It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. sales of aluminum bats up over 6,500%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This story is a very bad sign it makes me think of 2 reasons for this rise in sales either honest people fear for their safety and are trying to protect themselves . or the protesters are arming themselves to eqqually fight the cops who seem to only have shields and batons.

maybe both reasons are correct either way this is not a good sign that these riots are slowing down, or coming to an end anytime soon. tents and headlights this seems like the protestors are gearing up for a long protest/riot.

I wonder what the sales of maskes and hooded sweatshirts are like.. likewise do they sell protective sports gear like they do here in the U.S.
we have hockey baseball and football gear all do very well at protecting you from a bat or baton hit. its the same protection most riot cops use here along with a bullet proof vest.

Several days of rioting and looting in London have turned into a temporary boon for the sporting goods business. Figures from Amazon.co.uk show that sales of self-defense items like bats have skyrocketed in recent days.
The Rucanor Aluminium Baseball Bat was at the top of Amazon's "Movers and Shakers in Sports & Leisure" list, showing a 5,149 percent increase.
Paywell's Military Police Telescopic Tonfa also saw a rise of more than 5,000 percent. Some wooden bats were up as much as 3,664 percent.

Other items like tents and headband lamps also benefited during the period of unrest.
Londoners began cleaning up their city after a third night of riots on Tuesday, aided by a Twitter and Facebook campaign which rallied people to the most damaged areas.

Fires broke out across the capital on Monday night as looters smashed up and set ablaze buildings, shops and cars, while violence also broke out in the cities of Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol.

Prime Minister David Cameron recalled parliament Tuesday and promised to crack down on protesters if the riots continued. "You will feel the full force of the law, he said. "And if you are old enough to commit these crimes, you are old enough to face the punishments."

Update (1:40 p.m. ET): Amazon.co.uk now lists sales for the Rucanor Aluminium Baseball Bat as being up 6,541 percent.
Source
edit on 8/9/2011 by -W1LL because: src

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

The police probably bought a snip load! Batter Up Mr Looter! Kapow!

st.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'll bet that knifes and H2O guns (to put ammonia in) will be up also.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Aluminum bats, eh? Well it probably won't kill anyone but it can maim and paralyze a chav...be careful out there people. I say this b/c I have a sneaky feeling that people who are actively participating in the riots and looting are posting on ATS...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

i don't understand the ammonia part of the co2 gun. could you please elaborate! america is next,and my country(canada)will follow! i want to be ready!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well these rioters wouldn't purchase the bats, they would just loot them, so this must be sales to the opposition.

Either they are arming themselves with baseball bats to defend their property because they haven't been allowed to purchase firearms legally, or they are arming themselves for a mass retaliation.

I have heard about football(soccer) and rugby teams planning to band together and form militias to fight back against the "fugees".

Race-War tonight?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Better apply for your Possessions and Acquisitions License then! (Firearms license)

Guns are expensive too. You'll need at least $500 just to start. Otherwise there's hockey sticks I guess lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So Goldman Sachs is trying to corner the aluminum market and now riots involving the purchase of aluminum bats.
I smell a conspiracy here

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

H2O gun. As in a water gun. Idiots like to fill them with gross, caustic or otherwise harmful liquids and shoot them.

Well, I should say rumor is that idiots like to do this.

In the 90's Congress tried to ban water guns citing some incidents of acid being sprayed at people that never actually occurred.

If you get a chance you should read up on how the NRA saved the Super Soaker. It's interesting, funny and sad all at once.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
reply to post by -W1LL

Aluminum bats, eh? Well it probably won't kill anyone but it can maim and paralyze a chav...be careful out there people. I say this b/c I have a sneaky feeling that people who are actively participating in the riots and looting are posting on ATS...

You can kill someone with one swing of a bat....easily actually...it's scary how easy it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce

I have heard about football(soccer) and rugby teams planning to band together and form militias to fight back

It's about damn time, I hope it gets televised.

How are popcorn sales, someone needs to investigate.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ok ok, WHO ordered the TENT?

Tonfu's up 50,000% btw, and showing 404 now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is why deadly force needs to be used instantly to quell rioting and looting. The escalation in violence will happen, one way or another. If the government does nothing, then they will have no control over that escalation. On the second day, they beat the crap out of people. Third day, someone is shot to death.

There has been reports of youths moving through streets with machetes and meat cleavers.

This is coming the forth day. They have already tasted blood. You will see several more innocent civilians dead on the streets by the time the sun comes up tomorrow. And it will get worse from here.

Once the roving groups get emboldened, then it will take a far larger body count (of their own bodies) to get them back into compliance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

thanx for the info! i thought it was a way of 'beefing' up the power of an air rifle. having read what you sent me,i think i'll stick with more 'traditional' ways of defending my family!!! broken bones heal,acid burns not so well!!! some people are insane! thanx again!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just another thing to be outlawed soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
You will see several more innocent civilians dead on the streets by the time the sun comes up tomorrow. And it will get worse from here.

I told you so........

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I truly love ATS some days.

usual post: "WE NEED TO ALL RISE UP AND OVERHTORW THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD! SOW ANARCHY! FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Post after someone sets a car on fire: "THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO REACT WITH MASSIVE BRUTAL FORCE AGAINST ANYONE I THINK NEEDS TO BE KILLED, RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW! STATE POWRER! PROPERTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
edit on 9/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

usual post: "WE NEED TO ALL RISE UP AND OVERHTORW THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD! SOW ANARCHY! FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Post after someone sets a car on fire: "THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO REACT WITH MASSIVE BRUTAL FORCE AGAINST ANYONE I THINK NEEDS TO BE KILLED, RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW! STATE POWRER! PROPERTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

I dont see the humor in this... you just described differing opinions... now more innocent people are dieing... I just dont see the point in your post, this is a horrific tragedy and I hope we can triumph over it.

sadly with these 2 more deaths i think we will only see it escalate.
edit on 8/9/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Two people? Is that all? Have you ever noticed that our standards for what makes death a "tragedy" relies heavily on current opinion of the event?

Two people killed in riots? Oh! What a horrible tragedy!
Two thousand killed in a few months of bombing another nation? Meh, collateral damage.

At any rate, I'm just amused by how easily the tide shifts on ATS. Sort of like how everyone here hated Ghaddafi... until someone tried to overthrow him, now he's an ATS folk hero.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

The difference between a revolution, or revolt, VS riots and looting is as big as a country mile. I have never supported anarchy, and never will.

I have no problem with people organizing a revolt, or a revolution. But I think they are worth less than the cost of the bullet to shoot them if they are looting or rioting.

If you are here to fight the government, then I will stand beside you. If you are here to bust into the store down the street at rob it, then I will be the first to shoot you.

If support the right of a nation’s citizens to determine the course of their own country. But if those citizens want to wipe another country off the map. Then I will be the first to call for active outside control of that country.

Your right to self determination stops where it meets your neighbor’s person and property.

Person and property should be defended by any force necessary.

If you do not respect other people’s life and property, do not be surprised if I don’t respect yours.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join