It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mark duggan did not shoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hi
ipcc confirmed he did not fire on the police
2 shots were fired at mark by the same officer
although mark had a converted replica
no shots from him were fired

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

so does this make it lawful or unlawful killing? did the person shot have the pistol in his hands, in view of the officers, or was it hidden, to be found after he was shot? also he was reported to have been killed by one round only.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm from the UK and the news is that he had a self loading pistol with rounds in the gun, he had the gun on him when he was shot in the chest once which killed him. It was lawful, the police shot him before he could shoot them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sophiehelene

i've been looking through all the msm and none state weather the gun was visible. also, one shot killed him, however a bullet was found in a police radio which was proven to be a police round, therefore confirming the 2 rounds fired by the police officer.
If you have a gun on you, then expect to be shot. His family can say what they want about him being a loving father and not a bad man, at the end of the day he had a loaded, illegal firearm on him. All these other idiots are just jumping on the excuse that another black man has been shot by a trident response unit. This does not excuse their idiotic behaviour.
I'm also wandering why the Duggan family and friends protested in the first place? surely they knew what the situation had been with regards to their son being shot? He had a gun on him, operation trident officers also have very good tip offs concerning armed black people, so did not take any chances when they stopped the taxi. however there is a routine to follow and we need to know for sure if the handgun had actually been visible or seen to be about to be drawn before the officer shot him.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

Exactly,what else did he expect to happen having a weapon on him like that? I've heard he was supposedly a drugs dealer, not sure if it's true or not. The family are behaving as though Duggan was completely innocent, if so why on Earth is he walking around London with an armed weapon on him?
edit on 9-8-2011 by sophiehelene because: Missed something out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There is a lot of rhetoric regarding the fact that he didn't fire a shot and the bullet found in the Police radio was Police issue. However, all this information is coming out in dribs and drabs.

I believe that we should wait for the FULL IPCC findings, but they need to speed up the process. Otherwise this could be deemed a cover up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
if you listen carefully
the police have not said the gun was on him
they stated
a gun was recoverd from the scene

top topics

join