It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America..lets fix it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was just in a conversation that asked a valid question. It quickly turned into troop bashing then started to go to america bashing. It got me to thinking. So I pose these questions
.What can we do to fix it.?
.Is it worth fixing?
.Do you want to be a part of fixing it
.Is patriotism dead?
I am looking for solutions here. We all know the problems . In fact that is all we seem to talk about but i notice that there are no solutions. I want to hear from everyone in america. I beleieve in my heart that we are the greatest country in the world. Even if you dont i would just like to hear your solution. This country was created on many ideals it is a melting pot and has become so much more than our forefathers have ever dreamed it would be. I think that with all our issues we can still come out of it on top. I just dont know how. Do you?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The system won't allow us to install a fix. It's beyond repair at this stage sadly.

The only fix I can think of is a whole new start...

Just my 2 cents...

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

Energy independence and sale once domestic needs are met.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
I beleieve in my heart that we are the greatest country in the world. Even if you dont i would just like to hear your solution.

1) Re-read the Constitution, the federalist papers, and understand the meaning behind all of it....everyone.

2) Outlaw Corporate Lobbying, the Federal Reserve, and then arrest and prosecute all these corrupt politicians who accepted contributions from corrupt America, and lie to the American public while ignoring their wishes.

3) Reverse/discard EVERY 'executive order' ever issued and put on the books.

4) Enact policies and laws that are in line with the framing of the US Constitution.

If we don't follow the constitution then the Republic is dead, and we are left with some bastardized form of Corporatism.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Theres got to be a way. I jsut hope we are not giving up on ourselves. This is AMERICA. It means something and we have got to find a better way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Excellent point. I think rewriting the constitution as it stands is one way to go. But what would we change in the text. I have read it and for the most part it is an unclear and vague document. I mean the idea that it pushes is great. id like to have it in plain english for the layman to be able to understand. True transparency? probably never.
edit on 9-8-2011 by semperkill because: grammar

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Im not sure if we have the reserves for that. Alternate fuel choices? probably the best way to go. Isolationism anyone?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
dp

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

2) Outlaw Corporate Lobbying, the Federal Reserve, and then arrest and prosecute all these corrupt politicians who accepted contributions from corrupt America, and lie to the American public while ignoring their wishes.

First thing i would do is outlaw them too. I think the lobbies and special interests groups have weakened us. Politicians should be held to a higher standard starting with the POTUS. The office has definaetly taken some bad hits.. I remember a time when it was respected. Then here comes a guy who admits on national TV that he got a blow job in the Oval office....The Oval office are you kidding me! its been downhill from there. We knew Kennedy messed around but dammit it he did it with dignity!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Given a perfect world: Make the US a Christian Republic, preferably Dominionist.

But that's probably not going to happen. Or at least it's not a popular view around these parts. So we'll leave that aside for a moment.

Soooo...fixing things...well, I think we need to junk the entire dollar system for one. Just walk away. The whole thing is an abomination.

What if people could use the net or social networking for barter of goods and services? I'm flat broke, Neighbor A is flat broke, and Neighbor B is flat broke. But say A is a dentist, B is a roofer, and I make clothes from scratch (which I do). I can trade clothes to A, who will fix B's teeth, and B will come over and fix my roof. See, a bunch of stuff got done, three people felt they got something useful out of the deal, and business took place (even though we are all still "broke" in dollar terms.)

Straight one-on-one bartering is difficult for both people to get a fair trade, but with enough people involved in a circular change, it shouldn't be that hard to come to an equitable solution. I do believe you could run much of the middle-class economy this way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
We, each in our own way, ARE trying to fix America.
The problem is that while we have a problem, for every issue we have a bajillion solutions.
I'm Tea Party, I know how to fix the problem.
A progressive liberal may also have a solution.
A zen buddist, living in a yurt, in Sheboygan may have another solution.

The problem isn't a lack of solutions to fix the problems, it's a cacaphony of solutions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkillThe Oval office are you kidding me! its been downhill from there. We knew Kennedy messed around but dammit it he did it with dignity!

Comparing Kennedey to that puppet Clinton is disgraceful.

Kennedey was the last real leader/president that you had, and was killed for trying to warn you of who is behind the curtain.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We need to reclaim our white heritage with a return to our past.

Reestablish slavery, child labor and take the vote away from women!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We, each in our own way, ARE trying to fix America.
The problem is that while we have a problem, for every issue we have a bajillion solutions.
I'm Tea Party, I know how to fix the problem.
A progressive liberal may also have a solution.
A zen buddist, living in a yurt, in Sheboygan may have another solution.

The problem isn't a lack of solutions to fix the problems, it's a cacaphony of solutions.

Well, this is where the "Great Terror" phase of the revolution comes in handy!

Kidding...sort of.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
We need to reclaim our white heritage with a return to our past.

Reestablish slavery, child labor and take the vote away from women!

