It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELENIN is now viewable on STEREO-B

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hi boncho,

Considering the following things I have learned (?) here at ATS:

1) Elenin and Nibiru are one and the same.

2) Elenin is military code for "Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near"

3) Elenin is under control and being guided toward Earth by ETs.

4) Your location is Nibiru.

Isn't there anything you can do to save our sorry butts? Please...

To the OP:
I enjoyed the post! Star and flag for you my friend.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 4-8-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The high resolution versions should be available soon.

They are now available from the SECCHI flight database:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Here is a stack I did of these files using DeepSkyStacker, with the stack set to track on the comet, rather than the stars (which produces trailed stars, mostly a double image due to the way the timing occurred with the images):
i319.photobucket.com...
Here's a stack I did of these files with the tracking set to follow the stars rather than the comet:
i319.photobucket.com...
edit on 5-8-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
Thanks Phage...for clearing that up for me.
When does Elenin come into view of the SOHO LASCO C3 camera?
How much more definition will the STEREO-A camera produce?
How many more questions can I ask to really annoy Jibby???

Questions to annoy Jibby....

Why am I here?
Why I do I post here?
What am I really thinking?
Why do I...........?
Uh Duh......?
Too much Fluoride....I can't....uh........uh.....duh.....huh huh.......

(watches Beavis & Butthead)

P.S.- You're a tool...... annoy me? Just be yourself mate.
edit on 4-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

i think you need to change breakfast

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I for one can do without the sarcasm and poor attempts at humiliation by posters. This footage is of interest to me. I appreciate input from those who can help to understand what, if any, significance it has on our planet in these upcoming weeks and months. Thank you.
After viewing all the available footage on the Stereo web page, I see no sign of a tail on this comet. Shouldn't I?
Thank you all.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

I think it's because the comet's tail would be facing away from the sun. Stereo-B is facing the sun, therefore the tail would be behind it.

According to this site, the tail of ELENIN would be 900,000Km long.
source

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sweet find!

There is a detail that sticks out to me. The fact that there isn't really any picture of Elenin just by itself. As an example, I understand that a satellite is following Vesta so it's easier to get clear pictures.

But is it just because of where Elenin is in space right now that there is no clear pictures?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceshrimp
Sweet find!

There is a detail that sticks out to me. The fact that there isn't really any picture of Elenin just by itself. As an example, I understand that a satellite is following Vesta so it's easier to get clear pictures.

But is it just because of where Elenin is in space right now that there is no clear pictures?

There are plenty of clear pictures out there. I think people have unrealistic expectations about what they're going to see with a minor comet. They seem to expect hale-bopp-like images. That doesn't mean the pictuers aren't clear, indeed some of them have been spectacular in quality from a technical side. The comet itself just isn't that impressive visually. Maybe that will change around perihelion to some extent, but I'm not holding my breath. As for the STEREO images, thus far they all come from HI-2. It's a real stretch to even call HI-2 a "telescope," though that is the technical name given it in some of the literature. It has a 70 degree wide field of view though, that's almost like an all-sky webcam.

How many comets have you seen that large or larger on such a cam? Very few, if any. McNaught, maybe, if you could find a southern hemisphere cam doing long exposures back then. The only reason you can see it at all in that camera is because of how close the comet is to the spacecraft.

STEREO wasn't designed to hunt comets at large angular separations from the sun, so they're just using what happens to be on board and can be oriented at the comet just by rotating around the spacecraft's sun-facing axis. At the moment, that happens to be HI-2 with its 70 degree FoV. Eventually it will be HI-1 with a much smaller 20 degree FoV, but that's still much, much wider than the telescopic images you've seen of Elenin from earth. It'll roughly akin to looking at the comet through a telescope's viewfinder. Hopefully we start to see some of its tail, but at that point the tail will be facing more towards the spacecraft and the exposures they run on HI-1 tend to be shorter than HI-2.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by spaceshrimp
Sweet find!

