It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Life May Have Originated in Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Universe itself could in fact be a living thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by TheAmused

Damn! Another purposely incorrect headline to sucker us into reading that such is not exactly the case.

Forgivable, no, but that style of tabloid journalism is not uncommon on ATS where most are unaware of the standards of journalism or else they only get their principles from the Inquirer or the Sun.

Actually, the requirement for the Breaking Alternative News Forum is that we use the exact article title... so the 'tabloidesque' headline criticism belongs with the International Business Times....

The more appropriate title would have been "NASA: DNA Found on Meteorites Indicates Components of Life May Have Originated in Space"

While I appreciate the frustration with such eye-catching techniques, the Op is not at fault here.... perhaps a letter to the editor is called for - if you are in fact so outraged....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Hi maxmars

I was under the impression only 2 threads were allowed covering the same story, mine was the second, this is the third? Is it any wonder I lose my cool.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

This theory has recently been proven false. The Noble Prize winning scientist (Peter Mitchell) that discovered chemiosmosis, demonstrated that life could not have started from the primordial soup. Chemiosmosis is not a chemical process. It is a mechanical process requiring the pump that all cells use to manufacture their energy. This is equivalent to the most advanced energy cell technology we possess today. Our own energy cells are copies of this process in a less efficient form. It boils down to irreducible complexity again. We are engineered down to the nano particle level of quantum complexity.

Originally posted by GDR3k
I watched a program a while back about creating that 'spark' of life, and under all the correct conditions, extremes of temperature, pressure etc, that spark somehow happens and the protiens and amino acids started to 'move' and join, this was done in a lab.

Ah ok, just thought I'd share my thoughts anyway, as the program, can't remember the name, was very interesting to say the least.

What do you think 'created' life? If life has an ultimate creator, that creator must have come from somewhere. Maybe the whole universe was made and engineered by something.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
reply to post by Maxmars

Hi maxmars

I was under the impression only 2 threads were allowed covering the same story, mine was the second, this is the third? Is it any wonder I lose my cool.

I apologize then, because I didn't realize this was a third instance of the same story.

Nope.. it's no wonder..... I will rectify this obvious oversight on my part.

MM

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Please continue this discussion at the already existing BAN thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

or in the Science and Technology forum here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently the MSM id frothing at the mouth over this article... it seems to be 'recast' everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join