It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by halfsorry
The three most active sites, from what I gather, have been Digg.com, Reddit.com, and the comments on Huffington Post. Such activity will be difficult to spot, as we were careful to refine and revise the scripts so that duplicate postings didn't happen.

The Huffington Post???? C'mon, dude. There is no earthly reason why any conservative should even visit Huff, a left wing loony site of there ever was one. It is simply not worth the effort. Breitbart even helped Ariana start the site because he knew (and told her) that her approach would tend to expose the left as bat-poop crazy as they are. When Meathead posted his first manifesto she called him up and said, "You were right!" I also do not believe reddit nor digg would be used in this fashion. They are referral sites and nearly useless to push political agendas.

You've been asked for specifics and you're dolling them out very carefully. You could just as well be a left wing troll trying to make the right wing look bad. I give you no further credibility. No right wing PR firm would ever hire you for what you say you were hired for.

Bzzzzt!!!! Get the hook! Thanks for playing!

Since I can't star you here, a golf clap and a *cheers* will have to suffice.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

I will like to see an "example" of one of the scripts you use in the boards in the net, that will be very interesting to read.

I have been in ATS for a long time, I sometimes can spot a troll with no problem at all specially during the elections time, they come and go with specific targets, is easy to spot them as they leave as soon their goal is achieved.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Where can i sign up for this?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

the extreme conservative position? and you're only half sorry? aren't the extreme conservatives the right wing nuts wreaking havoc on this country & her economy? I repeat; and you're only half sorry? what exactly would it take for 100% full on regret? how do people like you look at themselves in the mirror? sleep at night? raise children? ................ ya know what, this is your introduction and I hate to rain on your parade but shame on you. and all for a few bucks. maybe when I calm down I'll come back and say hello in my nice tone of voicetype. people like you tick me off. sorry OP. I'm sure you will find many on the right here on ATS to stroke your ego ------ I however am not and will never be one. move to the left ------- in other words --- lean forward........(but we ain't paying you to do it)

The screen name was selected long ago, before I even knew the nature of the scripts.

It was, and has been, rather difficult for someone recently graduated with a degree in history to obtain work. I'm not proud of it, but I'm sure many are not fond of their positions but do their best to get by.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The screen name was selected long ago, before I even knew the nature of the scripts.

It was, and has been, rather difficult for someone recently graduated with a degree in history to obtain work. I'm not proud of it, but I'm sure many are not fond of their positions but do their best to get by.

I know how you feel. When I did back-ups for Lady Gaga, I felt so dirty.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I can respect the fact that you are not willing to name names. I think to some extent that is also understandable. I do however have a few questions for you, if you are willing to answer them.

1. Your profile says you have been here for a few years now. Was this account you are currently using one of several for the purpose of trolling this site?

2. Do you currently have other accounts on this site?

3. If this site was assigned to you as you have claimed, and you have never trolled this site as you claimed, did you face any consequences for choosing to not troll this site?

4. As an employer when you are paying someone to do a job, you want them to do the best job possible and reach all the goals that said job is required to meet. So with that in mind, what exactly was the job for which you were being paid for and what purpose did it serve? What were the goals of this job and how would one be able to judge your job performance?

That is it for now, I am looking forward to your response and thanks in advance for your response.

1 - This is my only account here on ATS, and the only time I selected that screen name. I initially intended to execute my assignments here, but could not after a couple months of becoming familiar with your site.

3 - No consequences as we were only required to be active on X number of sites, not specific sites.

4 - This is one of the aspects of the position that always had me perplexed as well. My contact with the employers was through a secure project management website very similar to salseforce.com in structure. I can only assume that expectations were being met based on the continued extensions of contracts that had a term of six months.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Do you think people that post on ATS all day long, 7 days a week from basically 8 am to 10 pm might be trolls? Some of the ones here that I think are paid trolls do this. That question is to anyone here.

ETA: the ones I think are trolls alway spew the same ideas, scripts. OR do you think there are obsessive compulsive types that can't get enough of proving their point day in and day out to strangers for free?
edit on 10-8-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
what kind of info did you push? Can you be more specific than conservative media? Like Rush Limbaugh conservative media or Ron Paul conservative media? Or Alex Jones conservative media?

You may consider Rush Limbaugh and Fox News as the typical style of the assigned talking points and scripts.

There was an additional significant component during the 2008 campaign that involved harsh material about Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You were paid to advance extreme conservatism?

So, you were paid by Fox News?

ETA: Ah shoot. You mentioned Fox before I got my jab in.

edit on 8/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Remember there are those that can see the matrix.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So you were paid to advance extreme conservatism?

I very much doubt my employer had any direct connection with Fox News. The name of the firm changed three times during the course of my tenure, though the project management site never changed. I surmise the source of funding was some form of political action group.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How many people are averagely involved in such operations? I take it you wern't the only one subverting truth and trolling for the almighty bean.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Like the tea party?

What points did they mostly want you to address? Anti abortion? Anti same sex marriage? Punish the poor, and cut entitlement programs?
edit on 8/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
4. As an employer when you are paying someone to do a job, you want them to do the best job possible and reach all the goals that said job is required to meet. So with that in mind, what exactly was the job for which you were being paid for and what purpose did it serve? What were the goals of this job and how would one be able to judge your job performance?

4 - This is one of the aspects of the position that always had me perplexed as well. My contact with the employers was through a secure project management website very similar to salseforce.com in structure. I can only assume that expectations were being met based on the continued extensions of contracts that had a term of six months.

This part rings true. There are a few places like that (www.freelancer.com...) where you can get these adhoc sort of gigs and get paid via paypal, or some random company and never really know your true employer or even coworkers.

Here's an example: www.freelancer.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So you were paid to advance extreme conservatism?

I very much doubt my employer had any direct connection with Fox News. The name of the firm changed three times during the course of my tenure, though the project management site never changed. I surmise the source of funding was some form of political action group.

So it couldn't be possible that you are a liberal internet troll pretending you were a conservative internet troll?

hmmmmmm?
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
how exactly did you or do you do the trolling ?

I simply posted the provided scripts, usually with modifications, within targeted topics on several different sites.

LOL! They even wrote the material for you? So all you had to do was copy and paste it, then click on "send". Why pay you for that? They could do it themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We are Rigel4 .... We are not troll friendly....

Their from the otherside....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by icepack
how exactly did you or do you do the trolling ?

I simply posted the provided scripts, usually with modifications, within targeted topics on several different sites.

LOL! They even wrote the material for you? So all you had to do was copy and paste it, then click on "send". Why pay you for that? They could do it themselves.

At my work, and when I was more in the political sphere, I give out traing material. Click here, enter this, dial this number, say this.

After a while, my trainees don't need the script anymore, and they don't need the process manual.

They need a general idea of what needs to be done, and then off they go.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
welcome aboard,

youtu.be...

sadly I have seen all these things posted
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join