but I am saying that perhaps we should look at society and decide if it has moved to the point wherewith we need to revolt.

To argue that these questions are not relevant for this day and age is to question what our founding fathers stood for. It is to question what the constitution was written to allow us as the citizens of this fine nation to do. It is one of our rights when the government no longer supports the people to rise up and overthrow it, replacing it with one that is chosen by the people of the land. Not just a select few, but all of us.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I never expect things to work overnight. More often than not I expect things to happen in ten to fifteen years of the ball rolling. Perhaps, however, in this day and age it may happen much faster. As we have seen around the world there are sparks of revolution that have been lit by just the simplest of measures.

My hope is that we have learned from history and are able to do better than is currently in place. We are a divided country, it is well nigh impossible to get three people to agree on any single thing, except perhaps what movie to go see. Even then it is almost guaranteed one of them won't like the movie. This has been true of human nature since the beginning. Our forefathers put aside the things they disagreed with one another over, and only chose those they could all say yes to. We perhaps should do that once again.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Other people and entities are making decisions that gravely affect us and they are not even politicians. They OWN the politicians. Constitutional freedoms you say? There are always ways around those and they are finding them one after another.
. . .
They have nothing but time and it never really matters in the long run, they make up the rules, the ground lost and then some. This is only a game of life and death to us. We perish while they live to play another day. We are all being fooled, I think. Fooled into thinking this is some kind of political and ideological difference that divides us and we busy our selves fighting over it tossing a baton back and forth every four years. That is just the outside game. The show. What we have is the wealthy manipulating and "owning" the poor and the rest of us from the hollows and caverns and dark enclaves of DC, on golf courses where conversations are private - as they've always done, since the beginnings of man and civilization.

edit on 28-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

This is something that I must agree that must be watched for and avoided if at all possible. We should not let any one group make the decisions for the whole. It is unfair, unrealistic, and has caused the downfall of every empire that has ever existed. Humanity has not learned this simple truth, If we all work as a whole, and for the betterment of the entirety of the community then peace and prosperity follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join