It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The reason I am on this site. Well until a few years ago I never knew this was even out there.
I am in my mid forties, and have always considered myself an average type person. Something changed me forever.
It was late October 2008, can't remember the exact date but I am sure within a week or so.
Anyway, I got up at 5:30 am as i do everyday and went through the motions of getting ready for work. I have children so I don't smoke in the house so I went outside around 6am. As I lit my smoke with my cup of tea in the other hand something caught my eye Many years at sea made me think, what the hell are these seagulls doing here, I must now say I hadn't been at sea for years, It does take a few seconds to process what your seeing sometimes.
Anyway what I saw that morning, in northern England, changed me forever.
When I could understand what I was seeing I saw three Orbs, I know no other way to describe it. While in a state of shock I watched these three lights stay in an equalateral triangle for 80 percent of the time i saw them. 1 of the lights did not stay in line, if you will, This lasted for 3 or 4 minutes.
Now I have read this site for a while and I know some will say, "no photo never happened", all i can say to that is fair enough.
I can assure you on that morning when I lit my cigarette that seeing something in the sky couldn't have been farther from my mind.
In my whole life I was never for or against alien contact. Never actually thought about it much, it was a passive interest.
Because of this I have looked into this and this is how I landed at ATS
The best I have found to describe it is ,New York 2010 video of orbs in the sky, they're were more there, but it looks like what I saw.
In nearly four years I have only told my wife, many times when I have had a drink, and my mother who thinks I must of had a drink.so that's why I am venting tonight.
OK I have waited a long time to get this off my chest and I am sure most of you will crucify me so lets have it!.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HAYSEED

Hello HAYSEED, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
welcome to ATS....and there are many who will not think you strange on this site. Please ignore the few that may be rude , and use the search button to find similar type stories.

This is the place to share your experiences , because many on this site have had them, and I think its important to be able to talk about them ,and bounce them off people who won't laugh, but will give you sound advice.

Hope you find what you are looking for, and enjoy your time on ATS.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome. Im new here too and have had my issues due to not thouroughly reading the rules. Please take your time and learn the culture here. there is a certain flow which i have yet to master. Ill tell you that this is a great place to learn about everything including yourself. Actualy especially yourself. Once again welcome to ATS. I will say that your experience may be like when NEO was disconnected from the matrix. Except you are connecting to the truth. Orbs you say? This kind of stuff is common nowadays there is definatley something happening on earth.......

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HAYSEED

A friend and I saw the same thing, then it appeared in Manhattan a week later, the same one you're talking about.

I believe they are military craft, but that is only a theory...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ionic thruster, aka Hall thruster

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Warmest of welcomes hayseed

A very interesting account, were all the orbs the same color? How long did you observe them for?
Was there any noise?

Sorry for all the questions and have a great time here!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

no as it was early morning in a small town, this is what made me notice no, and I mean no sound. I am not going to say I am nepoleon but i have been around, and i have flown in several aircraft.
These were no aircraft, no chinese lanterns, no swamp gas, no anything in I have seen in my modest life

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh yea, us outside smokers get a lot of action with the frequent eyes to to the skies.
First time I saw the ISS space station(before knowing what it was) I got chills and was like "holy moly!" I have seen some interesting anomolies, but after being here at ATS I apply all the critique(incoming airplanes, chinese lanterns, satellites, etc..) and sometimes feel that many of the strange things could be black book projects.
Anyway, welcome aboard, nay your skin grow thick from any criticism, and enjoy the journey.

Oh yea, for some good ufo stuff from our ATS vets, check my signature link.

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Just to say thank you ATS for allowing me to say my piece. been a long time`

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I never said I believed it was little green men.
Only thing I am sure of is what I saw that night was something unknown to me. perhaps biological, perhaps metaphysical, only sure it wasn;t what i would see normally
Now I have said it I think I can relax a little.
If one day, out of the blue you see something that makes absolutely no sense, I hope you will understand ,and then try to tell me

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Welcome brother. I am new here myself, although with a lifetime of supernatural...craziness! It's good to meet you!

top topics

join