It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man, says DA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

On a recent Sunday morning just before dawn, two carloads of white teenagers drove to Jackson, Mississippi, on what the county district attorney says was a mission of hate: to find and hurt a black person.

In a parking lot on the western side of town they found their victim.

James Craig Anderson, a 49-year-old auto plant worker, was standing in a parking lot, near his car. The teens allegedly beat Anderson repeatedly, yelled racial epithets, including "White Power!" according to witnesses.

www.cnn.com...
Very surprised this still happens in 2011. What gets me more, is how so many of the bystanders can stand by and watch without calling for help, or even telling the guys to stop. The guy even laughs about it, with no remorse from the article.

"I ran that 'n-word' over," Dedmon allegedly said in a phone conversation to the teens in the other car.

He repeated the racial language in subsequent conversations, according to the law enforcement officials.

"He was not remorseful he was laughing, laughing about the killing," said district attorney Smith.

It was also just reported on the news, that the guy is out on bond.
edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
These boys ought to be strung up on the square! There is absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior.

That being said, how come only white racism is exposed by the MSM while other minorities can execute hate-crimes with impunity and nary a report except for local news? What's with the double standard?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think we will see more of this. It is in retaliation for all the blacks beating on whites recently.
Yeah, let's all start a racial war kill eachother because that will make things better.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Very surprised this still happens in 2011.

really?

but i agree with you.
racism has no place in our future society.

retaliation or not.
we should know by now, violence isn't the answer

edit on 8-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sometimes I think kids in 2011 are worse than kids from back in the day! Entitled little brats....most of them.
Probably the offspring of racists.....mixed with the entitlement, lack of discipline and empathy of today's youth.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Really, this is ignorance at its worst. People need to understand that in order to move on to a brighter future we need to get over ourselves. There is only one race and that is the human race.This whole racism crap is so yester-year, and over played. In all reality it was a group of idiots who picked an unfortunate victim. I hope they get whats coming to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
While you have to feel sorry for the man killed, it will be interesting if the Al and Jessie show speak out about it. Racism is wrong, but also a part of life, and I'll be interested to see if they pick up on this and remain silent about the numerous black on white attacks occuring lately.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The time shall come when Earth hatred will VOID. When 1 brother looks to another brother of different RACE and says WE must WORK to MAKE it BETTER (TOGETHER) or ELSE WE WONT make it at all. Sapiens sapiens hatred

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Retaliation in Mississippi for what happened in Wisconsin... yeah that makes tons of sense.
I personally believe that not only should those kids be strung up by the neck until dead, but all the bystanders should be flogged for thier total lack of humanity as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Racism is still alive in Mississippi and in America. The hate these kids had for blacks must have been carried on down by racism in his family. To take a life based on the color of someone's skin without any kind of remorse is pure evil. To run him over like he was trash is bottomless deep seeded hate. Actions like this make me ashamed to be part of the human race.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Racism in any form is disgusting. Period. Hate is taught, it is not an inherent emotion. Don't forget to lay a fair share of the blame in the laps of the parents. That is where the problems with today's kids start. In the home. When mommy and daddy are 15 and 16, well, what do you expect?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

correct me if I'm wrong but you are not only justifying your racism you are bragging about it? my, your parents must be proud ...........

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

post removed by staff

Your parents obviously did not instill a since of true humanity in you. That is why I blame the parents. An unspoken word can do more damage than heavy weaponry.
edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And how should OTHERS view sapiens sapiens for their total world activities??????????????

edit on 8/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

For as many blacks causing problems for their community there are white people who cause problems for theirs!
There are always 2 sides to every group of individuals... I have known some very classy, smart, upstanding African American citizens, as well as some ghetto trouble makers. I have also known classy, smart and upstanding Caucasians, as well as some redneck, drug dealing, ghetto trouble makers.
I think you just truly see yourself above others in a very condescending way. Look all around, white, black, brown...they are all screwing up in their own way!
edit on 8-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is a messed up situation. It is sad the way people treat other people in todays world.
Sense there were 14 posts to this thread with quotes and not one source(T&C) I will post one.
www.cnn.com...
I do not know if this was the OPs source but this one has all the information as well as a video of the attack and run over. WARNING it is graphic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I keep seeing many posters comparing this incident to the Wisconsin fare incident, by saying they are equivalent in racism. These two incidents may involve racism but there is one big difference: the black people came with the intent to scare where as the white people came with the intent to murder. For someone to murder someone based on their race takes pure hatred as seen in this case. These white teens were going around to kill a random black person, where as the black teens were going around to intimidate the white fair attendants. Two big differences! Whenever black people do something like this, they are trying to send a message where as white people are trying to send a message and kill resulting a message of murder towards black people. The white terrified state fare goers ended up with some bruises and a freight, where as the black man in this story ended up dead. I guess getting some bruises and being murdered equate to the same thing in today's world based on the ats users saying these two stories equate to the same thing. The white state fare goers whom were beat up can go home to their respective family and comfort them about the experience, where as the black man murdered can never consul his children about why daddy was viciously murdered by a gang of white people. I am not saying any racism is good but what is the root of this prejudice, and the scale of this prejudice. How is one group directing their racism vs another group because you have to truly be devoid of any humanity to actually take another persons life without a probable cause. The saddest part of this story is that these murderers got a slap on the wrist by authorities, while the victims family has to grow up knowing society supports the killing of you and everyone like you therefor perpetuating a viscous cycle. The black man is dead getting buried where as the Wisconsin state fare goers are home now with their family. This dehumanization and violence has to be addressed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join