It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hybrids trump handicapped at liquor store

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I read hybrid and was totally disappointed when I found out it was about cars. . . . . LoL

I think this story would be much more interesting had it been actual hybrids trumping handicapped at a liquor store.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

You've just been Zamini'd.

Don't take it personally, it's just his character.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So what if I'm handicaped AND driving a hybrid? I think I should get prompt curb side service, don't you?. Yeh, State of New Hampshire deliver my booze right to my car window and step on it! And no offense to handicapped people, but what constitutes a handicap? What if I studder? Is that a handicap? I think it is. Can a studderer use the handicap stall in the bathroom? (Larry David) Here's another question for you, should handicapped people even be drinking? I mean it must be pretty,pretty,pretty precarious operating a wheel chair under the influence, don't you think? I mean I was on crutches and I wouldn't even dream of operating crutches under the influence. It's just too dangerous. And I want the government to protect me from danger. I guess? Except when they send me off to war...or do some wacky false flag like say in New York City for example? Or desides it wants to sell guns to narco-terrorist drug cartels in Mexico so they can cross the border and shoot the place up. . Why don't we just outlaw booze all together? Yeh..bring back prohibition and the good ole days of Al Capone and Nucky Johnson. Then the ATF could really get back into alcohol because the firearm part, they're really f$cking it up. Yeh, they suck at the firearm part...Rubie Ridge, Waco and now this mexican drug cartel thing. We should just take the F off ATF and just make em AT. Give the "F" to someone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I had a placard for 6 months after an auto accident. I walked with a cane for most of it (I still have a permanent limp). About 1/3 of the time I'd park in a disabled space, as I was trying to do as much walking as possible to get better. However, about 2/3 of the time I'd need a space, and about 1/2 of that there was either a car parked with no placard, sticker, or plate, or someone had just pulled in, hopped out, and practically pirouetted inside, all the while ignoring my look of hostility at them for obviously being mobile as I was hobbling along with my cane.

Humans have lost almost all of their humanity.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Reply to MasterGemini: OOH! A star for you my freind, excellent point! I think if your a bona fide Hybred, like half human and say half Reptillian from Draconis for example you should trump everybody. Because I can tell from your avatar, I might be talkin about you. Am I right..huh? Ok, maybe not. Forget I even mentioned it. Because to tell you quite frankly, I don't want your cousins beaming me up to their starship in the middle of the night for some experiments. No offense, I love,love,love the reptillians. I even had a pet lizard once. His name was Poncho. But I digress.
Is there a difference between hybrid and hybred? Cause hybrid, I think cars. Hybred...that's half human half Alien. Not to be confused with inbred, of which a lot of people in New Hampshire and European royalty have a lot in common. I with you MasterGemini, Alien/human trumps em all...and if they don't listen, beamed up and anally probed.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

You may be trying to be funny, but you come across as insensitive and crude. If I had to guess, I'd say that you sneakily deride handicapped people as gimps or tards while talking to your buds. The comment about inbreds was especially crude.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In DC the parking space priority layout goes: disabled > hybrid/low emissions > regular

Except at Trader Joe's where John Lennon spectacles usurp all.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Hmm, why cant we see the whole scene of the store in the picture? Probably because the reporter does not want you to see that the wheel chair ramp is to the left of the handicapped parking spot. Handicapped parking spots are not placed closest to the entrance of a building, they are placed closest to the ramps of a building. Story seems bunk to me.

This is brand new construction, genius. They built it wrong, is all. There is no designated spots for ramps; that would be stupid. They are built where needed, for delivery and for handicapped.

You are wrong. Prove to me they built it incorrectly. The ramps and parking spots meet code, they provide equal access to the outdoor restroom and the front entrance. The restroom is the more important entrance anyways, could you imagine being in a wheelchair and you had to piss really bad? If the site was not up to code then there would be handicapped chicken hawk layers all over this one. Hint, there is no news story about this place being sued. That's how you know its just political crap.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

this smells a lot like that south park episode involving hybrids...

Smug will kill them all...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did anyone visit their local liquor store recently? Looks like several liquor stores have normal parking spots closer to the front door than handicapped spots too. Hmm, several CVS, Walgreen's, and even food establishments are the same. Are we gonna call our senators about all the injustices?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You may be trying to be funny, but you come across as insensitive and crude. If I had to guess, I'd say that you sneakily deride handicapped people as gimps or tards while talking to your buds. The comment about inbreds was especially crude.

Hey Mishigas, lighten up! There's millions of starving kids in the world and people are living on the street and you people are worried about handicap parking? Have you lost your minds? Crude, insensitive, ME? I'm not the one using words like TARDS and GIMPS, YOU ARE! AND you got a problem with INBREDS? Obviously you haven't been to New Hampshire OR Buckingham Palace!!! GIMP? I t-t-t-t-take offense to that r-r-r-remark. So I studder? or is it stutter? Hey Mishigas, help me out is it STUTTER or is it STUDDER? AW! Go drive your hybrid to a New Hampshire liquor store nearest you and get yourself a half gallon of wild turkey. Get the hundred and one proof, it's much nicer, nice oak finish. You need a drink. Namaste.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
In DC the parking space priority layout goes: disabled > hybrid/low emissions > regular

Except at Trader Joe's where John Lennon spectacles usurp all.