If we reesablish slavery, can we MAKE Obama stop the bombings our empire currently carries out?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Its limping along on its last leg. To initiate a fix, I am affraid that it has to completely break first. For us to rebuild, we would have to start small, isolated, free from the misdirection of global corporatist ideology. Rid ourselves of dependance on currency and the convenience that has made us complacent slaves.

Learn the skills of simple living and the rewards of self reliance that have been all but outlawed for us. But the most important thing is our government has to fail. They are beyond saving.

If the country falls for the government to fall, so be it. The people will rise again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Outlaw corporate campaign contributions. Cap campaign dollars. Segregate politicians from the private sector. No CEOs in congress for example.

Close tax loopholes. Create a flat tax for businesses.

Require citizens to participate in X hours of political activities per year.

Require transparency by all institutions, starting with the FED.

Use tax dollars for their original purpose.

Institute citizen voting for anything over 1 billion dollars.

etc; etc; etc;

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

A star for you.
We the people have to all be aware that "the fix" was written into our founding documents. It is the right of the people to abolish the government and replace it with another of the people for the people and by the people. Stay true, the tree of liberty requires watering now and again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
I was just in a conversation that asked a valid question. It quickly turned into troop bashing then started to go to america bashing. It got me to thinking. So I pose these questions
.What can we do to fix it.?
.Is it worth fixing?
.Do you want to be a part of fixing it
.Is patriotism dead?
I am looking for solutions here. We all know the problems . In fact that is all we seem to talk about but i notice that there are no solutions. I want to hear from everyone in america. I beleieve in my heart that we are the greatest country in the world. Even if you dont i would just like to hear your solution. This country was created on many ideals it is a melting pot and has become so much more than our forefathers have ever dreamed it would be. I think that with all our issues we can still come out of it on top. I just dont know how. Do you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
Reply by CherbBaby
-----------------------------

Wow !! I have been waiting for this thread topic to come !! Great Thread !! Thx !!
Now the hard part..I have one other question to add to your list if I may. What Is Broken???? Plenty!!
I can't begin to cover all the fix's so I hope you get your wish when you ask for honest opinions and ideas from the hearts who care.

A quick liist I can offer is this.
#1 Get rid of the Electronic Ballot Systems !! They are able to be tampered with and can "Fix" an Election !!
#2 Pass legislation that demands transparency from Corporations and Big Banks Etc as to What politicians/ Govt decision makers, Justices etc that can be bought.because of Lobbying. Have you ever seen a man or woman from main street get an appointment with a Congressman or Senator Etc? Hardly ever if at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Can America be saved? IMO... MAYBE. As a Generation X'r I have recollections of a 2 parent household. I was lucky in that I was not a "latch-key" child. Now, some of what I am about to say is going to anger some, or many of you. I understand your difference of opinion but lets look at some facts...

* The Nuclear family barely exists anymore
* MORE than half of all marriages end in divorce now within the first 5 years
* It's safe to say that more African-American children are born and raised by a single parent.
* A majority of these same children do not even know their father.
* Political Correctness has become the bane of America
* We have become a nation of pansies. No matter what you say, SOMEONE WILL be offended.
* We have replaced Sunday School/church with the NFL
* Bridge night with the Jones' is now, meeting at the club and leaving with a stranger.
* Rather than failing a kid who can't perform at his grade level, we pass them (Social Progress) so
as not to offend or traumatize them.
* Rather than givin the kids a good ol spankin, we fear the government will arrest us.
I can go on but hopefully, you are getting the picture.

WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN OR FORSAKEN OUR FOREFATHERS.

If gays cannot marry then heterosexuals should be fined and penalized for divorce. I do not say this in defence of gay marriage. (I oppose it for OTHER than the going reasons)WHY? Because MARRIAGE is a solemn oath and contract which for too long people have increasingly disrespected. Marriage is TOUGH! Stop using the courts to "settle" things when things dont go your way. Marriage is about compromise not a legal excuse to shack up for a few years and thats it.

The above is symptomatic of the general attitudes we as Americans have taken. Forgetting that our forefathers sacrificed and gave their lives to defend and secure our future so that we can remain UNITED.

Well folks, Either they were WRONG, or we have made a mockery of their sacrifices.

It's time we spank our own selves in the butt because we have let our parents down. Too wimpy to stand up for what is right. and good and just.

We now try to equate ourselves with God by attempting, in our own hubris, to control the weather or by deciding who lives or who dies by abortion for the wrong reasons.

We have become enslaved to technology and should we lose all power on the grid, we would self destroy in hours.

We have come to accept the lies our government has told us weather we believe them or not.
AND
We have become a country too afraid to stand up to their government and say ENOUGH! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY AND YOU ARE FIRED!
AND
We have become a country who has forgotten the 2nd Amendment.

These last two alone are the reasons why I doubt America can be saved. I hope we make it through this.

And ya know? All this is coming from a GAY HIV+ HISPANIC - AMERICAN that realizes that however crazy some extreme right wingers are, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE AMERICA and I would rather be hated in a free land, than loved in a land where we have no say.

SEMPER FI

edit on 8/9/2011 by FrankieNinja because: grammatical correction

top topics

<<   2 >>

join