It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "War On Terror" Is A $6 Trillion Racket, Exceeding The Total Cost Of World War II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The "War On Terror" Is A $6 Trillion Racket, Exceeding The Total Cost Of World War II

globalresearch.ca

The moderate estimate, which the mainstream media ignored, was $4.4 trillion. In addition, interest payments on these costs will most likely exceed $1 trillion, which brings the total cost up to at least $5.4 trillion.

our true total annual budget “likely exceeds $1.5 trillion.”
you see hundreds of billions of dollars in shocking fraud and waste across the board.

There have also been several cases where billions of dollars have gone missing. To name one recent revelation, the Federal Rese
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

To put this cost in perspective, as the average American has little understanding of how much money this is, one trillion is equal to 1000 billion. If you took all the state budget deficits and combined them, which are leading to cuts in vital social programs that will negatively impact the lives of millions of Americans, you would need a small fraction of one trillion, $140 billion (roughly equivalent to the annual military interest payment), to balance every state budget and avoid cuts to all programs..

If you read the entire article your eyes will open up so wide it will start hurting

This is the biggest racket in the history of human civilization quite possibly, or perhaps absolutely?

But raise the debt ceiling, they need to keep spending spending spending spending spending!!!!!

And I get so angry when I hear people that are not anti-war but scream so loud when their entitlements are in danger.
Parasites!

globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have never been more tempted to post a one-liner before:

Thanks DHS. You really saved the country....

edit on 4-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well no surprise here.

People have been saying this from day one. The only real surprise is that everyone has let it go on for this long.

edit on 4-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

snf
Defense spending and R&D take a huge bite out of our planetary budget, and the corporate logistics to perpetuate it.
Even worse, these are the technologies and machinations we will have to contend with when the SHTF here. We've been funding the creators of our own battlefield, and we got the cap guns. We'll be bringing knives to those gunfights

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I just don't understand why Ron Paul doesn't campaign hard on these issues.

He needs to bring it front and center and display it like this. It would have to open some eyes.

It really is getting out of hand - and only seems to be accelerating.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
wow

really haven't got any other words for this..

ETA

found 1 little thing to add.
spending 1.5 trillion annualy on an enemy that will never be defeated. (enemy being terrorism)
what en epic fail!

seriously people, what more is it going to take for us to make a move.
IM GETTING FED UP WITH THIS, SAME OLD SAME OLD EVERYDAY

edit on 4-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just thought this would be a fine time to bring back to mind the figures I'd discovered recently that showed all the gold estimated to ever have been mined on Planet Earth totaling 150,000 tons and translating to 8 trillion dollars. That was based on $1,600 an ounce. We're beyond that last I checked.

So..This one war is closing on the value of all the gold ever to exist on Earth. Where do I get off this Merry Go Round? I'm getting sick.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Do you remember about a year ago, when some reporters, Dana Priest? Exposed that so much money was being dumped into military intelligence, both government agencies and private outfits, that the "Intelligence Czar" himself, had no idea exactly how much money was being wasted in duplicate tasks?

I kept waiting to hear that brought up in Congress as a place to do serious investigation and cut back. If it was ever brought up, I missed it. I guess it's easier to go after social programs that use better accounting practices?

edit on 4-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It really is sickening. So many people have made so much money from these "wars," yet these same "wars" have ruined the lives of so many regular American citizens. I don't understand why the entire population isn't beating down Washington's door. Part of the reason is because the government's plan has succeeded;

1. Create a threat
2. Instill fear in the public
3. ???
4. Profit

So many people are not understanding number 3 above. It has been said over and over again: people will only take action when their livelihood is directly threatened. If it would not affect their lives negatively, I'm sure many Americans wouldn't care if we openly became a fascist nation.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
would have been alot cheaper if clinton hadnt banned stockpiling of us weapons

after a decade+3 years of war i do agree with ending it other better ways to do the same thing not a big fan of doing what clinton did and just bury our heads back in the sand or we risk waking up to another 9-11.

but the biggest racket ever perpetuated on the american public that is anywhere between 50-200 trillion dollars than can never be paid back is social security medicare and medicaid.

aka as the war on the american pubic.
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I just don't understand why Ron Paul doesn't campaign hard on these issues.

Because if he did, then he wouldn't be allowed in the elections. He would be out on the streets, rallying the people.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
PLus $401 Billion for Homeland Security?
What did that money get us anyway and how much safer are we for it?
This with the spending on War is simply insane.
It's like driving your ailing car 140 mph to get it to the shop for repairs.
We won't make it there.
I would contend that none of this is "accidental" in any way.
We were told we were going to get a peace bonus after the Cold war ended.
I suppose they just couldn't stomach the idea of a peaceful world with happy citizens living without hardship and need.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It may seem partisan to say it, but mark my words.
I believe the Bush family destroyed the good old U.S.A.
Payback for WWII.
Obama is an employee, paid to ensure the destruction is complete.
America, we have been "couped".

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What did that money get us anyway and how much safer are we for it?

Alot less safe, but the question is from who?

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I suppose they just couldn't stomach the idea of a peaceful world with happy citizens living without hardship and need.

Of course not because then that reality would mean that people could run their own lives
All of the world's problems are necessary to justify an ever expanding out of control big Govt.

Create so many problems and then new govt. departments gets created
New bottomless pits that needs more money, more more more, more money more more more

Soon Govt. will be so big that they will control ever facet of our lives
And by then life itself will be a scam

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
But this money has brought you things like SOCOM and wars in 120 countries. SOCOM used to be a little department in the millitary where the best of the best were. Now they compete with the DOD itself. SOCOM is the DOD for the War on Terror. And you will not hear a congressman or a Senator question the Golden Cow. That might be the Sacred Cash Cow my bad!
counterpunch.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Let us blame the poor, elderly, disabled and the mythical "welfare queen" for the catastrophic state of the nation. Of course, ignore the trillions in bailouts and trillions in military spending, those are off the table and passed immediately. No negotiation theater by the dual corporate party, passed immediately. Amazingly, we still see people on ats, divided and conquered, fighting each other for the benefit of the elite.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
War on Terra

What was all that about then?

st.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It all boils down to 'comfort zones' everyone has one, the best ones being what the elites have, nothing can get through them, impervious to everything, until those zones are destroyed, things will will stay the same for them, and get worse for the rest of us, sorry, but there is no hope.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And while someone is spending that 6 trillion, someone else is making that 6 trillion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join