It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judaism Tuesday With Johnathan! Suffering Servant of the L-rd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Alright everybody! Are we ready to learn about Judaism? I said! Are we ready to learn about Judaism and the love of HaShem? YES!!! haha.
Today is a great day for myself. No school, no baby sitting, or anything else. Today I can listen to Soul music and study my faith. This is not only for Jews or people interested in Judaism. Non-Jews and even Atheist could read and hopefully be inspire by my terrible witting.

Life has it's ups and downs for myself and many others. This is my testimony on being a Jew, a son, a twin, a brother (in-law), a uncle, a cousin, a brother in law, a student, an inspiring solider, a rebel to G-d, a believer of G-d, a Mason, and a good friend.

As you can see I have my ups and downs like others. My family is happy with the money we have but I wish we can all get together more. School is tough but I make it work. Of course I'm a believer but also a rebel against G-d. Many times I wonder why I believe in G-d. I'm defense of my faith but do not represent it like I should. I have talked trashed to others on this site already for seeing my faith differently. No, I'm not an jerk in real life but I'm prideful. Thinking about this I can see the Jewish people (Israel) are the Suffering Servant of the L-rd. No, this is not knocking Jesus or Christians. Just my observations of myself and other Jews in the current world.
In the verse

Isaiah 41:8: But thou, Israel, art My (G-d) servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham My (G-d) friend.
Reading this verse shows how Jews will be challenged as their faith to HaShem. Also Abraham and Moses having covenants with G-d to keep His commandments. Which being human like everyone else
hasn't always been easy.

Deuteronomy 30:10-11: If thou shalt hearken to the voice of the L-rd your G-d, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law; if you turn unto the L-rd thy G-d with all your heart and all your soul. For this commandment which I command you this day is not too hard neither is it to far off.

This shows that it is not very difficult to follow G-d and keep his laws. While I understand many people are influenced by our current culture of entertainment. You can have the world at your feet and do anything you want.
Which will cause you to lose your interest in your own faith. Also, the first verse mentions G-d forgiving you over a heartfelt repentance. After my weird dream last afternoon. I recall praying to HaShem for avoiding the Tornado in my dream mowing down everything in it's path. Which I was happy in my dream G-d saved me. Yes, I know it's a dream but it hit me into becoming a better person and better follower of G-d. Of course it won't be easy. My goal is to become a better person at my own pace. That I can do best!!

edit on 9-8-2011 by ManOfGod267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I wish you success.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think sincerity is a key. I'm not Jewish, but I study faith and always strive to gleen the truth embedded there. So, when I come across threads like yours, I always read.
Just this morning I was reading about the Hidden Light and the author stressed the importance of the Torah being alive--how one must, "...study it, toil in it, live by it, yearn to be close to HaShem." What I took away was that those who sincerely try to follow the path and move themselves in the direction of HaShem, they get a glimpse of the hidden light. Is this light contained in the secrets of the Torah? I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Thanks for sharing.
We must first comprehend the darkness within ourselves, then the light will be near.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have been studying the jewish roots of my faith.I now
call Jesus by His hebrew name,Yeshua Ha'Mashiach.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I see. How long have you been studying? What do you think of the differences between Judaism and the Christian faith?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I have been studying the jewish roots of my faith for over a year.
I am learning words and songs in hebrew.I can't answer your question
about the differences in the two faiths',I'm not qualified to answer it.
I do know that many "christian" churches believe the church replaced
the jews in salvation.I don't believe the church replaced the jews.

I love this video about the Lord and I hope you will like it as well.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have a moderate income, but is more than satisfied with it.

Consequently I'm not at odds with myself or life in that respect (or any other for that sake), so I don't need any cherry-picking system of elaborate religion to make it possible for me to live with myself.....or life.

And should challenges/problems arise, there are more functional ways to overcome them than referring them to mythological speculations.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Well, I just believe in G-d. I have no need for a "King of Kings". But I respect your views even though I disagree with them.

new topics

top topics

join