It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Libya Supposedly The Rebels are Taking Over by Just Mounted Trucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As Seen in this photo by CNN.
Image soruce
And seen here where in this video you see the rebels fleeing from Libya's military i think the music suits to it.

Link to video

In my personal view the western mainstream and Al Jazeera have been playing a psychological warfare on Gadaffi and western viewers and why is that its simple in most of the video footage's we have been seeing of the rebels are with them somewhere in a desert in one footage i saw rebels and there mounted trucks supposedly firing into something.

Even though the cameraman never actually shows us where there firing into, sure the reporter can claim that they are firing into Gadaffi forces but remember thats a psychological warfare tactic.

-The rebels have been posing with all major western mainstream networks with toyota trucks almost as if for prefect marketing.
-Seen carrying brand new unopened NATO Weapons From Selected NATO Member Countries.
- Al Jazeera has shown what it appears to be a Navy seal,CIA Or MI5 Agent with the rebels on the ground forcing the cameraman to turn the other way.

So there you have it terrorists gaining ground by Mounted Trucks, rpgs, and NATO, I think its a good time to turn off your tv sets.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The toyota diesel 4 runner is the world defacto urban warfare vehicle. It is not a promotion for toyota anymore than an AK-47 is a promotion for russian arms. They both happen to be the best "runners" out there.

I should also add, retreating(tacticly) is part of guerilla abush tactics. You see, a small force cannot usually attack head on so an ambush is planned. It is usually fast and violent, after which the smaller group then retreats(possibly taking spoils of war like ammo weapons or armor). It's a war or attrition where each small chip adds up over time. If the USA cant stop it in the mid east then ghadaffi(sp?) can't fight it either.
edit on 8/10/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
I have noticed this too on the uk news every time they show you the rebels they are just firing into no whereat nothing and how do we know that the footage of nato air strikes isnt of some ever war years ago.

And not once have seen a member of the lybian military and i watch the news atleast 3-4 times daily and recently i have been looking for footage of the the military fighting the rebels and cant find none.

I dot know what they are upto but they are taken the world for fools and no one seems to care its bs

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well NATO took out all Gaddafi's air-defenses, tanks, planes, and helicopters. Half his army probably quit and the rebels have about the same or better guns than his forces do. Not to mention, Gaddafi’s money and supplies are almost completely cut off. I'd say it is certainly plausible that Toyota trucks are inching towards the finish line in first place and that could possibly be why it is taking so long for an outcome. Though, we can't know for sure as we aren't there.

But you are definitely right about the psychological warfare part. It is a HUGE part of modern warfare. If you can destabilize your enemy and get the people on your side through your media system it makes the fight that much easier.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure our this "kinetic action" What is our goal and why is the U.N. doing more than a No-Fly zone? How much is this costing the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

What is our goal and why is the U.N. doing more than a No-Fly zone? How much is this costing the U.S.?

apparently its what some call it a stealth, covert Regime Change Under by Covert actions, while NATO And Britain, America are hiding and covering themselves.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The video you posted ,which i've embedded here ,is comedy gold
With the benny hill theme tune in the background.

We pretty much have a media blackout in the UK over Libya as of late ,it's getting harder and harder to get credible info at the moment concerning Libya ,it's clearly going tit's up for NATO and not going to plan ,these soft skin vehicles are no good against Gaddafi firepower ,and NATO knows it ,and cant get support for a ground invasion which is desperately needed for this to succeed ,i believe NATO are pulling there hair out over Libya now ,and got themselves stuck in a very bad political problem ,i think they were expecting to have this done and dusted a long time ago with airstrikes ,and refuse to admit they got themselves into a sticky stalemate.

The people of Libya are clearly 100% in support of Gaddafi.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Once more a historical perspective is necessary.

Go back and look at your archived 1942-43 footage and stills of the Afrika Korps under Rommel...fighting in Lybia.

Also, search for the pics of the SAS forces and look at what they are driving and fighting from.

Look at what the reagular British troops are also using....

Jeeps, 4x4 trucks, 2x4 trucks and Kubelwagons, VWs, ...even the SAS were using special 2x4 Chevy trucks...all of the above heavily armed.

There were tanks aplenty and armoured vehicles...but the popular and most efective and most numerous vehicles were the speedy, versatile, light weight vehicles that mounted every thing from MG42s to 50 cal machine gunes to the old Lewis MGs and mortar launchers and even light xcannon and howitzers.

These vehicles were fighting over the same ground and in many instances...the same roads as the current conflict

new topics

top topics

join