It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I almost shed a tear....but its been 10 years since I have

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
It has nothing to do with someone being to timid to take the military route, some us dont see the pride and honor in killing people, fighting unjust wars and taking orders from a corrupt government.

Sorry, just how i feel.

Allthough i gave you a star for expressing your opinion in a well versed manner, respect!
edit on 10-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ditto. why dont soldiers and overpaid 'contractors' stand up against being deployed to kill civilians off by the too many zeros..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
^^^^^fukin fairy
reply to post by AdamAnt

No, I’m not going to thank you for your service. I don’t ask anyone to fight my battles but me - and I don’t see anyone stepping onto the shores of the States to fight.

You want to ‘sign up to see the world and kill people’ don’t even try to put that back on me or spout the ‘it was your obligation for my safety’ BS. You didn’t keep me or my family ‘safe’ with what you were doing - you helped out an ally and made TPTB more money.

Believe me, if you were a War Vet from Vietnam and all preceding ‘conflicts’ I’d be singing a whole different tune.

So truly, get over yourself and wake up.

You ‘signed up’ (in your own words) to ‘see the world’ and the price you paid (if you did) was killing people.
That’s insane and it was YOUR CHOICE - not mine.

Did you ask me if I wanted you to keep me safe?
NO!
If you had I’d of asked you to stay in the States and FIGHT for your country at home where it would do the most good. FIGHT To keep jobs in the USA - not sent to someplace overseas. FIGHT to keep the CONSTITUTION INTACT? Where were you when the Government installed the ‘Constitutional Free Zones’ in the USA? ‘Over there’ somewhere’ when you should have been home fighting to keep the USA FREE - Constitutional Free Zones, what a freakin crock.

One more thing? DON’T YOU DARE INSULT the good women and men of the USA who STAY AT HOME and work like dogs, day in and day out, nothing ‘free’, no ‘seeing the world’, no hopping over to ally tents to drink and fool around, no ‘chasing frauleins’ (can chase them but can’t spell their names? Wow). Those men and women are so far from timid it makes me wonder if you really know the meaning of that word.

The mothers and fathers trying to survive under impossible circumstances in the States? The kids just getting out of school who‘ve got no job opportunities? The Veterans of wars who are left high and dry by their government? Those are the true heroes in the USA and people need to start giving them more credit. Not someone who goes on the GI bill to get outta town just to come back and rub it all in our faces of what a good boy you are and what a great job you did.

peace

edit on 13-8-2011 by silo13 because: bold

I do not recall ever asking for your thanks... You are right I never asked you for anything. Everything I did I have done on my own free will. So what exactly the point of your post? To get some more stars. Was that supposed to be a personal insult to me, simply because I shared my personal experience with you. People like you are the perfect example of the most weak,timid, waste of air that has ever walked this planet.
edit on 13/8/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)
What else should i exspect

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt

^^^^^fukin fairy
reply to post by AdamAnt

No, I’m not going to thank you for your service. I don’t ask anyone to fight my battles but me - and I don’t see anyone stepping onto the shores of the States to fight.

You want to ‘sign up to see the world and kill people’ don’t even try to put that back on me or spout the ‘it was your obligation for my safety’ BS. You didn’t keep me or my family ‘safe’ with what you were doing - you helped out an ally and made TPTB more money.

Believe me, if you were a War Vet from Vietnam and all preceding ‘conflicts’ I’d be singing a whole different tune.

So truly, get over yourself and wake up.

You ‘signed up’ (in your own words) to ‘see the world’ and the price you paid (if you did) was killing people.
That’s insane and it was YOUR CHOICE - not mine.

Did you ask me if I wanted you to keep me safe?
NO!
If you had I’d of asked you to stay in the States and FIGHT for your country at home where it would do the most good. FIGHT To keep jobs in the USA - not sent to someplace overseas. FIGHT to keep the CONSTITUTION INTACT? Where were you when the Government installed the ‘Constitutional Free Zones’ in the USA? ‘Over there’ somewhere’ when you should have been home fighting to keep the USA FREE - Constitutional Free Zones, what a freakin crock.

One more thing? DON’T YOU DARE INSULT the good women and men of the USA who STAY AT HOME and work like dogs, day in and day out, nothing ‘free’, no ‘seeing the world’, no hopping over to ally tents to drink and fool around, no ‘chasing frauleins’ (can chase them but can’t spell their names? Wow). Those men and women are so far from timid it makes me wonder if you really know the meaning of that word.

