It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin: Today's the day!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well today is the day for the recall elections of six Republican state senators in the recall campaign.

The "canary in the mine" will be the contest between Republican Alberta Darling and Democratic challenger Sandy Pasch. If this goes against the Republican it appears as though they will be having a bad day.

Other races that will be decided on Aug. 9 include the District 2 race between former Brown County Executive Nancy Nusbaum (D) and Sen. Robert Cowles (R); the District 10 race between teacher Shelly Moore (D) and Sen. Sheila Harsdorf (R); the 14th state District race between Fred Clark (D) and Sen. Luther Olsen (R); the District 18 race between Oshkosh City Council member Jessica King (D) and Sen. Randy Hopper (R); and the District 32 race between State Assembly member Jennifer Shilling (D) and Sen. Dan Kapanke (R).

Wisconsin Recall Election Candidates Battle In August 9, August 16 Races

So, any guesses or thoughts? Think this could be a national indicator, or restricted to Wisconsin?

Should be interesting regardless.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Hessling because: Add link

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I believe this recall election will definitely be an indicator of things to come and in my opinion, it doesn't look good for the republican party. I'll just bet that those republicans who have been attempting to destroy the rights of working people in Wisconsin are fixing to get their butts ousted by those very working class people they pretend to represent.

I for one, will be watching the election returns closely and I'm fully expecting an overwhelming win by the democrats. Look out Tea Party!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I'm curious. I imagine this will be a microcosim of a referendum to 2012. At least the pundits on either side will see it that way.

With unions involved, though, may I call voter fraud now?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I watched Ed Schultz last night at the rally and WOW! Wisconsin is heating up big time. This is a wonderful chance for Progressives everywhere to start rolling back the authoritarian anti-middle class establishment that has infiltrated most of our state governments.
Ed was on fire and made one of the great speeches of our time. It was truly refreshing to see middle class Americans waking up and taking action together to preserve our Republic and way of life.
I applaud you Wisconsin.
Thank You Madison!
Best of luck at the polls

OP - you need to link your source.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, if they go with the koch brothers issued information, the day is the 11th and to mail your vote to a family clinic verses a polling station. heh

Anyhow, ya, nonsense is up for the slimy wisconson gubment...as far as what it means on the bigger scale, hard to say really, Wisconson is dealing with a unique set of circumstances....as much as I would like for it to be a national movement to hammer criminal corporatists, chances are, it is just a wisconson thing for now

However, the effect may get people interested...you don't see recall elections very often, and people start feeling empowered when they see successful ones.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If I had to make a prediction of the results it would easily be that all incumbents, regardless of party affiliation, will receive no more than 5% drop from their previous election results. This means if a Republican won 52% last election then he/she could lose or could stay, it all depends on who has the energy tonight, which we expect the Democrats to have because of the unions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I watched Ed Schultz last night at the rally and WOW! Wisconsin is heating up big time. This is a wonderful chance for Progressives everywhere to start rolling back the authoritarian anti-middle class establishment that has infiltrated most of our state governments.
Ed was on fire and made one of the great speeches of our time. It was truly refreshing to see middle class Americans waking up and taking action together to preserve our Republic and way of life.
I applaud you Wisconsin.
Thank You Madison!
Best of luck at the polls

Ya, he is fighting hard for them (and ratings, lets not be delusional)...
I just can't stand that guy though...not sure why, something about him gets on my nerves. Could be his general tone overall. I don't like how they took keith olbermann, a hard headed highly educated man, and replaced him with a hard headed sort of average man that makes up for his lack of articulation by just being louder and more venomous...but meh...just knit picking..he rallys the working man well enough...so serves his purpose.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I for one believe that most of these republicans will be re-elected. Unions are for people who can't do better on their own, they hold companies hostage. why is it that Unions once fought for the right to exist (which I agree with) and when they came into power they force the entire workforce to join even if they don't want to. I believe every state should have right to unionize laws in addition to right to work laws. Nobody should be forced to join a union as a condition of employment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh yes, the pundits are going to be falling all over themselves I'm sure. They'll analyze everything right down to how Mountain Dew drinkers fared. It'll be fun seeing how differing experts analyze the same data and come to very different interpretations.

