It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Earth May Have Arrived Via An Asteroid Says NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Scientists at NASA have uncovered new evidence that DNA components found in meteorites can originate in space, lending new credence to the theory that life on Earth may have arisen from a pre-existing "kit" of materials delivered via asteroid. The discovery is outlined in a new paper from Dr. Michael Callahan, whose team of researchers closely analyzed samples from 12 different meteorites, using a mass spectrometer and liquid chromatagraph. In their samples, they found traces of adenine, guanine, and a variety of molecules known as nucleobase analogs -- including three that are rarely found on Earth. Scientists have long known that meteorites can contain DNA elements, but were unsure whether these materials actually originate in space. The presence of these three molecules, however, suggest that they do, potentially raising new questions about the dawn of life on Earth, and beyond.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa215effd786.jpg[/atsimg]

You Tube Nasa Release

edit on 9-8-2011 by bsalert because: trying to sort vid

edit on 9-8-2011 by bsalert because: trying to adde image

edit on 9-8-2011 by bsalert because: added image

edit on 9-8-2011 by bsalert because: trying to embed video help!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm here because my creator made me, I dont care what NASA has to say when it comes to the origin of life, my dna is complex, my fingerprint is like no other, and I have all the elements of the universe within me.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
I'm here because my creator made me, I dont care what NASA has to say, my dna is complex, my fingerprint is like no other, and I have all the elements in the universe within me.

Im here for the Budlight.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

budlight? drink budweiser you'll get more wasted but to stay on topic, I think this view supports the scientology's belief system which im not down with,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
im open minded and believe in religion, im not going to shut out the idea that maybe our dna did come from an asteroid, if that is truely the case then that would mean that wherever the asteroid came from their would have to be life, asteroids belong to god also.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

ASTEROID = Spaceship

Think about it. It makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

you have a point, I also thought the same but could not find the right words, I star'd and flagged the OP, but I think this has already been posted, not so sure

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
I'm here because my creator made me, I dont care what NASA has to say when it comes to the origin of life, my dna is complex, my fingerprint is like no other, and I have all the elements of the universe within me.

I agree.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is a long held theory in Astrobiology called panspermia , this is another pointer to the undoubted reality that life is widespread throughout the Galaxy .

The story has been posted but not the video
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Plus several more ....search is .....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

I'm here because my creator made me

Seems like im here because my crater made me ..

edit on 9-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

If you Look a little further you'll see i have posted pictures I took last October! Watched for 1 hour as a group of for ufo's came close to my house and 1 landed for an hour!

I have been interviewed only last week by local radio about my sighting - when did you have yours? the week before ufo digest interviewed me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
is this serious!!???
im asking because ive got a meteorite by the side of me that my daughter found metal detecting and im due to take to cardiff museum for confirmation next week!
so i could have some kind of alien by the side of me ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Put the picture up

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

YES!!!! ... Get rid of it now ....before its too late

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

2 nights ago, in southern california

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/365450f1853d.jpg[/atsimg]

cut it open and you can see the black gunmetal inda outer covering
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e6f78c57680.jpg[/atsimg]

no one ive showed knows what it is but i will find out 100% definate if it is a meteorite next week

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Please post the findings, looks interesting, by the way I'm in Swansea!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
OK, but if life may have came to Earth on an asteroid, then where did the life on that asteroid originally came from?

There still needs to be at least one place somewhere that life spontaneously began.

edit on 8/9/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

An alien civilization spreading viruses as nano-robotic terraformers or just nature is some ways the two are indistinct

top topics

<<   2 >>

join