It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you say is the worst influential TV show teens watch today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's crap like My sweet 16.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Three and a Half Men

Seriously, it's pure garbage. Thank Christ I grew up watching MASH and Archie Bunker.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the replies, but I'd cast my votes for anything along the lines of so-called reality tv and other unscripted, plotless crap like that. Watching a bunch of half-naked idiots making fools of themselves on an island in front of a tv camera 24/7 is not going to do the viewer any good at all. Best case scenario; complete waste of time. Worst case scenario; teens start to emulate the idiotic, banal, and stupid crap they see on there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

There are parents that let their teens watch Jersey Shore? Gotta be honest if I saw that playing on a television I would immediately smash said TV with a hammer, whether I owned it or not. Okay that's an exaggeration but you get the point.

My personal vote for worst influential teen show... hmmm... has to be that Degrassi teen soap opera crap, I've never actually watched an episode but late at night Teen Nick shows my nostalgic 90s TV programming and they play commercials for Degrassi, it appears to be a bunch of skinny stereotypically attractive teen agers boinking endlessly, partying, and being involved in petty drama. I don't know how bad it really is as I've never watched it but from the commercials it sure as hell ain't no Full House with a moral at the end.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Jersey Shore!!!!!!!! ...... They were talking about it on the "News" aka Entertainment and saying........ 8 Million Viewers seen the show last year!!!!........ 8 Million Sheeple's! ..... now thats scary.... I miss the 90's,80's Tv shows

Which is kinda worrying considering this study: link

Take note, fans of mindless reality shows like "Jersey Shore": New research suggests watching something dumb might make you dumber. In other words, you are what you watch.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The news.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

There is this terrible show my cousin's kids like watching called Bad Girls Club. OMG it is all crap of out of control woman who do not get along try to live in the same house. My cousin's kids started acting worst after seeing that show. My IQ feels like it drops if I watch that garbage.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

Anything that has a ITV(UK) or Disney logo.
Or ANYTHING BBC for that matter..well..except Doctor Who...

edit on 16-8-2011 by Revelation11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join