It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Should be getting Un-Employment Soon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well. My money problems for a while might be OVER if I get unemployment money. I have a phone interview on Tuesday, and have to mail out my form tomorrow. It said to mail it on the 7th, which is today, and mail doesn't run on Sunday, so hopefully me sending it tomorrow is still allowed and won't disqualify me. I'm wondering, can I fail my interview?

If I get these benefits it's 119 a week, and I want to save that up (WHEN) I get it, so I can move back to Oregon.

Let's hope I get the benefits!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
yeah if you say you willfully left your job or refused to work or were fired they'll refuse your claim...really your phone interview just gets your side of the story then they check with employer for their side of why you no longer work there and bam you get paid if they say the same as you..Oh and you have to be actively seeking employment
edit on 7-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
yeah if you say you willfully left your job or refused to work or were fired they'll refuse your claim...really your phone interview just gets your side of the story then they check with employer for their side of why you no longer work there and bam you get paid if they say the same as you..Oh and you have to be actively seeking employment
edit on 7-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

Hmm, so if I tell them I quit because I was focused on finishing a college semester, and yeah I didn't tell anybody I was quitting (after all, I had projects going on like crazy) then I'm already dq'ed?. and I have been actively seeking work.

Applied at NikeTown here in the BayArea today (thinking hey, what better way to end up back in oregon)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So with all the people out of work and families falling apart because they can't find work, you willingly quit your job so you could finish school and do other projects?

You know, there are a lot of people who go to school AND work. And now you want a free ride with unemployment?

You really chap my hide and I probably won't be the only one on here.

I don't understand. You quit your job but your actively seeking work? Why not just keep the job you had?

edit on 7-8-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
So with all the people out of work and families falling apart because they can't find work, you willingly quit your job so you could finish school and do other projects?

You know, there are a lot of people who go to school AND work. And now you want a free ride with unemployment?

You really chap my hide and I probably won't be the only one on here.

I don't understand. You quit your job but your actively seeking work? Why not just keep the job you had?

edit on 7-8-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

Yeah because now I'm living out of my car. So about the families falling apart? Yeah, I'm livin' through that!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Dude, no no no...

I hope that is worth the risk. I'm sure you're aware that there are rumors of thousands out of work amidst the financial crises.

Well, never-mind, the decision has been made. Move forward, get back to work if necessary.
But whatever you do, put your mind to it and never doubt yourself.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

PTP, just a quick note to give you a heads up on how insane this is. I had to quit my job last November and I had absolutely no choice in the matter. See, as a trucker, uncontrolled diabetes is a serious career ender. Mine was uncontrolled after 2 months of trying with pills..and so I had to take myself out of it or willfully violate federal law and risk people's lives.

Any and All benefits denied. I quit. Doesn't matter why..and the fact I would have gotten everything and then some if someone had been hurt due to my medical issue and that got me fired was just lost on everyone.

So...quitting is something I learned is a very bad thing even if there aren't any choices left and it's the only right thing to do. Uncle Sammy disagrees.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Beware of the unemployment check...It's a trap.

I was wrongly fired from a job in '09, and got unemployment, after going through a big fight and numerous hearings with my former company.

What happened was I was getting job offers, but they were for LESS money than my unemployment check, so I turned them down because it didn't make sense.

Like I said,

edit on 7-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Never mind

edit on 7/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join