It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America..lets fix it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
#3 This one is Harder Still. If an elected official promises on the Campaign Trail , he or she is subject to a committe chosen by the people that will decide if willful deception, beyond a reasonable doubt was inflicted on The People to get into office if they don't do as they promised. If so they are not allowed to run for another term.
This would make their promises something to belive is possible to expect in the term they can deliver !!

This should be law. I think this would change politics and the country. Excellent idea. This is exactly what my intentions were when creating this thread

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thats one opinion. But slavery goes against what this country was based on. Slavery is a black (no pun intended) mark on this countries history. you cant have a free country and have slaves. I really dont believe that is the way to go. Plus what would I do with my step kids. and wife.....Plus the brothers in the hood..well they might not go for that. Not sure if your serious but id like to know.
edit on 9-8-2011 by semperkill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

This country was started by christians with the idea of a separation between church and state. bartering for goods is great I think that we do it now to some extent. We are a very wastefull nation. recycling programs aside we are not doing much to repurpose things.. i think this would help all of us....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hmm, just off the top of my head here are a few changes I would make to start putting things right

- Close all military bases abroad, ETS approximately 50% of the troops returning, remainder assigned to port and border security tasks
- Temporary halt in all foreign aid till certain economic criteria can be met at home
- Tax code simplification: no loop holes, itemization, deductions, or write-offs for individuals or businesses
- Forced transparency of elected officials: all bank records personal and private become public information during their stay in office
- Outright ban on political parties and lobbyist groups
- Cap government spending at a percentage of the GDP, mandatory amount put towards paying off the national debt
- Term limits for all federal elected and appointed officials

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, my short course:

Abolish the IRS, or at least pare it down drastically. Go to the Fair Tax immediately.

Quit it and kick the UN out of NYC and the country.

Repeal Obamacare.

Pass meaningful tort reform that defangs the trial lawyers.

Eliminate capital gains tax.

End all Federal subsidies.

Drill anywhere there's a suspicion of oil.

Starting building Gen III nuke plants immediately. Enough to cover at least 75% of our energy needs.

Don't let stupid people vote. This is the root of our problem. There needs to be a way to prove you are an intelligent, informed, and involved voter before you get your voter registration card.

Pull our troops immediately out of any confilict without a demonstrable national security mission.

Stop all foreign aid. We need to get our problems under control before worrying any other country's problems.

Seal the southern border and deport all illegals. Yeah, there are a lot of them so we need to start as soon as possible.

Deny the vote to anyone getting federal financial assistance, they have a vested interest in the status quo and cannot be trusted to vote impartially.

Return the election of Senators to the State Legislatures. Politicians, on both sides, have assumed the mantle of an elite ruling class in Washington. Making them responsible to the State Legislatures would help rein them in.

I'm sure I could think of more but this would be a good start. Shame it's never going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join