It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Blacks And Asians Riot In Birmingham, England

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Rioting has broken out overnight in Brimingham, England, as gangs of Blacks and Asians came to blows after an alledged sexual attack upon a 14 year old girl, possibly by a group of Asian men.

news.bbc.co.uk
A man has died after violence in the Lozells area of Birmingham on Saturday night. Four people were stabbed and two people shot in the disturbances.

A black man in his 20s died from stab wounds and a police officer was shot with a ball bearing gun. The other injuries are not said to be serious.

"There is an allegation that a young black girl has been raped, some people say gang raped, by some Asian men, and that is the core cause of the tension," Bishop Joe Aldred from the Council of Black Led-Churches, told BBC News 24.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The issue of sexual assaults perpetrated by Asian men is one that has come into focus in Britain in recent times, and acts such as the attack upon this young girl only go to reinforce any existing stereotypes. It would seem that some members of the local Black community have decided enough is enough.

The problem appears to have been compounded by the fact that the girl is reported to be an illegal immigrant, therefore causing the local Black community to refuse the assistance of the authorities.

This situation is indeed very sad. It has been said recently that tensions between the two communities were already strained and incidents such as this can only drive a wedge further between them.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This was coming because, im not being racist, but the Asian community in Britian isn't perfect and do cause a lot of crime. Only afew weeks ago in Margate (near me), a girl was raped by Asian men. But the Black community tends to be blamed for Asian crime, so im not suprised that the two groups have clashed.

Expect more in the next couple of days.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Channel 4 ran a series a while back called 'Edge Of The City', which documented work done by Bradford social services. One of the programs dealt with the issue of 'grooming' by Asian men -

IT IS not unusual for programmes to be pulled, but it is usually done for legal reasons and well in advance. Yesterday Channel 4 pulled Edge of the City hours before transmission because police felt that it might provoke racial conflict.
It is easy to see why. The producer-director Anna Hall set out to make a sober documentary about the work of Bradford Social Services, but she included an explosive issue.
For several years, it seems, a group of men of Asian origin have been cruising Bradford and neighbouring Keighley to pick up under-age white schoolgirls and “groom” them for sex. Many of the girls have been sedated, raped vaginally and anally, and in some cases confined in flats and gang-raped.
According to Hall’s film, one of the four social services offices in the area has noted 60 to 80 possible cases, some involving girls as young as 12. Hall filmed groups of girls hanging around street corners, while a previous victim said that they were waiting to be picked up. The police, apparently, are hamstrung because if a girl is over 13 they cannot act unless she makes a complaint.

Quote, which appeared in 'The Times', taken from here.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just have to walk around my City, Canterbury, and see how many girls are "hit on" by Asians. Countless times they use to do it when i was with my ex gf and my female friends too. The stuff they would say was sick, i nearly got into fights cause of it.

And people in Britian wonder why the BNP and NF are getting more support

[edit on 23-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can relate to that one Infinite, happens all the time in Reading also. Only the other day I was walking past a (very attractive, I must admit) girl and an Asian guy, that obviously fancied himself and was soaked in some aftershave, walked by and whistled and made a lewd comment.

I remember thinking to myself, "thats not really going to get you anywhere mate.."

I admit, I was looking and admiring her too, but at least I did it in a passive way, rather than demean the poor girl in public and embarress youself in the process.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The police need to start setting up stings and catch these scumbags. Any thug that rapes, let alone gangrapes a child needs to be exterminated. I don't care what race you are or what race your victim is, it's just plain wrong.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Two burnt out cars are seen in Johnstone Street in the Lozells district of Birmingham, England Sunday Oct. 23, 2005. Riots erupted in the Lozells area of west Birmingham Saturday after members of the Afro-Caribbean and South Asian communities held a meeting over the alleged rape of a 14 year old girl.

Seems like race riots are becoming a trend.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
When blacks do it it's called Wilding. When Hispanics do it it's called La Quinceañera (like a Bat Mitzvah with beer). And so on and so forth.

I think in white suburbs they call it dating.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Rioting has broken out overnight in Brimingham, England, as gangs of Blacks and Asians came to blows after an alledged sexual attack upon a 14 year old girl, possibly by a group of Asian men.

When you say gangs; is that organized gangs or a group of random teens just hanging out together?

The police, apparently, are hamstrung because if a girl is over 13 they cannot act unless she makes a complaint.

Does that imply that the age of consent in the UK is only 13? Seems extremely young to me.

[edit on 10/23/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Does that imply that the age of consent in the UK is only 13? Seems extremely young to me.

It is young, but it's been that fairly recently in the US for females. Depends on the state. Many are still 14.

Of course it tends to be higher for males. Quite hypocritically. 'Cause them hot young 14 year old girls in Iowa and South Carolina are just askin' for it.

Iowa 14(f) 18(m)

South Carolina 14 (f) 16 (m)

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

It is young, but it's been that fairly recently in the US for females. Depends on the state. Many are still 14.

Of course it tends to be higher for males. Quite hypocritically. 'Cause them hot young 14 year old girls in Iowa and South Carolina are just askin' for it.

Interesting I was not aware of the lower age limits in other states. Here it is 18 that is why I questioned it. Do not know what Iowa girls that young look like, the border is alway closed when I get there,
but agree on the Sounther girls

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Does that imply that the age of consent in the UK is only 13? Seems
extremely young to me.

Just to answer your question shots. The age of consent in the UK is 16.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Yes..

who ever said it was 13 in this thread has no level of intelligence.

Expect more violence tonight, knowing the Asians they will kick off again.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
And?

Asians are no worse than any other group in England. Try working at a club, you will notice that the most attractive 10 girls get hit on, over and over again. Bothered over and over again by every guy...

I seriously doubt there are any statistics to back up that Asian men do more than their fair share of rapes but this is going to cause more problems between the groups. In fact, she was likely raped because of who she was and who she knows and wasn't an isolated attack. [Drugs].

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Yes..

who ever said it was 13 in this thread has no level of intelligence.

Shots was replying to a quote made by KhieuSamphan. He was making a comment, not stating a fact. I think his intelligence is not at question here.

The police, apparently, are hamstrung because if a girl is over 13 they cannot act unless she makes a complaint.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Shots was replying to a quote made by KhieuSamphan. He was making a comment, not stating a fact. I think his intelligence is not at question here.

Oh i see..

My bad holmes!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That's the reason why I for the separation of diffrent races. it's hate that causes these crimes why will 14 men rape a girl? That's HATE! Let's rephrase that these are not Asians, they are Indians..... Not considered asians by the people of the orient

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Asian defines what group exactly? Rape is common amongst and carried out by all racial categories, and to state that one race is praticularily adamant in carrying out rapings more than another requires a great deal of sociological evidence, something which seems to be deplete here other than personal observations.

'Indians' as I've just been informed are more prone to rape women then any other race in the U.K? Being an Indian myself, I take that offensively. Would anyone like to substantiate these spurious and outright stupid claims?

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Asian defines what group exactly? Rape is common amongst and carried out by all racial categories, and to state that one race is praticularily adamant in carrying out rapings more than another requires a great deal of sociological evidence, something which seems to be deplete here other than personal observations.

I agree. that statement that about asians being prone to raping more than any other group is racist. But, you lknow what's intresting about this whole scenario brother? The whites in England have pitted these two groups against each other: You know what's it called DIVIDE & RULE

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Oh i see..

My bad holmes!

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

That is where the original statement was in the times all he did was quote it, but I am still waiting to hear if these gangs are organized gangs with names or just gangs of random youth that gather together as a group of friends in one spot?

BTW I still think even the age of 16 is too young

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join