Hey watch the DC liquor outlets if your a Virginia resident. Virginia alcoholic beverage commision agents stake them out look for someone with Virginia tags loading up on booze and they follow you across the 14th street bridge and stop you in Arlington. They take you booze and give charge you! If the seals are unbroken the Commonwealth of Virginia puts your confiscated booze onto state liquor store shelves...nice scam eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hey Mishigas, lighten up! There's millions of starving kids in the world and people are living on the street and you people are worried about handicap parking? Have you lost your minds? Crude, insensitive, ME? I'm not the one using words like TARDS and GIMPS, YOU ARE! AND you got a problem with INBREDS? Obviously you haven't been to New Hampshire OR Buckingham Palace!!! GIMP? I t-t-t-t-take offense to that r-r-r-remark. So I studder? or is it stutter? Hey Mishigas, help me out is it STUTTER or is it STUDDER? AW! Go drive your hybrid to a New Hampshire liquor store nearest you and get yourself a half gallon of wild turkey. Get the hundred and one proof, it's much nicer, nice oak finish. You need a drink. Namaste.

I live in New Hampshire. I am disabled and need a walker and oxygen to ambulate farther than 20 yards. I can't afford a new heart, and am too weak to have my hips replaced.

Until 10 yrs ago, I was young and strong. Now I can't keep up with my grandkids.

And I don't drink. But today it's the liquor store, tomorrow it will be supermarkets or the DMV. Can you spell precedent?

And obviously you've never been to NH. Inbred? NVM.

There's some good material for you to ridicule, bunky. Have at it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
althouse.blogspot.com...

Check this out, its a story from 2009 about the same thing. Notice in the pic that this is not new construction and they just placed a sign to the adjacent parking spot. The imagery still gives you that kick in the gut effect but much like the OPs story, it is misleading.

Do I think hybrids should have special parking spots? No.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I live in New Hampshire. I am disabled and need a walker and oxygen to ambulate farther than 20 yards. I can't afford a new heart, and am too weak to have my hips replaced.

Until 10 yrs ago, I was young and strong. Now I can't keep up with my grandkids.

And I don't drink. But today it's the liquor store, tomorrow it will be supermarkets or the DMV. Can you spell precedent?

And obviously you've never been to NH. Inbred? NVM.

There's some good material for you to ridicule, bunky. Have at it.

You know what? I am very sorry to hear about your medical conditions. It's pretty obvious I am using humor as a vehicle to point out the absurdities of this world. That's how I cope with all the wretched crap going on. If I offended you in any way, well I am sorry, but you really should take my advise and lighten up. Especially in your condition Bunky, laughter is the best medicine. What is your issue with imbreds? Do you advocate incest? Is not this a social evil that should be scorned? And yes I have LIVED in New Hampshire and don't tell me that there isn't INCEST in New Hampshire! I have lived in a LOT of places and I didn't see that much of the hideous practice. Now I'm off to an undesclosed location to start a new religion. It may involve Hybreds who drive Hybrids and they will be instructed to steal all the handicapped parking. As an incentive, I the Pope (for lack of a better term) of this cocka mamie religion ( because they are all cocka mammie) l shall grant indulgences for the faithful who have proven worthy by successfully being pricks . In this manner, I will secure all of the power on this planet, usurping the Christian Scientists and the other fifty seven denominations of Christians, Jews, Moslems et cetera, et cetera. Hollywood is gonna flock to me. Polititians are gonna flock to me. I will champion being total bastards because apparently that is very popular. No incest isn't funny. No being handicapped isn't funny and neither are the starving, homeless, downtrodden millions or is it BILLIONS? This is a joke! Everything is a joke! I have seen too much death, destruction and blood and guts! So forgive me if I offended you or anybody else for that matter! Good luck with you medical conditions. I'd say Namaste, but someone on another thread had a problem with that...said it was too cliche. So with that said...Peace, Love and Chicken Grease Beotches!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Solution?

Simple...

Just take up all the spots, sideways, then go get your liquor.

No way anyone can give you a ticket or tow you with those signs that are up...

It takes me only a few minutes at most, to be in & out of my local liquor stores here in Seattle...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What is your issue with imbreds? Do you advocate incest? Is not this a social evil that should be scorned? And yes I have LIVED in New Hampshire and don't tell me that there isn't INCEST in New Hampshire! I have lived in a LOT of places and I didn't see that much of the hideous practice

Tell me one place on earth where incest is not practiced.

Incest and inbreeding seems to be of great interest to you. Probably it will be a pillar of your new religion. Good luck with your love of incest. It may well be the only way your new religion will gain any new members.

But, you know what? Starting a new religion is the final resort of a grifter. And incest has nothing to do with this topic. So stop trolling/derailing/baiting and take it elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

Solution?

Simple...

Just take up all the spots, sideways, then go get your liquor.

No way anyone can give you a ticket or tow you with those signs that are up...

It takes me only a few minutes at most, to be in & out of my local liquor stores here in Seattle...

People here have already done that. One guy parked his humvee sideways across most of the spots. And you are absolutely right -- nobody can ticket you for parking in one of those spots even tho you don't drive a LEV.

My main concern is the precedent that is being set. It's already been announced that this will be the new model for future liquor stores in NH. NH replies by saying LEEDS certification results in additional federal funding for liquor stores.

Federal funding for liquor stores? Think about that one for a while...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Jeez Mishi, you really have no sense of humor! I wish you well my freind and health and healing and I wish all good things to you and yours. I was kidding about the religion thing. It would be great to be a televangalist though. Maybe Jessica Hahn needs a descent gig? Hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join