It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Imagine a world without weapons....

page: 2
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
 


You mean like... Bush and Saddam comparing whose is bigger?

My point is, the body isn't the TRUE self, it just a vehicle. What's inside is the true self. We can't see into each others souls and spirits.




posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So in this fantasy (world of yours) the biggest;meanest;animals;claw their way to the top and intimidate everyone below their size and strength and psychosis? Yup; Sounds like "paradise on earth"


Or a maximum security federal pennitentiary full of of thugs.With the cells unlocked;and the guards on furlough.

Weapons are not the cause of evil. Infact they help good men prevail over "monsterous ones".

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE
 


Double edged sword. They don't necessarily help because those "monstrous-ones" get their hands on weapons as well. Again, just a vicious cycle of murder..
edit on 3-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Aeons
 


So is the root of the issue trust? Hmmm


Only partially.

I'll pick up a rock and tie one to a stick because I sure don't want to take orders from a one-eyed rock basher.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Aeons
 


So is the root of the issue trust? Hmmm


Only partially.

I'll pick up a rock and tie one to a stick because I sure don't want to take orders from a one-eyed rock basher.


So now it's trust + ego..

We're getting somewhere..



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
So are you saying we're that bent on murdering each other?


As "Frogs" pointed out, Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal hunted each other for thousands of years. Since most of us are descendants of both, then yes, one could argue that it is an ingrained trait and that modern human is "bent" on such things.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET
 


Those 2 weren't as advanced as we were. We are blessed with the capability to communicate in depth. We are able to build bridges, understand similarities and differences, and to either bond, or respectfully keep a distance.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by METACOMET
 


Those 2 weren't as advanced as we were. We are blessed with the capability to communicate in depth. We are able to build bridges, understand similarities and differences, and to either bond, or respectfully keep a distance.


Modern man may be more advanced, but do you think modern history is a story of "understand similarities and differences" and "respectfully keeping a distance"?

Or is it one of bloodshed, war and fear? I would argue that it is the latter, and therefore, the point is moot. We may be more advanced but we aren't any more peaceful. Would you agree?
edit on 3-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by METACOMET
 


Those 2 weren't as advanced as we were. We are blessed with the capability to communicate in depth. We are able to build bridges, understand similarities and differences, and to either bond, or respectfully keep a distance.


Modern man may be more advanced, but do you think modern history is a story of "understand similarities and differences" and "respectfully keeping a distance"?

Or is it one of bloodshed, war and fear? I would argue that it is the latter, and therefore, the point is moot. We may be more advanced but we aren't any more peaceful. Would you agree?
edit on 3-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp


Back to my original point, it's one of bloodshed, fear, and war, because we have this many nukes, and they only have this many. And our soldiers are using these guns, and theirs aren't. And we "have money" to produce MORE weapons, and they don't.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
 


You mean like... Bush and Saddam comparing whose is bigger?


...wow - thats where your imagination went?...



Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
My point is, the body isn't the TRUE self, it just a vehicle. What's inside is the true self. We can't see into each others souls and spirits.


...i thought the point of your thread was for posters to use their imagination to picture a better world - not fit their imaginations into a paradigm that you approve of - but - whatever, its your fantasy thread to dominate any way you want... see ya around, kid...



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by 46ACE
 


Double edged sword. They don't necessarily help because those "monstrous-ones" get their hands on weapons as well. Again, just a vicious cycle of murder..
edit on 3-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Here we go(again?)...heres your tennis match laid out :

No weapons: sterile controlled (city of the future world) not a gun, knife,stick, ball bat, or rock, glass bottle or even a hardened stale "twinkie" to be found:

big (6'2" 300lb)mean hairy unwashed resentful product of the prison system vs. ave joe( 6ft, 180lbs normal levels of empathy, compassion and revulsion of extreme violence)family to care for lots to lose.

TOTAL ADVANTAGE: big criminal

Ave Joe gets trained and outfitted with decent; effective combat handgun.
BIG ADVANTAGE: Swings to : joe average

criminal also acquires. handgun
ADVANTAGE:"indeterminable". though criminal still has mental advantage ( in grained "ruthlessness").
But at least ave joe NOW has something of a chance to defend himself and family..
edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: spelling errors....

edit on 3-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
 


I wasn't tryna shut you down, just tryna build a little bit. =)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, you can imagine a world with no weapons all you like, I'd still come at people with a windmill of fists

edit on 3-8-2011 by iamnang because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnang
Well, you can imagine a world with no weapons all you like, I'd still come at people with a windmill of fists

edit on 3-8-2011 by iamnang because: (no reason given)




"Windmilling"?? why thats useless against pomegranite!!!!!!!!



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE
 

HA HA They don't make em like that no more!!!



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I imagine people picking up rocks and killing each other with them, trampling each other, or pushing each other out of high ledges.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Rea the Old Testament. God used weapons of mass destruction all the time. God destroyed whole cities and civilizations. God killed individuals, and helped nations destory other nations.

Why would we want a world without weapons if God uses them at the drop of a hat?



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Rea the Old Testament. God used weapons of mass destruction all the time. God destroyed whole cities and civilizations. God killed individuals, and helped nations destory other nations.

Why would we want a world without weapons if God uses them at the drop of a hat?


I don't get your point. We can't take up arms against God. We are NOT God, so why compare apples to.......God?



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


What's good for the Goose.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Rea the Old Testament. God used weapons of mass destruction all the time. God destroyed whole cities and civilizations. God killed individuals, and helped nations destory other nations.

Why would we want a world without weapons if God uses them at the drop of a hat?


I don't get your point. We can't take up arms against God. We are NOT God, so why compare apples to.......God?


Well if you take the people to be even partially truthful when it says man was created in god's image you see the point. If man is made in god's image, and is supposed to strive to be like god, wouldn't he be violent by nature or at least ambition?

I'm not saying that is my belief. I am saying that is one way to look at the apple.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join