There are plenty of clear pictures out there. I think people have unrealistic expectations about what they're going to see with a minor comet. They seem to expect hale-bopp-like images. That doesn't mean the pictuers aren't clear, indeed some of them have been spectacular in quality from a technical side. The comet itself just isn't that impressive visually. Maybe that will change around perihelion to some extent, but I'm not holding my breath. As for the STEREO images, thus far they all come from HI-2. It's a real stretch to even call HI-2 a "telescope," though that is the technical name given it in some of the literature. It has a 70 degree wide field of view though, that's almost like an all-sky webcam.

How many comets have you seen that large or larger on such a cam? Very few, if any. McNaught, maybe, if you could find a southern hemisphere cam doing long exposures back then. The only reason you can see it at all in that camera is because of how close the comet is to the spacecraft.

STEREO wasn't designed to hunt comets at large angular separations from the sun, so they're just using what happens to be on board and can be oriented at the comet just by rotating around the spacecraft's sun-facing axis. At the moment, that happens to be HI-2 with its 70 degree FoV. Eventually it will be HI-1 with a much smaller 20 degree FoV, but that's still much, much wider than the telescopic images you've seen of Elenin from earth. It'll roughly akin to looking at the comet through a telescope's viewfinder. Hopefully we start to see some of its tail, but at that point the tail will be facing more towards the spacecraft and the exposures they run on HI-1 tend to be shorter than HI-2.

Thanks for the explanation. So you're basicly saying that it's more of a little bit of both. Both being what the actual comet is like, and the tools used to capture it.

Makes a lot of sense. The question you answered to was pretty much to know if there would be anything clearer than that, but it sure doesn't seem like it will be the case!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceshrimp

Could just be maybe, that a probe is orbiting Vesta and STEREO B was just under 7.4 million km away from Elenin on July 31st, and the distance is now growing greater.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The only photographs we have of comets are from NASA probes that flew by, Stardust came within about 540 miles from Wild 2 comet. No telescope is ever going to photograph a comet core unless it is inside of the comet coma or closer.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Woo man... Hale Bopp was only about 25 miles wide and they say they couldn't tell how big it's core was... as for ELENIN, it's core is 3-4km wide.. what? 2miles wide and now it's entire width is being estimated at 200,000km as per another post on ATS at the moment. So... Let's see some pics of this MASSIVE comet!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
just be one with yourself
only he can make you whole
have no fear of suitcase nukes
none can stop the time

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

yeah man. I feel ya! It's all just a manifestation of our global unconsciousness.
edit on 5-8-2011 by NWOPrimate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wouldn't Hubble be ideal for a perfect picture of this thing?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
The only photographs we have of comets are from NASA probes that flew by, Stardust came within about 540 miles from Wild 2 comet. No telescope is ever going to photograph a comet core unless it is inside of the comet coma or closer.

Actually, the first close-up pictures of a comet nucleus came from the ESA'a "Giotto" probe during it's encounter with Halley's Comet, 25 years ago.

Link

The Soviet Union also sent a probe to Halley, but it didn't get as close. The US Congress, with its usual flair for myopic imbecility, cancelled NASA's Halley probe, which would have taken even better images than Giotto.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Don't you think this new data and images from Stereo B will help people confirm that this is not the massive, inhabitable, planet-of-the-crossing called Nibiru? Of course, there will still be some people that will never give up on the idea, and will still claim that the Annunaki can live on a several mile-wide ball of rock hurtling through space with such oblong interaction with Sol. I just think in the coming days as the thing gets closer and clearer data like this is presented that many of the Nibiru-ers, and Extinction-Level-ers will soon calm down about this particular rock's advent. The mounting "Returning Annunaki"/Nibiru Spaceship threads HAVE been fun and entertaining though.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
While many have captured or photographed something that either verifies or confirms Comet Elenin, few if anyone has posted threads or provided meaningful discussion regarding what does that mean if we can see it? What comes next?

Many are so eager to confirm or be the first to prove that Comet Elenin is a space craft or that it is being followed by some alien armada, but what concerns me is what should be very important to everyone that cares to know what the implications are of a Comet Elenin or what comes behind it, as it approaches close to earth or as it passes by near to earth.

It is this small area that to me is a big important area and to give it the emphasis it should have, I am going to mention what concerns me with all these latest sightings.

