It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange thing I did as a child

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In my 17 years of living, I have slept walk at least five times a month out of my room. HOwever, the rest of the nights i do stuff in my room.

I remember one night i woke up standing over my cat holding something in my hand to hit the cat with. The cat was staring at me like he understood.

Another night my curtaions were open and i woke up knealing at the end of my bed. Head bowed, hands folded in my lap. The moon coming into my room. i freaked out and ran out of my room.

Many a times i have tried to harm my cat, the male one, in sleep.

Also, when i was little i talked to people, people who really weren't there and that's what i thought parents meant by an inivisble friend. Now i know what I really was doing, and sometimes I find myself talking to them still.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

I find your story really creepy because while I didn't do anything similar, tv channels going off the air always scared me half to death and the thought of sitting there just watching static like that is a bit scary. I'm not even sure why! I have a good friend who was also scared of the stations going off the air. Neither of us know why it scared us so much, but even now, the thought of it makes me cringe!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by AM47240

I find your story really creepy because while I didn't do anything similar, tv channels going off the air always scared me half to death and the thought of sitting there just watching static like that is a bit scary. I'm not even sure why! I have a good friend who was also scared of the stations going off the air. Neither of us know why it scared us so much, but even now, the thought of it makes me cringe!

Some of my friends still have cable and some channels are static, and the static freaks me out too! And I have no idea why.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by AM47240

maybe poltrigist had a great affect you as a child that has stuck with you. movies tend to do that sometimes still to this day i have things that i fear thanks to something i saw in a movie, not fear like bad fear but it just brings back memories haha

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OP it definatly sounds like sleepwalking to me, I have had sleepwalking experiences as well my mother recalls one night finding me standing on the porch in my chonies
saying that my i was tryin to keep my dad (who was in bed asleep at the time) from leaving. several other times where id walk around the house or what ever but that was probably the one big one haha. so ya you were just sleep walking

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
When I was 1-2 years old my hobby was completely taking apart a 3 gang adaptor plug with a screwdriver, then laying the bits out in a row and putting it all back together again. Kids are smarter than we think. Then most of that is lost as the outside world takes over our attention.

The OP was probably sleep-walking and using some other part of his brain at the same time, making patterns, understanding god knows what.

I woke up once with my bare arse in the fridge ready to go to the bathroom in it. Lucky mum caught me at the event horizon.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
\

I woke up once with my bare arse in the fridge ready to go to the bathroom in it. Lucky mum caught me at the event horizon.

hahaha classic, and i thought my chonies incident was bad lol thanks for sharing and thanks for the laugh

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

edit on 8/11.2011 by graceunderpressure because: Oops -- posted in wrong forum!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

That sounds scary for a child, but also really cool as far as what it could have been. I think maybe you were astral projecting. I'm sure a child would be able to do it easier than an adult. Have you tried doing that as an adult?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I can understand. I never got scared by the static, but it always seemed really mysterious to me. It doesn't bother me now. What really scares me is going into a church with all the lights out...hehehe.
I still don't think it was sleepwalking though...Mom says that after we moved out of that house, I never did it again. I did start sleepwalking when I was about 14, and did all kinds of things, though.

Also, many people have mentioned poltergeist (the movie), and I can totally see the similarities there, but I never saw that movie until I was around 10 years old. In fact, that movie hadn't even been made when I was two.

Thanks for all the replies, though guys. I love hearing all these stories about the weird things we all did as kids. I think it's easier for a child to tap into spiritual and paranormal things.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but its definitely sleepwalking. People have experienced almost the same symptoms you have noted. You also stated that you started sleep walking again around the age of 14, so yeah if you've had it recurring throughout your life it shouldn't seem that unreasonable.

I've had my own experiences with sleepwalking myself, both my parents were watching tv downstairs late at night and they just randomly saw my walking down the stairs. I walked up to the closet door with all our shoes, jackets etc, and persisted to put my shoes on. I then closed the closet door and tried to open the door to the outside; which was locked thankfully
. Thats when my parents finally decided to say something to me, and all I did after that was walk back upstairs and back to bed.

It was quite bizarre, and I still to this day wonder where i would have gone if the door was open.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

I believe this is sleepwalking too. I do believe that when we sleep we might be able to tap into more things then when we are awake. I wish you the best and enjoyed reading the OP.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

Wow any more information on communicating with the other side?

The only reason I ask is because I went on a scio machine ( quantum feedback diagnostic tool ) , very new agy I know but spookily accurate, and the operator told me that I had the ability to communicate with the other side, but she couldnt tell me how to do it and said I would have to discover that for myself.

If you have anything you could help me with please u2u me or send me a message or something, dont wanna derail ur thread as it is very cool and creepy.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

I wish I could make it happen again but I don't know how it happened in the first place.
I still wonder why it stopped happening and if it had a meaning or anything.
I have looked into out of body experiences but having a two year old boy in the house does make it difficult to clear my mind ect ect.. Still, doesn't stop me from practicing when I get a chance to.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This seems to me like nothing more than a case of sleepwalking as well. But having said that, something about sleepwalking and the things that people do and say in their sleep kind of freaks me out. I think it's because when you're asleep, it's your subconscious mind that's in control and there's so much we don't know about the subconscious. Or should I say, there is so much that the subconscious knows that we don't.

Luckily, I've never had a friend or partner that has sleepwalked, but something about that vacant stare, and arranging objects, and saying random sentences.... it all makes me shudder.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join