It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stoned wallabies make crop circles'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this topic, I put it under "Aliens and UFOs" because it had something to do with alien-related things, in this case "crop cirles".
Yes, that was the real name of this article. It's from BBC News and I thought it would be worth having a look at. I searched on the engine and I never seemed to find any resluts with this in it.

news.bbc.co.uk... (click link to see whole article)

Australian wallabies are eating opium poppies and creating crop circles as they hop around "as high as a kite", a government official has said.

The reason I put this up for intersting reading is because for years, people have been suspecting "Aliens" to have made them for "markings" etc. Some people say that people have been out making then "for advertisements" or with lawnrollers etc to make people believe there really were alien landings and to advertise their product (obviously)

But... I bet you would never have suspected these guys to ever have done this?

Imo, I think this prooves they are too easy to make and that "aliens" don't make many of them. I personally would even go on and say none of them.

Read this story and let me know your opinions on this article...
edit on 2-8-2011 by NiceKid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NiceKid007

Maybe that's why Congress keeps going around in circles...poppy grazing...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Haha :L
(Sorry for the short reply but I loled)
Doesn't that really make you think? How did they get into the fields and why do Aussies not use more protection on their fields?
If you seen a recent sighting of that let us know.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

How... strange

Here's another link: 'Stoned' opium-munching wallabies create crop circles by crashing through poppy fields

It would have never occurred to me that wallabies could have been responsible of some crop circles. Do you think they have videos of it? I'd love to see how the crop circles turn out.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

How... strange

Here's another link: 'Stoned' opium-munching wallabies create crop circles by crashing through poppy fields

It would have never occurred to me that wallabies could have been responsible of some crop circles. Do you think they have videos of it? I'd love to see how the crop circles turn out.

I know right. I will try my best to serach for some videos of this. I will post it up when I find them. I could also ask some of my friends (australian) about this if they come on. I think ones of them lives in Tasmania.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How odd, i would like to see some of these wallaby created crop circles just to see the patterns they tend to make.

Can someone please find a pic and post it?

edit on 2-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Me too.
I will put a link here when I get a pic.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh, so the crop circles from Britain is actually made by drunken sheep`? From eating fermented fruit or berries, I guess.

aaah hahahaha.

Cool...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal
Oh, so the crop circles from Britain is actually made by drunken sheep`? From eating fermented fruit or berries, I guess.

aaah hahahaha.

Cool...

Tasmanian poppy farmer Rick Rockliff said the wallabies were not the only party animals making headaches for producers.

"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," he said

Source

edit on 2-8-2011 by Casandra because: Links added

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal

aaah hahahaha.

Cool...

XD Shaun The Sheep.. How are these animals breaking in? Why don't they have more fences? If anyone can find pics or videos, please post them here, we really want to see them.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wanna chill with these wallabies!

Some of my favorite not so serious comments

I want to know who sold out the wallabies? Who's the narc? My guess is the platypus, he is such an odd duck.

Don't know about crop circles but I saw one today trying to jack a car, presumably trying to get enough together for his next fix.

The question should be whether or not those law breaking wallabies should be brought to justice for indulging in illegal substances. The law makes no exceptions for no-one no matter what their excuse is or even what species they may be. They are not setting an example for their joeys nor for any other marsupials and I fear this could become an epidemic of outback size proportions.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lmao. You have got to be kidding me? If one person believes this garbage yahoo story for one second then you honestly have no place to discuss conspiracy theory at all.

To even suggest that drunken wallabies wander fields in intricate patterns and accidentally create crop circles is just downright stupid. And the other half of the story that the more complex circles are created by jokesters with "microwaves, electron rods, and gps" is even worse. It's science taking a leap to explain something that is theoretically possible, without any factual basis, and stupid people will eat it right up.

I'm Not saying that aliens make crop circles, I'm just saying that it's not like every single one of us has a microwave producing electron rod with which we coordinate our gps to spend hours making intricate patterns on the ground that are visible from the sky.

Not to mention that entire article had no factual basis whatsoever, and was clearly written through the point of view of an uneducated skeptic. Did you see him try to use big words in the article to sound smart? It's cute.

Use a little common sense.
edit on 2-8-2011 by davewr25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry I don't know how to edit, but rather than the op, I was referring to what I thought he posted, Aka this pathetic excuse for journalism.

m.yahoo.com... ng=en-us

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

You obviously didnt read the source article from the BBC. It wasnt an article on crop circle theory it was an article on poppy field security based on facts given by Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania. She is hardly a crop circle skeptic giving uneducated opinions.

Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.

She was reporting to a parliamentary hearing on security for poppy crops.

Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium used to make morphine and other painkillers.

"The one interesting bit that I found recently in one of my briefs on the poppy industry was that we have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," Lara Giddings told the hearing.

Retired Tasmanian poppy farmer Lyndley Chopping also said he had seen strange behaviour from wallabies in his fields.

"They would just come and eat some poppies and they would go away," he told ABC News.

"They'd come back again and they would do their circle work in the paddock."

Nobody is suggesting the complex designs seen in england are the result of wallabies.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i wish i had that kangaroo sitting in front of me in geometry class,

copying off those wallabies woulda got me an ace in geometry....some clever freakin kangaroos!!!

ive never seen a government official reach sooooo far for an alternative explanation to something with which they dislike the common explanation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I had realized my mistake and posted a link referring to the article of the same topic I read on yahoo.

I admit that I had not read the BBC article because I had seen a similar article on yahoo, and thought that's what this topic was about.

Clearly we are intelligent enough to believe "government officials" when they circles like these are made by wallabies. www.google.com...=5
edit on 2-8-2011 by davewr25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

That is just great. I have had my fair share of experiences with drunken animals.

To the other poster pointing out that this story is bul***ks, the majority of us know, but it is still a hilarious story, none the less.

The weirdest drunk animal behaviour I have ever seen, were african teenage elephants going on a fermented fruit-eating frenzy. Some elephants were too drunk and fell down, some started "singing" with their trunk, and the most fun came when to male elephants started "bar-fighting", and a third got involved - maybe he thought he was a mediator - and the other two ganged up and started shoving him.

Good times...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

Easy mistake to make

Im guessing the wallaby cricles are just some small rough circle like patterns. I think that people writing some of the articles are just blowing things out of proportion.

Id be very interested to see what they look like. The source article says they are quite rare though so there probably isnt may pics of them floating around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join