It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you view the concept of God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure where that figure comes from. Perhaps it is the result of a population growth study or modern man's lineage being traced back.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoraphobia11
reply to post by Akragon

I have considered this possibility but for this to be possible the timeline wouldnt make sense. If God has always existed than either he/she was sitting in complete nothingness before our universe was created or our universe and world are much older than written in the Book of Genesis. I'm partial to think that God could have existed before our universe on another plane of existence but why is that not written then?

There is 'nothing nothingness' and 'something nothingness'. The first is absolute vacuum and the second perceptual limitations, where the 'something' just is un-observable, so it looks like nothing.

As to it being 'written', it IS written, but it is usally censored away in exoteric religions.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
These are my beliefs:

God is not an invisible man in the sky. God does not exist apart from the universe. God is the universe and maybe beyond.

It is said that God is omnipotent, omniscient, and created everything that we see. Omnipotent means all powerful, the ability to do everything. Omniscient means all knowing, to know everything. If it can do everything, know everything, create everything, does that not mean that it is everything?

Theists of various religions say that God gives us laws that we must follow. But if God is an omnipotent being, and creates laws, would these laws not be unbreakable? If God truly has all the power and truly wants us to obey, his laws would be absolute; it would not be possible to disobey. Now, there are some laws that cannot be broken. The laws of physics can be said to have been created by God, because they are unbreakable by definition.

Any law that can be broken was not created by God.

God does not hate those who kill, steal, worship idols, commit adultery, lust, sloth, or envy. God doesn't hate rapists or heretics. He certainly doesn't hate homosexuals, bisexuals, or transgender individuals. These are all a part of this image God has created, all necessary for God to understand the nature of this reality. God doesn't shed a tear for a dying person any more than a hundred others suffering or a thousand stars sucked into a black hole every second.

Some have asked, why would a perfect God create such an imperfect universe? But they define perfect in human terms; a perfect life of contentment with no suffering. What does perfection really mean? Complete. Flawless. And looking at the bigger picture, at the macroscopic universe around us, everything is perfect. Everything works with flawless effeciency, fine tuned laws of physics keep it that way. If there was even one flaw the universe would not sustain itself; its parts would not be held in balance as they are. Creation and destruction are all part of the process.

In the Evolution vs. Intelligent Design debate, I'm on the fence. Frankly I don't believe there should be a fence. In my mind, Intelligent Design applies to the laws of nature. Evolution is one of these laws; the law of natural selection. God did not have to manually design living beings since all God had to do was create the necessary conditions for living beings to develop.

Finally, I don't believe any western religions are right about God. Eastern religions have been around longer, they know what they're talking about. Christianity is founded on some good moral principles, but some of the beliefs they hold are profoundly ignorant and I simply cannot believe that such ignorance could have been inspired by a divine being. My favorite example (because it is personal to me) is their hatred of homosexuals. Don't try to sugarcoat it, it is hatred plain and simple, and hatred is a product of the human mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I like your concept of God.....especially when you bring Physics into play. Its hard for me to imagine God without it... It is truly amazing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by Agoraphobia11
reply to post by Akragon

I have considered this possibility but for this to be possible the timeline wouldnt make sense. If God has always existed than either he/she was sitting in complete nothingness before our universe was created or our universe and world are much older than written in the Book of Genesis. I'm partial to think that God could have existed before our universe on another plane of existence but why is that not written then?

There is 'nothing nothingness' and 'something nothingness'. The first is absolute vacuum and the second perceptual limitations, where the 'something' just is un-observable, so it looks like nothing.

As to it being 'written', it IS written, but it is usally censored away in exoteric religions.
Ahh, but i've heard even in an absoulte vacuum there are still particals... there is no absolute vacuum.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join