It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, newbie here!!.....Sunset in wrong place......Questions????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've been a fan of ATS for years and recently decided to become a member because there have been recent events where the MSM hasn't really provided coverage of any real news stories, like Charlie Sheen week, for example.

Also this place has some really obscure topics like the metaphsical stuff as well as a lot of scientific links...

There are a lot of knowledgeable members here who can present very good arguments or strong points of reason and I look forward to becoming an esteemed member of this community.

There was an interesting story this year where supposedly in Greenland the sun came up two days early: I believe there was an article addressing that with an explanation given that it was caused by ice caps melting and making some change in the way light diffracts thru the atmosphere or something like that.....

The trolls ran away with those posts and claimed Nibiru Elenin and all sorts of quackery...in short i disbelieved, however what lured me to ATS was that here was the only place i found any mention of the sun coming up early.

I believe whole heartedly that the earth and sun are where they are supposed to be, doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.....But.....I cannot believe that Evertyhing is known about the interactions betwen the two, which leads me to this post..

For 7 years i've been up going to work before dawn and i enjoy the progression of the seasons. In winter just after new years, the sun comes up, over the horizon, into my windshield around 630am on the last leg of my drive into work. Of course i realize that the sunrise/set times vary by day, but they do so rather smoothly, it might be 6 or 7 minutes different each day.

What I experienced was the morning of Jan 11, opening the door to leave my house at 6:05am, and seeing the bright morning sky, with the sun shining just above the horizon, when the day before Monday the sky was dark when i left my house. In addition, the remaing days that week the sun appeared over the horizon at its normal time. I witnessed the "sun come up early"

And then there's this week, I get the progression of seasons, earth's axis tilted really does explain it, but I have now experienced another event which got my attention, the sunset here in Los Angeles on 8/8/11 was a bit WNW. Driving down a street ive travelled for years which i know runs due west, the sunset was not straight ahead or off to the south like it is in winter, but noticeably to the north.

I had to take pictures to confirm what i was seeing, from a hilltop with reference points to compare, over a period of two days. I did see it correctly the sunset was off. After the ridicule of several good friends I decided to turn here for advice on which direction to head with this information. I now believe it possible that there are forces or particles or energies that relate to the earth and sun, that can cause distortions in the way light passes through our atmosphere, sometimes in rather odd ways, such as the "sun coming up early" or "the sunset in wrong place", because i have witnessed it myself. But two points of data isn't much to work off.

Long post but short realistic question......What can cause distortion/diffraction of the suns rays so that people keep thinking the suns not where it is supposed to be, when its supposed to be there?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey, welcome to ATS.

Atmospheric Refraction could be a possible explanation as to why the sun seems to be rising and or setting in a slightly different location than it normally does.

Atmospheric Refraction

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts

Again, welcome to ATS

-Dean

link   
You better hurry up and re-edit "Everything" before the Mis-spellers Police get here.
Welcome to ATS. I tried to look at the sun but it's blinding me and it's way too hot to test that theory. Hope you find your answer.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
Pictures or it didn't happen. Just kidding. I wouldn't be the first person to really answer your question, as I believe that the earth has tilted which causes the sun to appear too far from where it should be, the ice caps really (in my opinion) don't cause the earth to wobble if they melt, it should be the core, or another magnet that "shouldn't be there".

So, let the debate begin.

Please upload your pictures and link them so we can all see them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I will flag you to keep your thread open, tho I think there have been similar threads here before. I keep hearing the same thing, and would like to see what new developments have come up. I feel bad that I do not watch the sky as well as I should.

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Hi balanc3, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words " sun came up two days early "

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
edit on 10/8/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'd like to see a real scientific study about this. There have been alot of claims lately about the sun rising and setting in a different position than it should in that given time of year and area.

Enough claims for a study I think.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Hi balanc3 very warm welcome I hope you will get as much enjoyment from discussing some interesting things here as I get.

Oddly enough, I have been wondering about the sun for the last few days myself. I did read the thread about the sun posted a short while but thought it was such an important thing that people would have been 'screaming' had there been any substance to it.

During the last week as I have come into my kitchen first thing in the morning I have been astounded by the light coming from the sun shining into the room. I have never seen such dazzling light at this time in the morning in past years so cannot make this out. The colour is glorious. I notice colour so would have registered this before, but it is 'different', more orangy and initially I thought someone had left the light on to enhance this hue. The light not being so vivid in the past does make me wonder if a slight shift in the sun now allowed the rays to shine directly in whereas before we only had a partial show. Fascinating times.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. I did expect the "pics or it didn't happen" but I'm not posting the pics cause they're really crummy.