NASA and others like Leonid Elenin want us to think that Comet Elenin is just a insignificant comet with no mass necessary to effect the earth or the other planets as many have attributed to earthquakes and volcanic activity. If this is true then something behind Comet Elenin is what is still being kept secret from us.

Regardless of what proof anyone provides for Comet Elenin, it is I feel more than time that we begin to discuss one major significant area of an object stated to be 4-6 times larger than earth and that has extreme mass associated with it.

I mention all this because if an object the size mentioned actually comes close to earth, the object theorized to be a brown dwarf star, or perhaps a black carbon star, then it is that passing that we all need to seriously consider before we go any further.

Aside from all the increased solar flare activity that is to be expected, there will come a point in the objects passing that will because of its close proximity to earth as it passes, that the larger objects outer corona could pierce the magnetosphere of earths upper atmosphere.

Should such an object the size anticipated penetrate our upper magnetosphere, the oxygen rich atmosphere would fuel the brown dwarf star and would use the earths oxygen to fuel the jet fuel type fire that will be scorching the earth on the side closest to the object during its passing.

In such a manner, our atmosphere would ignite and because the process would be orderless and colorless, we humans would succumb to a fate that ends in fire sweeping across the planet directly underneath the object as it passes earth on its way out of our solar system.

Being consumed by fire is what is mentioned in prophecy and if we spend some time on figuring out how that will happen, you will see that there is no where we can hide or run and even being underground in a cave or mountain wont work either because if there is oxygen to breath, then that oxygen atmosphere will most likely ignite like a flammable gas.

It is this type of discussion if we could ever get past the, yes its here stage of Comet Elenin that needs to be discussed.

Look it up, do some research, but any object the size of what comes our way will most likely penetrate our upper magnetosphere and in doing so it will convert all of the oxygen we humans breath into a fuel source that will no doubt eliminate everything and everyone that is under direct effect of such a large object.

Let's begin talking about what happens in mid October when it is nearest earth and when we begin to enter the debris field. That is the conversation that we should be having instead of all the efforts to catch photos of something that will impact humanity as it passes so close to earth.

Research magnetosphere and what would happen if such a large object of the composition being theorized and you will see that my request is a serious effort to get others to realize that if such an object gets as close as they anticipate, then and only then will we discover first hand that the planetary effects of such a passing have grave consequences and it is those consequences that we should begin discussing.

Thanks for the thread. I hope I offered some food for thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for post MaxBlack.. Although I've heard the theory that such an event could occur what evidence do we really have that there's anything else following Elenin?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

My error in wording, I meant to say space probes and NASA kind of slipped out. I was aware of several comets imaged before. I'll make note before I offer something that sounds definitive in the future. A lot of times I just post from memory without verifying details to get the idea out there quicker.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

"While many have captured or photographed something that either verifies or confirms Comet Elenin, few if anyone has posted threads or provided meaningful discussion regarding what does that mean if we can see it? What comes next?"
-----------------------

An actual historical documented case might be helpful.

(look up any of the following,for the full text)

might be interesting discusion.

Description: 1862 Apollo
Near-Earth asteroid orbits which cross the Earth's orbit similar to that of 1862 Apollo (a > 1.0 AU; q < 1.017 AU).

The Comet of 1861
An impression of the great comet of 1861 as seen from Kent on the evening of June 30th. The Earth is believed to have passed through the comet’s tail on this day. (see Dark Days) Painting © Chris Chatfield.
The twentieth century was almost devoid of great comets, thus disproving the notion that they are portents of war and disaster. The nineteenth century was, however, amply supplied. Victorian cometophiles could debate the relative spectacles provided by the visitors of 1843, 1858, 1861 and 1882, while sipping the last of the 'comet wine', a famous vintage from Portugal produced while the great comet of 1811 was visible.
The comet of 1861 was not the most spectacular of the nineteenth century (that probably being the comet of 1811) or the most beautiful, which was Donati's of 1858, but its appearance was dramatic, and it interacted with the Earth in an almost unprecedented way. For a while the Earth was actually within the

"While many have captured or photographed something that either verifies or confirms Comet Elenin, few if anyone has posted threads or provided meaningful discussion regarding what does that mean if we can see it? What comes next?"

actual history might help.
edit on 11-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join