It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Red Lake Sign of End-Times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In West Texas, a reservoir has dried to a level which has killed thousands of fish and turned the waters blood red. Do you think it is a sign of a coming apocalypse?

A Texas lake that turned blood-red this summer may not be a sign of the End Times, but probably is the end of a popular fishing and recreation spot.

Blood Red Lake

edit on 2-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

No.

Its a sign of extreme heat.

Always with the apocolypse crap.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No.

It's a sign of the ZOMBIE APPOCOLYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARggghhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oh, I understand that, but I was just wondering if anyone here felt it might be a sign of more. Just getting the lay of the land here, ya know?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Sure I get ya

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yeah I think your right, this is a sign of the end.. You should start preparing now..
If you u2u me I can give you a good price for all you possessions...

Only kidding.. One explanation for this could be if the water is rich in iron and it oxidizes, that can turn water red.
edit on 2/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Bring on the zombie apocalypse!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
search around there's some more discussion on this here

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
...from the article...

Chromatiaceae bacteria, which thrive in oxygen-deprived water.

...enough said, imo...

edit on 8/2/11 by Wyn Hawks because: ...my first mistake today...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seen red lakes since I was a kid....

Quite disappointing I never seen any apocalypse then

relitards ... seriously... rly... give it a break already.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

Well, I agree. I'm from Texas myself and have occasionally seen weather related red-lakes, but what I'm curious about is if there are any here on ATS who read more into it, than just that. There's so much "end-times" hoopla right now; I wondered if any here felt that way, also?
I also feel that since there are many downright bizarre and far-fetched threads here, this question I have is valid and
is directly related to not only the meteorological climate, but societal ones, as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Red tides in coastal areas can actually be dangerous and some do believe that red tides are a sign of things to come. No denying that these blooms have increased over the past 30 years
oceanservice.noaa.gov...

www.fathom.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
No, it's a sign of a high concentration of Iron oxide.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Really?

You just illustrated perfectly the utter stupidity of religion.

A lake turns red and its suddenly a possible sign of the end of the world because you are too indoctrinated into this nonsense to even bother to check if there is a scientific explanation. Everything and anything unusual or out of the ordinary has to be explained by some lame centuries out-of-date bible related hooey... Instead of looking for sane rational scientific explanations.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If the end is coming by way of algae bloom, I guess this is it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
DaddyBare posted this 2 1/2 hours prior to your post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Perhaps if you had read my comments above, you would see my views on this subject. But thanks for the input, if not for the accusations.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowundertheradar
In West Texas, a reservoir has dried to a level which has killed thousands of fish and turned the waters blood red. Do you think it is a sign of a coming apocalypse?
Blood Red Lake

Wow i think people gave you it aa bit sore here... this read to me a bit of tounge n cheek in your question?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks like...

mud to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi OP,
Thanks for the post. Could it be a sign? Sure. Added with the great volumes of earthquakes, record droughts, volcanic activity, coming comets and meteor showers, coming purposefully created economic collapse, the sun bring consistently reported as being different, reported moon changes, increased level of violence in society, increased level of sin, rise of "NWO" and their evil, increasing famine, rise of God hating people, rise of defamation and hatred of Jesus Christ, Middle east wars, governments that are determined to follow a dead end path to bankrupt all nations, mass wildlife die-offs , upcoming Israel treaty over its borders, ferocious weather etc etc etc.

I could go on and on and on. Even a non a Christian can recognise that all is not well. But most will simply not accept God's Word, and in that Word, He states that the time of the end is fixed and only known to Him.

Millions and millions around the World feel that God has reached that set date.. If so, we have a hard road ahead. Choices will need to be made. Including where you'd like your soul and spirit to go...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join