The mothers and fathers trying to survive under impossible circumstances in the States? The kids just getting out of school who‘ve got no job opportunities? The Veterans of wars who are left high and dry by their government? Those are the true heroes in the USA and people need to start giving them more credit. Not someone who goes on the GI bill to get outta town just to come back and rub it all in our faces of what a good boy you are and what a great job you did.

peace

edit on 13-8-2011 by silo13 because: bold

I do not recall ever asking for your thanks... You are right I never asked you for anything. Everything I did I have done on my own free will. So what exactly the point of your post? To get some more stars. Was that supposed to be a personal insult to me, simply because I shared my personal experience with you. People like you are the perfect example of the most weak,timid, waste of air that has ever walked this planet.
What else should i exspect

Wow that’s pretty harsh, but I guess so was he. So tell me, what exactly was the point of your post and why you felt the need to call the Americans who chose not to join “timid” and to clarify what animosities were you referring to. I ask because most of the post I encounter are mostly speaking out about the war and unfortunately the military is a big part of that (they are the ones fighting obviously). So if you’re referencing to posts and threads about people not supporting the troops due to the wars, then sorry your upset but the wars would not be fought if not for the troops. Just saying common sense dictates that you can’t not support the war but support the ones who choose to fight it. Again, sorry if you guy’s fell like you’re in the crossfire, but you did put yourself there by your own free will as you have admitted to.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To the OP: From one soldier to another, the timid comment really set the tone for your thread (as has been said numerous times by others). It's obvious that this has become a military vs. civilians affair. To me, whether civilian or military, a job is a job and we all need to make ends meet. To those out there who were angered by the timid comment - I apologize, on behalf of the professionals out there, for that tone which was set (It really was a great personal story up until that point), please keep in mind that there is a lot more to the military than killing people. To claim otherwise is just silliness. Deny ignorance, as they say.

Other than that, I won't touch this conversation with a ten foot long pole and strongly suggest to the OP that you take a moment and consider how you are opting to represent your service. As is common on ATS, there are a lot of generalities, stereotyping, and assumptions in this thread.

Can't we all just get along?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Hey nice post, so are you saying that all who are against the wars are idiots and hate freedom. I would really like to have you elaborate on the comment you’ve just made. I especially like the first quote you mentioned from Jefferson, from what it seems I spoke out against tyranny and was called an idiot. If I wanted to generalizes you military folks, I’d have to say that you’re all full of yourselves and the people’s views and opinions don’t matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yep, a lot of people in the US bust their butts day in/day out in hard jobs, but one thing you have to keep in mind: They ain't getting shot at while they are bobbing for french fries or working as a bank teller. A lot of guys in the military do.

We don't get anything free. We pay for it one way or another.

And actually, it's "Fräulein" There's an umlaut over the "a" .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by minesweeper
If I wanted to generalizes you military folks, I’d have to say that you’re all full of yourselves and the people’s views and opinions don’t matter.

Sorry to say this, but if you were me, you'd be arrogant, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

If I wanted to generalizes you military folks, I’d have to say that you’re all full of yourselves and the people’s views and opinions don’t matter.

Sorry to say this, but if you were me, you'd be arrogant, too.

that's why i said "if I wanted" to generalizes, i'm not stating that I am.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well that depends on what neighborhood you work in and your chosen profession. There are also many civy jobs that are inherently dangerous to one’s wellbeing outside of being shot at, but I understand what you’re saying. Oh and bank teller do have at least have the risk of being shot at.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yep, a lot of people in the US bust their butts day in/day out in hard jobs, but one thing you have to keep in mind: They ain't getting shot at while they are bobbing for french fries or working as a bank teller. A lot of guys in the military do.

And actually, it's "Fräulein" There's an umlaut over the "a" .

And the day another military force INVADES the USA, (Or actively threatens to - a force like China or Russia) I'll agree with the people who 'join up' these days. This is not our Fahter's army anymore. Between now and when US soil is threatened I don't believe in any manner shape or form is the US Military is keeping anyone other than TPTB and Big Bankers safe - at least their pocket books that is.

And yeah, I got the point of the umlaut, but, I don't have a keyboard that will make it, lol.

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
oops double post...

So I'll take this moment to say: Gos Bless America!

peace
edit on 14-8-2011 by silo13 because: 2xpost

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

My opinion was in no means written as a personal attack.

That being said I do believe though you’re waxing your story up to shine a little brighter than it truly is and I’ll not sit back and be part of the thread without saying so. You want examples?

