It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first three mystic marks of the Tripura Tapini Upanishad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just for the fun of it, here's the first three mystic marks (mudras) of the Tripura Tapini Upanishad with pictures.

First Mudra:

He who knows the mystic mark of the triangle attracts all; he knows all; enjoys all fruits; he breaks up all and immobilizes the foe. Keeping the middle fingers over the ring fingers, he (brings together) the little fingers and the thumbs, the forefingers being left free like rods pointing downward. Thus is the first mark made (the triangle).

The ninth master-wheel is replete with all delight and is associated with the triad such as Kameshwari. It is exceedingly mysterious, occupied by the great Tripura, the beautiful, and has the mystic mark of the triangle.

Second Mudra:

The same with the middle fingers joined is the second (the seed).

The eighth wheel grants all perfections; is characterized by four weapons, and the mysteries, higher and lower. It is occupied by the mother, Tripura, and has the mystic mark of the seed.

Third Mudra:

The third has the shape of the goad.

The seventh wheel cures all diseases; has eight forces such as the force to subdue; has its mysteries; and bears the mystic mark of the khechari.

Namaste.

edit on 7-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: Kameshvari=Kameshwari

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting. I shall have to learn more. Thanks fort the share.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
THANK YOU for posting. SERIOUSLY. i needed this, was looking for a while omg omg, k continueing to read

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So what are those supposed to do/mean? I don't quite get it.
I ask because as a kid I remember playing with my hands and making one of those signs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

what does it do ? has it any effect ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here is what I found about Mudras.

Looks like personal testimony on its use, in Yoga (Buddhism).
Wiki, very short.
Link to photo gallery from Wiki.

Could it be the thought processes involved in the making of those gestures become a trigger for a chain of events in the brain? Interesting, as I didn't know the existence of Mudras until now. Like another poster said, I seem to recall having made some of those gestures naturally.
Could they be a form of memory of fundamental archetypes? Tho this question doesn't seem to be quite formed in the manner I perceive it to be...

Thanks for teaching me something new!

edit on 7-8-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

reply to post by icepack

In order to correctly understand what's written concerning each mudras, they must be performed. The third one is somewhat self-explanatory.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
From the Pranagnihotra Upanishad:

The offering to Prana is made with the little finger and the thumb. With the ring finger and the thumb is made the offering to Apana. With the middle finger and the thumb is made that to Vyana, with all fingers is the offering made to Udana and with the forefinger and the thumb is made the offering to Samana.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The 108 Upanishads (in English)

The 108 Upanishads (a more exhaustive French version)

edit on 7-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Each activates a different meditation focus-point, the state of mind and being that occurs corresponds to subtle electro-magnetic resonances - specific resonances being "key".

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If someone, someday, decides to try the third one, I would be interested to know if it's working with you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Here's a slight variation of the mystic mark of the triangle to obtain results Much more rapidly:

Comfortably lay down straight on your back (or belly) with each hands near the thighs, perform the mystic mark of the triange with the palms directed upward and join the two big toes together.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Here's a slight variation of the mystic mark of the triangle to obtain results Much more rapidly:

Comfortably lay down straight on your back (or belly) with each hands near the thighs, perform the mystic mark of the triange with the palms directed upward and join the two big toes together.

And if you're female, take pics or it didn't happen!

And sew it begins . . .

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Toads aren't supposed to be obsessed

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Toads aren't supposed to be obsessed

That's what make me sooooo special!