It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search is on for missing "floating island"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Search is on for missing "floating island"

www.telegraph.co.uk

A statement on the 'Is Land' website reads: "Due to ignorant vandals, the original Is Land is currently floating at an unknown height somewhere within the atmosphere.

"However what goes up must come down, so the hunt is on. If what looks like a floating chunk of earth turns up in your Nan’s back garden, or if you think you see a new planet intercept your easyJet flight to the Algarve, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.is-land.co.uk

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I just wanted to post this story in case any UFO threads popped up around this area witnessing an island floating in the sky.

Also if anyone is lucky enough to spot this floating island it can be reported at is-land.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-8-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OK that's just cool.
I would love to spot it.

Can't wait for all the ufo reports that are sure to come.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So, it's a balloon that's going to be brought to Burning Man, the ultimate festival of creativity expressed through both creation and destruction...

And they're calling those who released it "ignorant vandals"?

Not really in the spirit of the thing, guys.

Plus, releasing it into the atmosphere is freaking hilarious. A floating island that people are going to see and be confused by? totally awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Watch this island thing cause an airplane crash.

I hope these "vandals" like murder charges!

Still pretty cool though.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can see some World of Warcraft players suddenly having flashbacks thinking they are in Nagrand....

(if you don't understand, it's ok, if you do...
)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Wow I really hope they don't find me.....I bought this floating island fair and square!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for a youtube video of this thing somewhere and someone claiming it's Niribu

That thing is cool looking and pretty realistic from what I can tell from the pic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh No!! The Sky is falling??? Floating??? It's a bird, it's a plane, naw it's just gravity gone crazy with fabric and lighter then atmosphere gas. Would love to see it up close.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Although I dislike being cynical against 'doomsday' believers (only because I believe the unlikely can and will happen in time), I can, however, see many new threads opening about earth beginning to lose its gravity because of: Elenin/Nibiru/Climate Change/Shifting Poles/Ect....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I can see some World of Warcraft players suddenly having flashbacks thinking they are in Nagrand....

(if you don't understand, it's ok, if you do...
)

That'd be cool if it was replete with warrior skeleton.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That's freeken awesome! I wonder if it's possible to ride it? RIDE THE ISLAND!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is great.
Maybe the island will land in the middle of the ocean somewhere and we will get reports coming in from people saying they have found Atlantis!
Thanks for sharing this

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I really really want one of these for my backyard!

I'm surprised no one has reported it yet, unless it's somewhere in the English Channel.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hm, still no word anywhere on sitings of this thing. Too bad one of the vandals didn't decide to hitch a ride...then we'd get updates for sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Maybe the one who find it can keep it; after all it's the law of the sea, so why not the same for the sky?
I would keep it for sure in my backyard.

Then again, are you absolutely sure is not a UFO? It would make it for such an interesting conspiracy

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS!!!

This was prophesied by the band weezer remember the song island in the sun?

It is for sure a sign of things to come

Just kidding

new topics

top topics

join