It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you view the concept of God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes, I said it! I jumped the gun. Somebody call the police! This is a thread to see how people view the concept of God or Goddess or whatever. Even Atheist are welcome to explain how would they view God if they believed God was real. This is not debate or way to prove you're correct and everyone is wrong. Just a simple question and your answer to my question. I'll start this bad bad boy off!

God in my view is more traditional to the Jewish view. Very similar to Muslims and Sikhs. We're this is only one and incorporeal God. God is one and cannot be divided or become anything like an animal, human, angel or what not. God is neither male or female. I believe God is above all and is good. But sometimes God has to judge and it can be harsh.

Hashem and Us
Allah
Ik Onkar

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I believe it exactly the way your title says.

A concept.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

My concept of God is, "The all" Everything without exception.

The physical, spiritual, and all things in between = God

edit on 10-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hmmm.... the biggest problem I have believing in a deity that created all...is that it makes no sense that this deity..who can create so much..just happened to be here..all along?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe all religions are pieces to a big puzzle, Buddhism is right on all is one and one is all, but there was a creator who we are one with. Jesus was a prophet and so on.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think God is greater than we can all imagine. I also think that some people have the concept of God mistaken in a way that if they can't see it or can't feel it, it doesn't exist. I just think the universe is too perfect to have "just happened". That doesn't fly well with me.

editby]edit on 10-8-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
hmmm.... the biggest problem I have believing in a deity that created all...is that it makes no sense that this deity..who can create so much..just happened to be here..all along?

That's how I used to feel.. Consciousness is the hole in that, I find it so hard to believe we just got the mind we did through evolution, also.. the missing link...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have trouble understanding how God can be finite and infinite simutaneously, ubiquitous yet confined to the heavens. Everything about God seems to contradict itself which leads me to believe this is nothing more than a concept. How can God have created the universe if there was nothing there to precede him? There would undoubtably have to be something/someone there to create God, then something/someone to create the being who created God and so on and so forth, etc., etc. Too many fallacies, it doesnt add up. If I did believe in God I would accuse him of genocide for the countless amounts of people who have been slain in his name over the past 2,000 years while he stands idle...I would not want my God to watch as people are being killed when he/she has the power to intervene.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agoraphobia11

Why does God need to be created?

Consider the possibility that God has always existed.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
MY "concept" of God comes from the knowledge I have in Science, Physics, Religions, Mathematics and the Ancient writings of the Spiritually lead people of their time. It comes from within mostly......sort of a knowing "feeling" that I am a part of his works and a part of Him.

He is by my definition ALL that is. He experiences through us and we are to perfect in goodness and love for Him as His experience is always unfolding through his people. He allows us to chose the experience and existence on this plane of negativity and darkness of a Planet. As if to come here and experience the darkness first hand and learn to overcome it by being around it daily. Coming to this Planet is the "quicker" way.....as I see it. Its easier to perfect in Darkness than it is in Light. We are to look to the Light in Darkness though....

He is LOVE (the emotion of the light) and the judging comes not from Him but from our own Self (Spirit) that is a part of Him.

In the end though...through our experience he wants to be nothing but the Light/Love and the Mover of ALL. This is what we are here for....to perfect in his will....not ours for our will was set into motion thousands of years ago. The "collective will".
I think He wants us to allow him to lead us to the Light of Peace and Love....nothing more. No fear and No Darkness. The laws have it as of now where there can be no peace on Earth....not yet anyway. It is coming though....and I believe it will be here sooner than later.

To me.....Hell is here...it resides on this Planet and the fallen ones have no doubt been pro active in their own creation of this Planet. Their are indeed dark souls....dark spirits who try to keep the light givers in darkness.

I think there is coming a time when the spiritual war will end and the dark spirits will no longer be able to have any will or freedom what so ever. You can either chose to go into the light...or go into the darkness. Whichever your spirit represents is where you will find yourself. The fallen souls have had millions of years to perfect.....its time to either take on the side of love/light or take on the side of fear/darkness.

So yeah....this is my concept of God and I claim no religion although I believe we light seekers will indeed see and do see Jesus when the day comes where we have no more breath.

Its merely an opinion of mine so far as my journey has taken me. This time last year it was not complete as I did not understand MY all loving God with "hell" mixed in the puzzle. Only this past year did the pieces of the puzzle add up for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But if God is God, why would he need someone to create him when he is the ultimate force in the universe?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree....its like when the void of life became aware it began to move....hence time began.

I like this video....it helps with this concept in my opinion.

I, personally have to make sense of it...and in doing so look also to science and geometry in order to do so.

Not that this video is all knowing and is the answer....but it helps the mind to find a starting place.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have considered this possibility but for this to be possible the timeline wouldnt make sense. If God has always existed than either he/she was sitting in complete nothingness before our universe was created or our universe and world are much older than written in the Book of Genesis. I'm partial to think that God could have existed before our universe on another plane of existence but why is that not written then?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeDaShom

For the reason that something can not exist without a catalyst; God would have needed to come from something but without him there to create it there would be nothing to allow him to exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoraphobia11
reply to post by Akragon

I have considered this possibility but for this to be possible the timeline wouldnt make sense. If God has always existed than either he/she was sitting in complete nothingness before our universe was created or our universe and world are much older than written in the Book of Genesis. I'm partial to think that God could have existed before our universe on another plane of existence but why is that not written then?

Honestly... Don't you think its quite obvious the earth is MUCH older then what Genesis tells you?

My question to you is, why do you believe what you read in the bible is the "end all be all" of our knowledge of God?

God is within you and me and everyone, and is not limited to a silly book written millenia ago...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm just pointing out that if God is all-knowing and all-powerful, He doesn't need someone to create Him.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Clearly the earth is much older than the Book of Genesis. Besides, from what I gather, time has only existed since the creation of the universe. If God created the universe then he must of outside of it, where time doesn't exist, or is at least different to our time.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SirLaughalot

Quick question to you or anyone else. When you mentioning much older then in Genesis. Are you referring to the Christian belief the world is only 6,000 years old?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I am referring to anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SirLaughalot

Just curious. It is hard explaining the Jewish concept from the Hebrew bible when Christians have influenced a lot of the views.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join