It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Mikhail Raybko some call him a legend...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mikhail Raybko, from what I could piece together(it's hard to find videos on this guy) is a former Russian officer and veteran of over 30 years in the Russian army.

He now trains in a form of Systema the seems to be quite unique, I've seen Systema before but never done like this.

To Raybko it seems to be all about controlling "fear" and "stress"

I have never seen anything like this but I digress.

What does ATS think about his guy?

Spike Spiegle
edit on 023131p://pm3115 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Ok, how about Israeli defence? Different technique to the Russians

youtu.be...
edit on 5-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I was asking more along the lines of what do you think about this guy and his technique.

KGM is ok but they don't hit nowhere near as hard as this guy.

SS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he's extremly effective but when you wanna compare 2 strikers they should compare the same target as well. In the 2nd video the younger guy is striking the belly while Rabko is somehow sucker punching the solar plexsus of the yellow shirt knucklehead, so the 2nd video is'nt informative unless you didn't know the plexsus or liver to be a weak spot.

In the 3rd video he looks amazing but in doesn't look like that in real life, unless you are the predator and its no more self def at this point. Notice how he's the treat? beside the few arm lock at the end. Needless to say that the students are trained to absorb impact making the whole video more exaggerated.

I like the way he used his feet in the 1st video, around the 1min mark. Its extremly effective especially when someone is attempting to rush you. But i'm sure he stand no chance against my men, GSP or an uppercut from Carl Froch.

Anyway ill close this post with a GSP quote. "The bully will get bullied"

edit on 5-8-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
chuck norris's beard would kick this guy's but with his awesome beard. I heard that chuck norris was called into fukushima and used the spent fuel rods for heating his coffee!
I prefer Krav Maga myself

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Please leave the chuck comments at the door,thank you

Did you watch all three videos?

If so, what do you think about his breathing techniques/body movements, they seem quite unorthodox to me.

SS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think that chubby Mamma Jamma better know how to fight. He sure as hell ain't gonna be running away from anybody very fast.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I wanted to add this video, it's all about defensive knife fighting techniques.

SS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Whats your point, he doesn't need to run anywhere fast.

I would also like to add that most of his weight seems to be more muscle than fat*

I wanted your opinion on his technique not little jibes towards his weight.

SS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm not wildly impressed but they were short videos. As another poster stated the students are all exaggerating the movements and the scene where he and a student are punching the rotund gentleman they are striking different points on the body. Real fights don't look like this, and I want to see him going at more than 1/4 speed. It's fairly easy to make someone look like a good fighter if you are throwing slow punches and punching where you are told.

More effective than 'fancy martial arts'? Sure. All that effective, hard to say.

What's your opinion?

top topics

join