I knew I'd scored a high enough score on the ASVAB to request any job and any location I want in the military. I chose communications intelligence, figureing if "TSHTS", I'll be in my nice cool office pushing buttons....

Your thread title says it all - as does the above quote. ‘Shedded a tear’? And the above Quote?
If you scored ‘high enough’ for communications intelligence your posts would lead us to believe the military has no care for correct spelling and grammar any longer?

And few years in Deutchland, drinking and chasing fruelings(sp).

Again, a ‘few years’ in Germany and you can’t spell Deutschland and fraulein? (Yes there is an umlaut over the ‘a’ but I’m ignorant on how to make the strike with me keyboard).

My point? You’ve either a marked disregard for spelling and grammar solely on ATS - or - you’re embellishing your story because I just can’t fathom how someone who’s incapable of correct spelling and grammar could have ‘scored high enough’ to serve in ‘military communications‘.

Just know, that alot of us had no clue we were going to war...

Then I can just tell you that line of thinking is incredibly naive. We’re supposed to believe that? It’s like a fighter stepping into the ring thinking he’s not going to get punched! The USA not going to war? And you grew up in the USA?

No, my post and this one is not a personal attack, this however is:

People like you are the perfect example of the most weak, timid, waste of air that has ever walked this planet.

So once more your true opinion of others surfaces. If you’re ‘not military’ (as you said) then you’re a piece of cow excrement (as you said) only you tried to bypass the censor, twice, by using a ‘!’ instead of an ‘i‘. So much for your following orders and authority - bypassing the censor is not allowed on ATS.

Me? A woman? Weak, timid and a waste of air? Fine, you’ve a right to your opinion. The question is do I take your opinion of me personally? Nope. Cause it’s not the truth.

To wrap this up? My best defense of you? I attribute your attitude to gross ignorance and naiveté. And no, (again) ignorant and naive are not attacks but informed observations concluded to by your own account of yourself and your opinions.

End of discussion.

Take care of you and PEACE!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

oops double post...

peace

why does god only bless America?
edit on 14-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

oops double post...

peace

why does your American god only bless America?

oh hear we go, i can't wait to see how this pans out, i sense another closed thread coming.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

oops double post...

peace

why does your American god only bless America?

oh hear we go, i can't wait to see how this pans out, i sense another closed thread coming.

this is not an attack, this is a serious question

why not bless the world?

i think that is seriously hypocritical.

just wanted to know what silo thinks about that, nothing more...nothing less...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by minesweeper

here´s a link, just take a look.

maybe then you'll understand the hypocrisy in saying ´god bless america´ and the problem i´m having with the saying.

linkylink

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Open a thread discussing the subject, send me a U2U and I'll participate but here? I don't want to throw this thread off track but I would like to respond.

In short, my stating 'God Bless America' - is not exclusionary of any other culture, race, religion, only being a tad more specific. Take the the case the OP is an American? My statement is applicable.

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
OP, congratulations for your post
Thank for sharing this with us, its good to see you honestly spoke what most people here woulnd dar to say.

I support our troops, as an ex mil (transcom/STR com) i can say i share your feelings

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Open a thread discussing the subject, send me a U2U and I'll participate but here? I don't want to throw this thread off track but I would like to respond.

In short, my stating 'God Bless America' - is not exclusionary of any other culture, race, religion, only being a tad more specific. Take the the case the OP is an American? My statement is applicable.

peace

i'm sorry for discussing this here but i still don't know how to u2u.
i've never used it before

this also wasn't an attack, a sincere question albeit a bit strangely worded.
i've always wandered about this and seeing your reply it suddenly popped up again.

so i decided to ask, i apologize for it being in the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

peace

i'm sorry for discussing this here but i still don't know how to u2u.
i've never used it before

this also wasn't an attack, a sincere question albeit a bit strangely worded.
i've always wandered about this and seeing your reply it suddenly popped up again.

so i decided to ask, i apologize for it being in the wrong place.

seems now you understand the meaning of why i said what i did, the comment could have taken this thread way off topic.

i do understand you question it's like the old saying "if god is for us, who could be against us", I think that is what your getting at, but this is a topic for another thread.

to u2u, go to tools in the upper bar, then to messages, than there will be a post box much like the way you reply on the boards. write your message and send. you can also send messages to others by scrolling over the word message under their avatar and selecting messages, this send you right to the u2u screen with the post already addressed to them, good luck and fell free to send me one as well.

peace
edit on 14-8-2011 by minesweeper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join