It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting dollar...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A friend of mine whom I work with showed me something that was quite interesting. It all started out when a customer gave us four $2 in a transaction. I have always wanted a $2 bill and so did she so we swapped them out with two regular dollar bills and took one each. She then told me that it would go right along with her President Obama dollar. I laughed thinking it was a novelty dollar specially made with Obama on it, but no I was shocked to find out that it was indeed a regular dollar bill with a stamp on it that said: Property of Barack Hussein Obama. When I saw it I thought it must be some sort of joke or political statement and to this day I am not entirely sure about it. I saw it a few weeks ago and had kind of forgotten about it until she pulled it out again today and this time I took a picture of it and had to share it with the ATS audience. Now I'm not saying that it was at one point an actual personal dollar from President Obama but I do think its an interesting find and wanna get some of your takes on it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

I think it's someone having a joke, putting that stamp on there and letting it circulate as a political statement, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Someone making a joke and a statement at the same time.

Good idea.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yeah I figured it was a political statement of some sort lol. Still very interesting :-D

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It looks kinda like a bank stamp to me. Of course, anyone could have one made and stamp away for fun. Not much smoke here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

Looks to me like someone did this as a joke. I'm not sure what they're trying to say, but I guess they thought they were being clever.... if you ask me, it's a fail.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is as bogus as the fiat bill it is stamped on.
edit on 7-8-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join