It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in Burnley, Colne, West Yorkshire East Lancashire area? Tons of planes!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
was just enjoying a cigarrete otu back when I noticed a ton of jets and planes all over the show, overhead, in the distance, in every direction imaginable.

You can see all the vapour trails they're leaving and its really rather odd for this sort of activity or I wouldn't have commented on it. I'm in the middle of Leeds and Manchester airport but still

I'm going to snap some more pics and get back, anyone in the area can look out and tell me if the activity is unusual too?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Edit, I just checked again and the skies are clear(of planes), but for other people they might be in view. I'm not sure what they're doing, it's really odd for commercial planes to fly as low as they are on doing on a day like this.

I have a good number of pictures and a few looked like ufos so I'll see what I've caught and upload the images

The cloud cover is so think and I barely see a thing now

PS wasn't sure where to post this
edit on 5-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

Also a little pissed at myself for trying to get some snaps as the skies are clear now and were really hectic while I was first outside.

Pics coming soon(probably mainly planes so nothing interesting there to those who didn't witness it), but the clouds are atleast interesting to look at
edit on 5-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Flight Radar

if you're not sure what planes they are this will tell you.

Looks like a lot heading up to scotland. The end of the week rush back home maybe

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Flight Radar

if you're not sure what planes they are this will tell you.

Looks like a lot heading up to scotland. The end of the week rush back home maybe

Is that live because I counted much more than what's shown on the map. also if you see my area near Leeds they come in and go at the same general entry and exist 'paths'(I'm making this up, I'm not a pilot)

Plus I've lived here for a while so there's atleast something different to peak my interest. Maybe some other local members may have noticed the same. Because my pictures really suck. I got the 1 of what I thought was a UFO but its just a black dob

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes it is live. I know sometime MAN switches its approach path so that there is a single entrance where they line up over Oldham. Not saying that's what you saw, but this is a good tool to use to identify what you see in the sky.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's all I got. Keep in mind I had to go into the house, find the camera then learn to work the zoom function on the fly. I missed quite a good number of planes beforehand

Aeroplanes, but the activity and how they all swarmed from nowhere in cross-directions seemed odd. Unless the airport was busy and they were taking the planes for a few laps over the hills... do they do that?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
On reflection those pics are crap. I guess a video camera is next on the buy list

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They can do? if there is some line training going on.

The zoom in there is either an ATR 42/72 (looks like the Aer Arran) or a FlyBe Dash 8

The rest looks high level, depending on there routing don't forget over the Pennines is a busy intersection for north south and crossing east west traffic.

I guess it was just a busy Friday.

But good call, always worth looking into!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Considering its the summer holidays now you would expect a far greater number of planes about.

Also I've just checked and you have a grand total of 10 international airports within a 100 mile radius of Burnley.

edit on 5/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: More text

edit on 5/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The zoom in there is either an ATR 42/72 (looks like the Aer Arran) or a FlyBe Dash 8

The rest looks high level, depending on there routing don't forget over the Pennines is a busy intersection for north south and crossing east west traffic.

It's weird there were some genuinely low once but I was having trouble pointing my camera in the right places. I actually have about 50 'missed' shots. How I managed to get the planes furthest out and miss the ones going over the house I don't know

Maybe just a freak occurence with every plane in the North of England flying over the area in a short space of time.

I wish I had a video because that black 'blob' was interesting , maybe a very high up helicopter but you can usually hear them

There also is a military base not far from here(not uncommon to see the elongated military helicopters), which could explain why only a few planes showed on your earlier link. But again the military usually fly in formation from what i've seen

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Considering its the summer holidays now you would expect a far greater number of planes about.

Also I've just checked and you have a grand total of 10 international airports within a 100 mile radius of Burnley.

edit on 5/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: More text

edit on 5/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

Blackpool, Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester I think are closest. But to be fair with the conditions I doubt I'd be able to see anything more than 3 miles in the 1 direction I was looking

I spend most my day on the laptop in my back yard so it was unusual, regardless, or I wouldn't have bothered with the thread and attempted pictures. If anything the fact I'm in such close proximity to so many airports and am plenty used to air traffic in the skies would help any argument. I've lived here for 22 years after all

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There's been some good 'ufo' activity in the area and know we have atleast 10 members on ATS in the general area so worth a mention on the off chance as you say.

Sorry for the dissapointment guys, to anyone opening the thread expecting a juicy story. I failed you and I failed myself

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Honestly don't want to take this thread off track, but there was another thread i can't seem to find that talked about an extremely large noise coming from the sky in south east England, im from Scotland and yesterday also heard a very very loud noise,only time i have heard such a large noise is near a passenger jet, very near...but in the sky i saw nothing...it was cloudy mind you, but the odd thing was that the noise did not slowly dwindle away like you would expect as it traveled further from you...but after 3 mins or so simply stopped, never losing that extremely high decibel range. Hmm strange stuff. Everyone else i have asked put it down to a search and rescue helicopter, but i have seen them overhead many times and did not fit that category.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Thanks for posting. You have failed no one. You saw something strange and shared it with us. l would rather hear an account such as yours than watch fake vids that are sometimes shown just for effect. keep watching the skies and keep us posted.
Peace starchild.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I live in colne lancashire, and i can back you up on the fact that we do have some unusual periods of aircraft activity in the sks over east lancashire. Im also a smoker, and only smoke out back so i do tend to notice that sometimes there is sudden flurrys of aircraft that seem to fly very close to each other in formations more akin to military manouvers than to commercial aviation. I've seen this on a number of occasions and have noticed they allways leave a grid like pattern known in the conspiracy community as chemtrails. This phenomena is reported worldwide and seems to be getting more intense. Continue observing as will i, and dont feel like you've let the site down, your observations will allways be interesting to other critical thinkers like yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Nothing to do with the fly past for the trooping of the colour? Or was it all commercial jets?

top topics

join