It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya says Nato strike killed 85 civilians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Libya says Nato strike killed 85 civilians.

www.thenational.ae

ZLITAN, LIBYA // Libyan officials said yesterday that dozens of civilians had been killed in a Nato strike on a cluster of farmhouses east of Tripoli, but the alliance said it hit a legitimate military target.

A strike causing large numbers of civilian casualties could undermine support in some Nato nations for a campaign to topple the Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi.

A spokesman for Col Qaddafi's government, who took foreign reporters to the scene of the strike, said 85 people had been killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
How many has NATO killed compare to crimes that Gaddafi forces committed. IT shows that you cannot win with air-power alone. i mean what was NATO thinking when they went into Libya. And no-fly-zone in Libya isn't to what compare to the Iraq no-fly-zones in Iraq in the 1990s and the early 00s. At least in that one, coalition warplanes tried to shoot at Iraq SAMs and anti aircraft guns and watch out for Iraqi aicraft unlike in Libya, it's more like the NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999.

www.thenational.ae
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well.. I'm just absolutely shocked.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In all war civilians suffer.
We don't even know why Gadaffi is now the bad guy, when only a a year or so ago he was the good guy again?
I feel deeply sorry for the women children and men who were killed.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

ya i know.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What were civilians doing in this dangerous area worthy of bombs? They should not have had any relation with military grade targets. Respect fire and you may live, live in fire and you may die...don't burn.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
What were civilians doing in this dangerous area worthy of bombs? They should not have had any relation with military grade targets. Respect fire and you may live, live in fire and you may die...don't burn.

Is that some kind of joke? This country is not a dart board for Nato to throw darts at will at. Would you think its ok if I bombed you and you're family by accident whilst aiming at a terrorist next door?
edit on 10-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join