It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About to go and drive somewhere really dark out of the city, just to lay on the hood of my car and

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
look at the stars!

I've been stressed lately, and maybe this will help clear my mind a bit. Has anyone ever done this before?
edit on 8/6/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Fresh air is always good for the spirit, when you are there just enjoy all of your senses and let your mind be free, and stay safe

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yep...

I have done that before..

It works too..

Just stair up at the sky and clear your mind..

enjoy yourself..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Add a grape swisha to your mix, and you have yourself one of the most relaxing nights ever,

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I go out and look at the stars nearly every night.I find it very relaxing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I did an hour ago cycling home from work at 3am! They turn the streetlights off at one in my town so I could see the Milky Way and literally thousands of stars!

Was beautiful

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was just outside on my balcony and even though there is a lot of light here the stars are visible. Things haven't gone well for me for years now, lots of things changed which I used to hold dear and value turned out not so valuable. As I was looking at society thinking about how we should have lived and how the world could have looked like, I looked up and realized humanity can change the material and even spiritual landscape and even my view on it but no one can change the stars above. Someone looking at the sky thousands of years ago might have seen a different layout of the stars but it would still be the same experience as it is now.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i also do this to get away from everything and think while i look up. i have to admit i get scared sometimes, it makes me feel strange to be confronted with our place in the universe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Havent done it in forever! Im in the city, but maby ill pull the caprice into the backyard, sit on the hood and drink a beer

I remember when I was a kid, we were allowed to play outside after dark during the summer, wed climb up on the roof and star gaze

link   
I live in the country. I just have to lay down in the yard and enjoy the wonders of the sky, ponder the universe......and think about all those tomatoes I need to begin canning tomorrow.

I was born in a tiny coal mining town in Pennsylvania. I ended up spending 7 years living in cities. Hated it!!!

But during those 7 years I often did what you want to do. Get out of the city, find a quiet and secluded spot and just lay on the hood of my car and enjoy the night sky! It's good for the soul.

Don't just do it in the warm seasons, either. There's something special about wrapping yourself in a sleeping bag and lying in the snow and watching the skies, and eventually falling asleep. Hell, I still do that.

link   
If you listen carefully enough, you can hear the stars singing.
Go relax and clear your mind and soul.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That is a good idea.

I live in the country and can see the sky well.

Sometimes my neck gets a crink in it from looking up.

My stress melts away to a feeling of unity and peace.

Peace and love to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So i did it.

I live in Fort Worth and drove all the way up to the Oklahoma - Texas border...I ended up going a little into Oklahoma and just stopped on this side road, which was pretty dark. That's the darkest night sky I've ever seen. The amount of stars was just amazing.

I could even see the Milky Way band stretch across the sky, and that's the first time I've ever seen it. It was definitely something that I do not regret doing because it did help me out, it was so beautiful.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Beautiful thought. I used to to this often often with the company of long tightly rolled spliff.

I don't think enough of us take the time to just 'be here now'

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Maybe you should join the GOFUR crowd ( Get Out From Under the Roof). The idea is to spend at least one night a month sleeping out under the stars. I have a secluded and sheltered spot (from the wind) on the coast a few kms from where I live. Usually I nod off for a couple of hours in the early morning but sleeping is the last thing I plan on. The stars,the milkyway, the moon, the comets, the dark, the creatures of the night, sure beats the tele or whatever else. And the finale when the majestic sun rises. Wonderful stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
look at the stars!

I've been stressed lately, and maybe this will help clear my mind a bit. Has anyone ever done this before?

Many times, friend. Still today, too. I have always been a car guy, cars were my first real love, and still are in many ways, even though the touch of a warm female does make me forget my car. The point it clearing of the mind. We all get cluttered up at times, what with all that is going on, the scare tactics put on us by the government, people seemingly losing their minds, and other utter nonsense requires this on occasion. Lay on that warm hood, soft classic rock on the radio, the stars twinkling above......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by muse7
look at the stars!

Many times, friend. Still today, too. I have always been a car guy, cars were my first real love, and still are in many ways, even though the touch of a warm female does make me forget my car. The point it clearing of the mind. We all get cluttered up at times, what with all that is going on, the scare tactics put on us by the government, people seemingly losing their minds, and other utter nonsense requires this on occasion. Lay on that warm hood, soft classic rock on the radio, the stars twinkling above......

I had never done it before, but I had been thinking about for a few weeks now...I'm so glad I did it, it's just so amazing to lay on the hood of your car and just look up at all those stars. It just makes you forget about everything because I just felt in another "zone" if you will...Just me and my 2006 Honda civic and my iPod

I just hope I don't end up doing this every weekend! haha

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
And now my friends are calling me a "hippie" for doing this! I'm 21 so and apparently only hippies did this kinda stuff, but man they don't know what they are missing out on. They can keep their minds busy with Jersey Shore and with the latest celebrity scandal

but just let me drive out there and just and stare at the stars, where we come from

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I love watching the stars, it really makes you feel insignificant. Last night I was out for around 20 mins and saw 3 shooting stars. Definately find it relaxing and theraputic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Went camping a couple weeks ago, the night sky when seen from a mountaintop is hypnotizing. No artificial light messing up your view, you just zone out and clear your head. One of the best feelings in the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join