It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Men from Birmingham, Killed in Crash on Night of UK Riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Three men have been run over and killed as they protected property in a second night of violence in Birmingham. The men aged 31, 30 and 20 were hit by a car in Winson Green. They were taken to City Hospital where about 200 people from the Asian community gathered.

Three killed in crash on night of birmingham riots

Ok, so it's REALLY starting to get out of hand now...News like this makes me SICK to be born in Birmingham, UK...To cold-bloodedly mount a kerb & run over THREE people is brutal & cowardly.

For the past few days, the area that I live in, surprisingly, didn't seem to have much trouble going on (especially since it's an area known for having a high level of crime): www.independent.co.uk... This is just to show you the kind of place that I live in..

In the past, there's been a lot of troubles. Living in a volatile urban inner-city area, with multi-ethnicities, high unemployment, high % of crimes, is bound to have its problems...But it seems like things are escalating towards an even higher point of destruction & chaos.

These riots are not only bringing back memories of the race riots back in 2005...But now, tensions between two races are actually starting to flare up again, since the deaths of the 3 people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope it doesn't get to that point...But like I said, for the past few days, everything was unusually quiet in my area...But it has now "spilled" over to the Lozells & Aston parts of Birmingham.
edit on 10-8-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's been peeing down all day here (I live just outside of south Liverpool) so hopefully thing's might start too calm down. If the weather worsens then most of the rioters/looters won't bother coming out.
London was suppose to be pretty calm last night, so maybe the trouble starting to fizzle out.

And my sympathies go out to the three young men and their families, who died defending their neighborhood.
Let's hope this doesn't start something much worse than looting and vandalism, the last thing we need is for this to turn into some kind of race war.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
hi op
1 of the young men that was killed was round the corner from his house
his father attempted cpr
he done an interview earlier
they were muslim and in the winson green area
not bashin muslims just stateing

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Three men have been run over and killed as they protected property

Look, I hate to be a spoilsport, but I cant actually see anywhere in the article you've linked to any reference at all that the accident is in any way related to the riots. Pedestrians get hit by cars all the time. Yes, even in groups. Doesnt mean there was a riot in the area.

It would perhaps also be nice if you'd paid attention to the appeals of the police and...
"... please remain calm - we must cease the violence and please do not turn this into something that it is not.
"This is an accident, by the sounds of it - we certainly haven't got any more information more than that but we must remain calm and wait for the investigation to be concluded."

edit on 10-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Three men have been run over and killed as they protected property in a second night of violence in Birmingham.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The rioters were being driven out of the city centre into these locations. The asian community were expecting them and were waiting to meet them. Do your research.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

It would perhaps also be nice if you'd paid attention to the appeals of the police and...
"... please remain calm - we must cease the violence and please do not turn this into something that it is not.
"This is an accident, by the sounds of it - we certainly haven't got any more information more than that but we must remain calm and wait for the investigation to be concluded."

edit on 10-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

remain calm? thats not the message we are hearing from the Prime Minister.

“We needed a fightback, and a fightback has begun,” Cameron told reporters outside his Downing Street office today.

www.bloomberg.com...

he has promised that the Police will be allowed use Whatever means necessary.

and then they always have these guys to cover their backs;

the angry mobs are being mobilised and manipulated. you can see how this is going to end.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Birmingham Riots 2011

These are the updates I've been following...

Apparently the football hooligans are entering the scene now.

& as I expected, the racial tensions have flared up...The backlash was going to happen. Reports of asian gangs are flocking to Birmingham from all around UK to hit back at the the killings...

Tonight is going to be chaos I think.

top topics

join