It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another new surprise from Elenin - Hydrogen Cyanide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Ha, that was a cool link you provided, never seen it before. Im gonna have to bookmark it for future use

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Let me stop you at your second paragraph. Comet elenin is only about 4 km wide. Not bigger than Jupiter. Dont you think you would be able to see that just standing outside on any given night? Lets keep to the facts that are 'really" known about this comet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hypothetically, if a CME were to blow it's tail or coma off (like comet ENCKE), throwing 3 meteors to the earth like happened in 2007, would there be enough cyanide to affect the area where it landed? That is my only question.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

no.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Its very well possible that the "Comet" so called to speak, does contain Hydrogen Cyanide. The universe, as well as earth all contain these elements and its very well possible some could land in the right place and cause a chemical reaction to occur producing this. Its simple chemistry =) so to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Not only does it sound like fiction, it also sounds like more fear-mongering. The populace that is staring at the big rock out in space can't see the sledge hammer slamming down on their collective balls if u catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

reply to post by karen61057

I to was going to point out this discrepency in his post that purported not to "embellish" any of the known facts... With regards to his post:

Fact: Coment Elenin is reported to be 3-5 km in diameter.

www.nasa.gov...

Fiction: Comet Elenin is a brown dwarf theorized to be 1/6 the size of the sun and invisible to the naked eye.

en.wikipedia.org...

-saige-
edit on 8-8-2011 by saige45 because: correction

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by drifter1109
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I know I am not sopposed to just say "me too" but, I would like to know how you did that too. I am not real spiffy of the ins and outs of what you can do with computers and that was really neat.

To stay on topic, I think cyanide forming in comets is quite common. It's due to what it's made of.

With regards to the google thing:

1) go to lmgtfy.com...

2) type in what you want to search for and hit search

3) then copy the URL it creates in the bottom box.

4) paste/send that to whoever failed to do their research

It works with all the normal search paramaters in google such as:

define:
inurl:
type:

you can also add in -elenin or -dogs if you want to take stuff out of the search. I love using this tool when people email me askking how to do simple stuff

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You would be correct. Each element produces it's own natural frequency of light reflection. Known light source, equals known element reflection. :-) They can just see the light coming off an object, plug it into the database, and walla, we know what it is.!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLOCKE
Its very well possible that the "Comet" so called to speak, does contain Hydrogen Cyanide. The universe, as well as earth all contain these elements and its very well possible some could land in the right place and cause a chemical reaction to occur producing this. Its simple chemistry =) so to say.

www.thekolbrin.com...

its breath was foul and stenchful, poisoning the nostrils of men.

At the time of the great destruction of Earth, God caused a dragon from out of Heaven
to come and encompass her about. The dragon was frightful to behold, it lashed its tail,
it breathed out fire and hot coals, and a great catastrophe was inflicted upon mankind.
The body of the dragon was wreathed in a cold bright light and beneath, on the belly,
was a ruddy hued glow, while behind it trailed a flowing tail of smoke. It spewed out
cinders and hot stones and its breath was foul and stenchful, poisoning the nostrils of
men. Its passage caused great thunderings and lightnings to rend the thick darkened
sky, all Heaven and Earth being made hot. The seas were loosened from their cradles
and rose up, pouring across the land. There was an awful, shrilling trumpeting which
outpowered even the howling of the unleashed winds.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by afp928

Nice, I'd like to add:

"Then came the day when all things became still and apprehensive, for God caused a sign to appear in the Heavens, so that men should know the Earth would be afflicted, and the sign was a strange star"

"The star grew and waxed to a great brightness and was awesome to behold. It put forth horns and sang, being unlike any other ever seen. So men , seeing it, said among themselves, 'Surely, this is God appearing in the Heavens above us'. The star was not God, though it was directed by His design, but the people had not the wisdom to understand'." "Then God manifested Himself in the Heavens. His voice was as the roll of thunders and He was clothed with smoke and fire. He carried lightings in His hand and His breath, falling upon the Earth, brought forth brimstone and embers. His eye was a black void and His mouth an abyss containing the winds of Destruction. He encircled the whole of the Heavens, bearing upon His back a black robe adorned with stars"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by afp928

The Kolbrin is a work of fiction. The only "university" that supports it existence is one owned by the book's writer. Furthermore, the few verifiable claims it does make have all been proven false, such as how, when, and where it was found.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Perhaps this is what he thinks will "take our breath away.":

This Is A Genuine Prediction And I Guarantee The Biggest Show On Earth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Juran
started on 7/14/2011 @ 07:49 AM

About 15 seconds after inhalation of a high concentration of cyanide vapor concentration there is a transient hyperpnea followed in 15-30 seconds by the onset of convulsions. Respiratory activity stops two to three minutes later, and cardiac activity ceases several minutes later still, or at about six to eight minutes after exposure.www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

In 1910 Halley's Comet passed through the orbit of the Earth. I mean actually passed through it, not like Elenin which is going to pass millions of kilometers over Earth's orbit. It too contained cyanogen gas in its tail. When people learned this they freaked out thinking it was going to kill everyone. Earth then passed through Halley's tail and nothing happened. The End.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

In 2010 Comet Hartley 2:

shocked the science team by producing a massive surge of CN, the cyanogen radical commonly known as "cyanide." Cyanide itself wasn't the surprise; CN is a common ingredient of comet cores. Rather, it was the size and purity of the outburst that has researchers puzzled.
"The abundance of CN in the comet's atmosphere jumped by a factor of five over an eight day period in September—that's huge," says A'Hearn.
Cometary Poison Gas Geyser Heralds Surprises
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So there. And there are theories floating around concerning the dinosaur extinction by cyanide from comets.
edit on 9/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: mis-post

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

So there what? I never said comet's didn't contain cyanogen gas. What I said is that passing through a comet's tail that contained cyanogen gas would not have an effect on Earth. Maybe if it impacted Earth, but I'm thinking most of the gas would be burned up on entry.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

It must have been special dinosaur cyanide that targeted large dinosaurs and not mammals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join