It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very angry Liberal with regards to the debt bill.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have watched this washington nonsense from the beginning. Obama says one things, Boehner says another, Reid another and pelosi yet another. I believe the lobbyist had a lot to do with this. Finding out about the republican pledge to corporations disgusted me. We the people voted these people into power. liberal or conservative, this bill is a joke. I have just started reading the bill and I see outside influences from lobbyists to special interests' power being shown. This the health care nonsense all over again. This is just my two cents. Feel free to debate me but I think this bill which will be law today is terrible for all middle class and working poor such as myself. I am fed up with DC and as someone who voted for Obama I am deeply disturbed and am starting to climb the fence and saying enough already take care of domestic issues and get some jobs in the damn country.

edit on 2-8-2011 by iamjesusphish because: utube

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Too much anger for words?

Your title got me interested, please post!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Angry Liberal? What for, didnt get your free money that you didnt earn?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Angry liberal? I didn't know that there were any other kind.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hope the angry liberal didn't have a stroke.

Not typing real well.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

He/She probably found out that nothing in this life is for free.

edit on 2-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

its up now

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

No that is ignorant. I did get any money out of this. don't jump to conclusions. be fair and if you want to debate do it like a educated person.

one

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

read my post guys

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

aw yo, cut us a break. us liberals are allowed to be angry. that thing called the tea party does that to us. that monstrosity called Dub-ya aka Georgie B did that too us. those minions of Satan, the big Dick Cheyney & Donny Rumsfeld, did that to us. the mixed up tangerine aka Boehnor, Eric "Cant", Michy "Just Say No" McConnell etc, do that to us. those paragons of virtue (NOT), the Koch boys do that to us, they cause us to be angry. if anyone, I repeat anyone, is justified in their anger it is us liberals. man, trying to shake some sense into you righties causes us frustration beyond words. unfortunately, we get angry when we see the far right elite taking control of your minds & your thought patterns. an angry liberal? yeah, maybe ......... but hell it's better than being a complacent right winger led around by some evangelical mouthpiece. and don't get me started on the apathetic crowd. so I'll stick with angry. ............ us liberals, we may be angry but make no mistake about it .... we DO "lean forward"
edit on 2-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

thank you for pointing out the righties and these teabaggers lol bill maher need to come out of the make believe.
RON paul 2012 from a liberal

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish

read my post guys
Sorry, we were definitely having fun at your expense. Thank you.

As far as the bill goes, you are right, it is a joke. It is a bill that is going to pass through Congress, that automatically qualifies it as a joke. They don't have our best interests in mind....ever. No matter which side of the fence that you sit on, you are screwed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

agreed. we are all screwed. I got a little anxious and hit post before i typed anything would love healthy debate from the far right to the far left.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
BTW- I gave you a star and a flag for being a fairly pleasant and unabashed liberal.

You go!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anybody with half a brain should be angry about this bill, it wont actually fix anything in the long term, it just pushes the default back to something in 2012 after elections (shocking huh?) and postures both Democrats and Republicans for the next election cycle by giving them some minor victory they can over-inflate and pass off to constituents and lobbyists to stand a better chance of getting another term. The people who suffer the most out of this whole thing will be the average Americans who make too much to quality for entitlement programs but don't have enough income to afford their own lobbyist groups or make huge campaign contributions for favors. So basically its business as usual from the congress critters and Obama, again another surprise!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thanks I am a liberal and always will be, but it never seems that this congress and the white house can do anything that is even halfway sane. Insanity. I still see the right doing the damn the country obama must fail nonsense.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

I'm just guessing here but maybe this person is spitting mad because he and you, now all of us continue to fork over our hard earned money to help subsidize and pay the operating and business costs of for Monsanto, GE, Exxon-Mobil and other similar companies so they can continue to gouge the consumers with exorbitant prices, manipulate the stock market and raise the costs to provide their product. Never mind they are also destroying the earth, jeopardizing life on the planet and depleting the ozone! They want us to THANK THEM FOR IT and more than that, they want us to pay them for it.

And they don't pay taxes that help run the country to boot.
They are exempt due to a special loophole.
A loophole you, me or the janitor down the road does not get the privilege of.

Some people just have their head in the sand and can't see the big picture because they are too worried a few cents of their tax dollar might go to feed someone who might be handicapped or elderly and cannot work or to an impoverished child ...
and mean while they ask no questions and do not seem to care that 80 cents of it goes to secret military projects, and support of foreign governments and people not even in this country.

5.8 Million Israelis Get 100 Billion In US Tax Dollars While American States Are Falling Apart,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, that's money well spent.

Many more Einsteins like you and we will blow probably ourselves off the map.

edit on 2-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The truth is there was no good solution to the debt ceiling debate. Don't raise the ceiling and we likely get economic armeggeddon. Raise it and we are further into debt than we can logically pay under the curent system. Everyone on both sides should know our money system is the culprit and has left us in this bleak situation.

How about we all stop bickering about the neccesary evils like this ceiling raise and start concentrating on what will likely be the next big debate - the money system. Let's unite to force this debate into the presidental campaigns so that the next time around we can solve this once and for all. Let's actually do some research before commenting so you have some factual basis to your arguments. The goal is to make a lasting system subject to minimized outside influence and a smooth as possible transition.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

spot on bro. i feel like we are just going to become a greek-like welfare state. Jobs are nowhere. I don't even want to pay taxes anymore. I have to because im w2'd but ugh... We are living in interesting times my friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

How about washington stops bickering and we the people stand united. this country is so divided it sickens me. Pink Floyd had it right, united we stand, divided we fall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join