It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Solar Storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Third Solar Storm

beforeitsnews.com

Three large solar explosions from the Sun are threatening to cause chaos on earth, with energy from the release potentially shutting down communications systems and power grids across the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We have yet a THIRD Solar Storm coming this week.

We had two so far , Thursday - Friday. Another one coming this week it seems. I wonder how many more do we have coming to us? Maybe solar flares arnt just science fiction any more , but are becoming more and more real to the public with each impact that hits Earth.

beforeitsnews.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well considering the first two had no impact on people's daily's lives why would you care about this one? Just the sun doing it's thing that doesn't involve us really at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Every announcement I see of new solar flares seems to also come with "massive power outages" and satellite disruption. I have yet to see 1% of these solar flares take out entire power grids like they predict.
From what I know, these ridiculous Earth storms are doing far more damage than any solar flare has.
edit on 8-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As the sun wakes up from the deepest solar minimum in a century, scientists are focusing more on what creates solar storms and how we can predict them. Kathryn Sullivan, Assistant Secretary at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and former astronaut, spoke out this week on the increasing dangers of solar storms. She emphasized that as we reach solar maximum in 2013, we need to be prepared for the “potentially devastating effects” to critical infrastructure.

They are going to become MUCH more frequent from now-2013 at is pinnacle. The site would not permit me to link the article , however it is found at the below link

www.aviationweek.com... gives you much more insight to how much more powerful these are going to become and just how much more frequent
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It only depends is this one just as "weak" or stronger, one of the sunspots doubled in its size that caused the last Solar flare Sunspot 1263. I have no idea what that means but Thanks for the heads up

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's all Obama''s fault

The elite would make a fortune rebuilding the worlds power grids, but would they allow our system to crash for the promise of profit...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Let them be more frequent or stop entirely since it really doesn't impact us at all. Perhaps if a Super-Mega one happens one day something might be affected but until then they don't seem to have any more impact than a regular breeze of wind.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Interesting that Spaceweather hasn't mentioned anything about this. They're usually all over solar activity. Makes me wonder about this announcement.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

We have yet a THIRD Solar Storm coming this week.

We had two so far , Thursday - Friday. Another one coming this week it seems. I wonder how many more do we have coming to us? Maybe solar flares arnt just science fiction any more , but are becoming more and more real to the public with each impact that hits Earth.

beforeitsnews.com

Many more since that is what is normal during solar maximums.. Even though we will have more activity it is nothing compared to previous cycles as this maximum is expected to be weakest in a century or more.
The only reason there are so many threads here today is because we have gone through a extended solar minimum for the last few years

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes its very interesting , im glad i posted this , i am learning several new things about our sun , and currently doing research. However .... im just worried about my Satelite TV ... what will i do if it dies!? I think we should arm nukes.

After a three-year slumber of historic proportions, solar activity is starting to pick up again. The sun has already unleashed two X-class solar flares — the most powerful type — in 2011, including a Feb. 14 blast that was the strongest such eruption in more than four years.

It seems , we have already been hit recently with some of the most powerful Solar Flares and our Satelites are still working.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey check me out. Still posting on the Internet from my cell phone.
Part of me keeps hoping one of these might knock power out for a few days. I need a vacation.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's not to say it's never happened before, nor ever will again. We've all heard of the Solar Storm of 1859, and it's affects on Earth, and that was over 150 years ago. With today's reliance on technology and electronics, it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that a Solar Storm of the same or greater magnitude that was produced in 1859 would have even GREATER affects on us than it did back then, especially since the Earth's shielding is weakened, so they say.

The rest of these.. they aren't fear mongering, they're just predictions.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
my Arabic satellite is showing weak signal and lagging this week

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That would be "kinda nice" to have the power grid go down for a few days. However, if it knocked out the transformers, then I would think it would take months if not years to get the grid back up, because most manufacturing use electricity to make the transformers. Catch-22 there.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have yet to see a solar flare disrupt anything

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I agree, it seems to be mostly fear mongering with solar flares.
In a logical world, there would be warnings daily about the dangers of what's in the food, water, air, and deadly drive-thru perscription medication dispensing, but alas, let's issue warnings over casual solar flares and ignore the real dangers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by Lionhearte

I agree, it seems to be mostly fear mongering with solar flares.
In a logical world, there would be warnings daily about the dangers of what's in the food, water, air, and deadly drive-thru perscription medication dispensing, but alas, let's issue warnings over casual solar flares and ignore the real dangers.

I think we have to wait for the suns magnetic poles to flip. They do that every 11 years.
When they flip THEN we will be more vulnerable to solar flare damage.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We all did see the subliminal msg on the abovetopsecret.com homepage?

While browsing the web not many was interested in this solar storm even this site was bit silent you would expect more doom and gloom and expect a lot of talk about this for it was the most powerful storm in years. Where were all the fights and panic attacks? Was the perfect doomsday! Your favorite solar news website cant post everything possible some of information need to be researched self. By the likes of it I do not think its wise choice to rely on websites to produce news to find out when it is about to hit. It is time to grab our solar scopes and monitor it ourself.

How do anyone know that there wasn't any satellites damaged? Perhaps not reported, satellites was possible exposed have a look at the pressure of the magnetos-pause maybe not communications or the like or they knew about and shut down satellites. I knew the dangers and shut down my satellite...

Why do everyone always worry about power failures and lines being burned if the real danger is in fact the possibility of fire raining down upon us? Sure I can live without electricity perhaps but fire in the sky?

Who gives if all lines are burned if there is TESLA once all been wipe out including some of us? I know my country is high risk for these things our power lines are already fully loaded because people steal electricity and power companies cant improve because the leeches don't pay. Plus we are cold still moving out winter common sense tells more electricity are used at this time geysers working more, heaters and what ever else making the overloaded line overkill. Our lines don't even need n powerful EMP or CME they already burning.

EQ caused by solar flares yes its true but not working the way you want it to be. The meter first need to filled before you get your EQ so wait till next time its still building up before the Atlantic EQ tearing open the Atlantic from

Remember remember the 5th of November.
Mr. Guy Fawkes
Why? I do not know but remember... Perhaps something to do with fire? a tail, CME? mmm
edit on 8-8-2011 by thestupidguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
my Arabic satellite is showing weak signal and lagging this week

Thats what happens when it is made up of Chinese components

top topics

<<   2 >>

join