Thanks as well for the Atmospheric Refraction link on wiki.

One coincidence of note is that both of the days on which i noticed these anomalies, were days when CME's from solar flares arrived on earth. There were geomagnetic effects which happened as a result of these particles arriving here.

at spaceweather.com one can find when the solar flares occured, as well as what type of flare and magnitude
at the HAARP website on the induction magnetometer page there are also readings indicating geomagnetic activity.

Between these two resources i feel that there is evidence of forces or energy or incoming mass that could have an effect on why the sun seemed out of place or early.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by balanc3
And then there's this week, I get the progression of seasons, earth's axis tilted really does explain it, but I have now experienced another event which got my attention, the sunset here in Los Angeles on 8/8/11 was a bit WNW. Driving down a street ive travelled for years which i know runs due west, the sunset was not straight ahead or off to the south like it is in winter, but noticeably to the north.

In the N hemisphere summer the sun sets north of west, At the equinoxes it sets due west. In the winter it sets south of west. The degree north or south of west varies according to time of year (it is most north at the summer solstice and most south at the winter solstice).

Sunset at this time of year should be approx WNW. So what you saw was perfecty normal.

This is how it has always been since the Earth has existed.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks for that, I get how the sun does that part, any ideas about the early sunrise? that's what got me paying attention to the skies...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Governments all around the world know exactly why this and how this is happening.

I will tell you an analogy; if you out a statically charged haircomb next to a flow of water from a tap (faucet for USA) the flow of water will be attracted to it and bend.
So it is with light, it can be bent.
So we could be in the right place in time and space and yet the sun is not in the right position.

Here's why...... There is a stellar mass black hole to the west of our Sun bending the light.
Russia has talked about a SIngularity attacking USA.
I have taken photos of the hole.
There are plenty of vids on Youtube with a dark object that everyone thinks is Nibiru/Planet X etc, yet it is a
black hole.
in the 1700s there was an unexplained darkened day-totally explainable if you know about the black hole.

This is why the DUMBs are being made, as black holes can give off Gamma radiation, which if aimed at Earth can result in Nitric acid smog, which burns up the grass etc.
Scary stuff which is the biggest secret ever kept cause they keep killing anyone who knows. Yes they have tried to kill me using DEW (directed energy weapons. Only by the Grace of God am I still here.

Be safe

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Hi OP.
See.....I've been saying this for awhile, started a thread in the spring about the sunsets......being off, just slightly. This week the moon has been rising in a different spot. I have lived here for 7 years and have a bird feeder and can judge the moon rises.....it is really off this time. I know; no pic etc or it isn't happening. Well, something is happening.....my garden is off, the sunrise today was off and the moon rise has been off. I am not an astronomer and I know others will say, "the professionals will cry loud if this was happening......." but I can see it. So why isn't the astronomers saying something. The Big Dipper was off too.......that is the only star constellation I know....sorry. So I support your observations. I don't know maybe we are all off and that is the problem? My observations say something is off, just not sure what? I support you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
The Governments all around the world know exactly why this and how this is happening.

I will tell you an analogy; if you out a statically charged haircomb next to a flow of water from a tap (faucet for USA) the flow of water will be attracted to it and bend.
So it is with light, it can be bent.
So we could be in the right place in time and space and yet the sun is not in the right position.

Here's why...... There is a stellar mass black hole to the west of our Sun bending the light.
Russia has talked about a SIngularity attacking USA.
I have taken photos of the hole.
There are plenty of vids on Youtube with a dark object that everyone thinks is Nibiru/Planet X etc, yet it is a
black hole.
in the 1700s there was an unexplained darkened day-totally explainable if you know about the black hole.

This is why the DUMBs are being made, as black holes can give off Gamma radiation, which if aimed at Earth can result in Nitric acid smog, which burns up the grass etc.
Scary stuff which is the biggest secret ever kept cause they keep killing anyone who knows. Yes they have tried to kill me using DEW (directed energy weapons. Only by the Grace of God am I still here.

Be safe

?what. explain the chemical reaction behind the nitric acid smog please. I am curious how this is......would it be nitrous and we all just start laughing...........

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

This is how it has always been since the Earth has existed.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

No it has not. Long ago the earth was in differnt position
edit on 13-8-2011 by solarm because: m

edit on 13-8-2011 by solarm because: m

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Essan

Thanks for that, I get how the sun does that part, any ideas about the early sunrise? that's what got me paying attention to the skies...

I suspect an optical illusion. Assuming it even happened at all (I don't trust the media!)

There's quite a good, objective, article about it here:

www.livescience.com...

new topics

top topics

join