It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media: Halliburton Paid Dick Cheney to Commit Rape in Iran...The truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Flashback!! I had forgotten all about this story until now and for good reason!! The truth has since been revealed.

A front-page story by James Risen in The New York Times on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2008, reported on a "troubling trend" of sexual assaults committed by American employees of military contractors in Iraq. The centerpiece of his story was Jamie Leigh Jones, who claimed to have been brutally gang-raped in 2005 while working in the Green Zone

Jones famously claimed that days after arriving in Iraq with KBR, then a subsidiary of Halliburton, she had been drugged and gang-raped by fellow employees and then held at machine-gunpoint in a tiny shipping container by KBR managers, with no food or water for 24 hours, as retaliation for reporting the rape.

You may have heard about Jones' sensational allegations –- invariably reported as fact -- on ABC's "20/20"; CNN; CBS News' "The Early Show," MSNBC, National Public Radio, in every major U.S. newspaper and international media.

Then-senator Barack Obama demanded a State Department investigation into Jones' claims.

But no one jumped on Jones' story with more self-righteousness than Sen. Al Franken. He used her story to jam through a grandstandy "anti-rape" amendment to an appropriations bill prohibiting defense contractors from including mandatory arbitration clauses in employment contracts, thus depriving mountebank trial lawyers like John Edwards from collecting massive damages awards from illiterate jurors.

The 30 Republican senators who voted against Franken's pro-trial lawyer amendment were promptly denounced as "pro-rape" across the Internet, on liberal talk radio and in mass phone calls to their offices.

Now, for the reality slap

And then a few weeks ago, the Times ran a microscopic, one-paragraph Associated Press story on page 13 of a Saturday paper, reporting that a jury looked at the facts and found that ... Jones made the whole story up.

Maybe the Republican senators should have sponsored a no-false-rape-allegation bill for defense contractor employees.

When the time came to put up or shut up, Jones' "gang-rape" claim simply disappeared. DNA evidence showed she'd had sex with one only man, and he claimed it was consensual.

In fact, the whole crime disappeared: After an investigation, no criminal charges were brought.

Instead, Jones' lawyer brought a civil suit against KBR and its employees -- with a much lower burden of proof -- alleging only a routine he-said, she-said date-rape case.

Jones' claim that she had been drugged with Rohypnol was demolished by tests taken by a female military doctor the day after the alleged attack. Rohypnol is detectable for 72 hours, but there was no trace of it, or any "date rape" drug, in her system.

Jones said the attack was so brutal that her breast implants were ruptured and her pectoral muscles torn, requiring massive reconstructive surgery. This was contradicted not only by the female doctor who examined her the next day, but also by her own plastic surgeon back in Houston.

Her claim that KBR management had held her at gunpoint in a shipping container vanished when it turned out she had only remembered that part of the story two years after it supposedly happened (coincidentally, just as the media frenzy began).

She has a history of rape claims

Even before leaving for Iraq with KBR at the age of 20, Jones had made rape accusations against two other men. A few years earlier, she told a doctor her boyfriend had raped her, and right before leaving for Iraq she accused a KBR supervisor of raping her. There was no evidence she was raped in Iraq other than her word -- and she was already 0-for-2 on rape allegations.

Just more proof of the media circus that surrounds us day in an day out. This is a story you won't hear on tonight's news. Sorta of reminds me of the Tawana Brawley/Al Sharpton two ring circus.

townhall.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So what does Cheney have to do with any of this?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by jibeho

So what does Cheney have to do with any of this?

Yeah I was asking myself the same, so I looked at the article title and it's the same as the OP has used.

Not so surprisingly the whole article is written by Ann Coulter.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

That was one of the headlines when the story originally broke. Read the article. Regardless of who wrote it facts are facts and the revelation of truth was buried by THE newspaper that tried to blow the story out into MSM land to begin with. They all wanted Dick Cheney tied to the rape that never happened.

It was all a lie and the media just played along without ever asking the questions or digging deeper for the facts.

JFC!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Not so surprisingly the whole article is written by Ann Coulter.

Is she lying about the newly discovered truth?? Is she lying about the job that the MSM orginally did when the rape was first reported.

Didn't think.so . Move along sonny. Try a little harder to read and understand articles that are referenced. You may just answer your own questions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This was posted awhile ago.

link

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's an old ATS thread on the topic to jog some memories

"30 GOP Senators Say “Rape is OK” for Govt Contractors"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and another
Victim: Gang-Rape Cover-Up by U.S., Halliburton/KBR,
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

More Republican Rapists..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Understand the title of the article and the OP now?? I hope so...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Thanks! Didn't see it in my search. I guess it wasn't important a month ago either. Oh Well!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
facts dont matter only the perception of them do.

always remember this because there is nothing factual about american politics.

anything you can do that will damage the gop is their credo.

makes me sick

top topics

join