It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Events and science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I hear that a cataclysm event is suppose to happen 2012. Is this what the mayans believe?

All im asking is what is suppose to happen 2012? and what are the beliefs and science? to back it up.

If their is no science evidence than what are the myths.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Dear gossipnancy,

Scientists are claiming that we may see very strong solar flairs which could result in the failure of the electrical grids around the world. Not the end of the world; but, it could be pretty significant. See you in 2013.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The Mayans aren't entirely clear about the nature of the event. Hollywood has been happy to assume with everyone else that it means End Times or the physical end of the world. That isn't what it says, and no one can say for certain what it DOES say or we wouldn't have this drama leading up to the date. I tend more toward the translations that favor a coming transition or transformation to any concept of End Times. Either could be correct.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Scientifically, it's not necessarily a disastrous event. Know one knows for sure what's going to happen on 2012.

The Mayan Calendar is a very accurate stellar calendar. According to the calendar, this is the end of one of the great cycles. So the question is, if this cycle is ending, what is beginning?

Not disaster. Just change.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There are plenty of theories. Mayan prophecy says that Dec. 21st, 2012 is the exact day our orbit will be at the direct center of the galaxy and this is supposed to have drastic physical effects on the Earth. Solar Flares, to name one. I have been researching this topic, and many conclusions arise.
There is also a buzz on the internet on How Dec, 21st. 2012 is supposed to be the day that our planet is going to shift into the 5th dimension. On 12/12/2012 an artificial crystalline grid that surrounds our planet, will be at 100% and humanity will be at full consciousness, and we will ascend into the 4th and 5th dimensions. (right now science is starting to come around to this idea.)( I believe we will evolve and I welcome a higher consciousness with open arms.)
Ancient Dogon texts speak of a polar shift that will take place, also in 2012. The planet goes through polar shift cycles and we are coming to the end of a 13,000 yr. cycle. There is a new web series on youtube called Spirit Science; they discuss this legend in full detail. [ It's on one of the episode 12 ones.] I suggest you watch and come up with your own conclusion, but i warn you, the story is extremely far fetched. In my mind, it does explains more than modern science can...
What ever happens, let's keep our eyes on the light and move forward through this climactic time in human history

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
1. The Mayans stated nothing about the end of the long count. Only modern hoaxers make statements concerning the end of the long count.

2. The solar maximum is predicted to be in 2013, not 2012. A solar maximum is not the same as predicting strong solar flares.

3. Science is not coming around to the idea of a consciousness shift, human evolution, a transition, a switch to a new dimension, or any of these other New Age claims.

4. The Dogon do not predict a pole shift. In fact, pole shifts as described by Hancock have never ever happened.

Here is a typical falsehood. First, there are no Mayan prophecies associated with the end of the long count. Two, our orbit will NOT be at the direct center of the galaxy.

Mayan prophecy says that Dec. 21st, 2012 is the exact day our orbit will be at the direct center of the galaxy and this is supposed to have drastic physical effects on the Earth.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the information. My favorite idea is everyone conscience will open up completely.

new topics

top topics

join