Regardless, there is anger out there in the heartland. How it will all come out in the finale? We'll just have to see.

If the machines are Diebold's can I call voter fraud?

(Sorry, beez...couldn't resist.)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yes Ed Shulz, that man known for being eloquent, likes to give speeches. How many people did he call a "slut" this time?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
If I had to make a prediction of the results it would easily be that all incumbents, regardless of party affiliation, will receive no more than 5% drop from their previous election results. This means if a Republican won 52% last election then he/she could lose or could stay, it all depends on who has the energy tonight, which we expect the Democrats to have because of the unions.

Actually, there were already 3 democrats that went through a recall process also a little bit back in Win...they all did fine, and it was in some of the more red districts, but then again, the dem recall was a corporate sponsored move to get them on the ballot to check the peoples choice...sort of like, sure, send forward 6 repubs and the machine will send forth some dems also to annoy people...

Again, they did fine, This is a republican thing...and not because they are just republicans...but because they did two things
1) they did something illegal
2) the illegal thing hurt the middle class...

It was done arrogantly, it was done openly, and it was done by them dismissing their own district...Wisconson is going to go deep blue for awhile after Perry's nonsense, much to the chagrin of the party...Perry is radioactive now

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That's pretty glib. Now care to explain yourself?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I actually like Ol’ Ed, he reminds me of what Democrats claim to be. When you see the Harvard/Yale types with their elitist attitudes talking about the problems of the working class I just laugh, all they are saying that for is politics. Ed on the other hand has shown that he is of the labor background and can represent the views of the Democratic working class. You put Keith Olbermann next to Ed Schultz in a blue collar protest, who do you think can convey their feelings better?

And yes I do support labor, Americans organizing to bargain with their employers, what is wrong with that? All these labor issues have done is pinning the private working class against the public working class. How does that help anyone in the working class? The simple answer is it does not. I do not believe in class warfare or redistribution of wealth, but I definitely believe in giving the little guy the same opportunity to speak at the bargaining table.

If Democrats want to win they need to act like Harry Truman.

But yes I agree this recall election will be a good indicator of 2012. I suspect the 2012 elections will be yet another wave election, the party in power will be thrown out overwhelmingly. Republicans better find some way to stop that from happening if they want to hold their House majority.

2011 Gubernatorial Elections Watch
edit on 8/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Union thugs will be out in full force.

Be careful Wisconsin voters. Don't ruin a good thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah, at least Schultz stands up for the working poor and elderly...something most of the other pundits never do....his "talk slut" comment was also stupid and he should have known better.

Can't wait to see what happens with the recalls tho. If it has anything to do with the last few elections that have taken place the last year, including the one in Penn. and California....then I think we may see where things are heading.

This also could spell huge trouble for Paul Ryan. I've heard 31 million had been dumped into Republican campaigns just for these recall elections....blowing the previous statewide election money in 2010 out of the water.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Sure. It's called being a smart-a$$ scooter.
Lighten up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You have something against people?!? What do you want unfettered corporate rule? You want to go back to pre-1930's working conditions?

Unions....the United States is a union, average people united...that's a union. People separate have no power at all. Unite them and then we have power.

You think corporations are going to treat you right when we have lost the last of our unification? They are already telling there employees do this or I will find one of the thousands lining up for your job. Wake up and stop being treasonous to the average man/woman.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

You have something against people?!? What do you want unfettered corporate rule? You want to go back to pre-1930's working conditions?

Unions....the United States is a union, average people united...that's a union. People separate have no power at all. Unite them and then we have power.

You think corporations are going to treat you right when we have lost the last of our unification? They are already telling there employees do this or I will find one of the thousands lining up for your job. Wake up and stop being treasonous to the average man/woman.

Union leaders are corrupt cheats who could care less about the common worker.
Yes, I went there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Sure. It's called being a smart-a$$ scooter.
Lighten up.

Looked more like an accusation. Excuse me for denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You're right. Unions are sweet little unicorn burps that fly through the air and aren't corrupt.
My bad.
I'm going to watch pro-wrestling now because that's unicorn burps as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join