It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has the most memorable avatars, and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I am kind of bored tonight, and decided to start this thread. Who are the people you know instantly by avatar, and what do you think those reasons are? Lets even include other aspects other than the avatar, such as typing style, personality, etc...

Lets get the obvious out of the way and say that SkepticOverlord is a pretty memorable avatar.

Personally, I find that ATS User Phage has a very memorable avatar. I dont even need to second guess, as soon as I see Phage with his arms crossed and the authoritative look, I know the 'master' is here to set the record straight. I commend you on that, Phage.

From here on out I wont be able to remember specific user names, but avatars stand out. If requested I will come back and label each avatar with a user name, though it would be fun to see if ATSers can figure out who each avatar is! Here goes:

Another ATSer has an avatar with an asian looking woman with (as one user put it) "a bra cup worn on her shoulder". I instantly recognise this avatar as a singular entity. She generates very interesting material to the topic at hand.

The user who mentioned my quote above has an avatar of a spanish looking guy with a mustache. He is dressed in redish clothing, the whole avatar is mostly red in my mind. This user posts a lot, yet the posts are mostly minimal, although they always seem to directly address the OP. I find this somewhat incredible. He seems to adequately address the OP in 1-2 sentences, where-as I feel I need half a page to respond to a post.

Another user who is very memorable IMHO is one with a nearly monochrome avatar, one of a knight in whispy smokyness. This avatar vaguely reminds me of the Lich King from World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. He always seems to come into topics I have an interest in, at the right time, and speak the voice of reason. He says what I wanted to say, only in a much more civilized and appropriate voice. His avatar is black and grey, an image of a 'shadow knight' or something.

Years ago there was an avatar that included a waterfall, a rainbow, i believe there was also a unicorn. The whole avatar was very colorful and whimsical. Being years ago I cant remember the details of the avatar, but the user name was River Goddess. Anyone remember this user???

There are many others I would like to include, but in the interest of brevity I will cut it short here for now. I would like to provide a link to each members profile page, but think guessing might be fun. I would also like to see if anyone has any additions to my list.

NOTE* When you add to this list, please provide a small description of what makes this user memorable, such as I have done above. It would be interesting to see if other ATSers can name the popular users based ONLY on the description of their avatar. Please be prepared to take a moment to include a link to this users profile page if no one can guess. Thanks!

II

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I like SpringHeeledJack.

What a fox!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Funny that you mention Phage.

I took one look at this thread and that is exactly who popped into mind.

I have considerable respect for John Lithgow, and I can say that on a personal level Phage's avatar commands that same respect.

But what is most perplexing is the fact that I love John Lithgow for his aptitude at playing villians when Phage is often the voice of reason.

Besides Phage, I find myself drawn to the posts by beezer, OldCorp, and jude11. They seem to be alligned with my beliefs, fears, and understanding on most topics.

Wow, I feel like a douche because I should have mentioned IKnowStuff. The kitty in the tin-foil hat is absolutely priceless. I'm a cat dude all the way, and that avatar is just unreal. Regardless of wether I agree or not, I tend to read their posts just because the cat looks to know something that I don't.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: just cause

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Boncho, but its more his personality than his avatar, or the combination of both. I think without the avatar, I'd still notice him.

TheOneYouFearIsRight is the one that sticks with me the most. Definitely in my top 5 best, and definitely the one I bring up the most. I keep forgetting his name though, and have to look it up everytime... if he sees this, "don't ever change your avatar!"

This is not the same premise as your thread, but if you make your own brilliant avatar, you might want to show it off there

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Mine is awesome.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I like Bonchos pic of Gaddafi, everytime I see it I piss myself laughing and thats even before Ive read what he has said.

Im not sure why I like it so much, I guess he just looks so happy almost like hes in the middle of a dance or something

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
SLAYER69 cuz it's always a Badass dude of some type

=)

and that guy who uses the one of John Lennon smoking something.....

Then there is that one of that super old tree.....

And the dude with a black panther on red background who is always stirring people up whenever he posts hahaha you know it man

Phage is a given

other than that, those are the only ones I really remember =)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I always remember Phage's. It's like looking at a grumpy man waiting to prove you wrong about one topic or another.

I also find the relatively new member with the Gaddafi picture over the explosion to be quite a hilarious match. That user is often times humorous in his/her response and the Avatar contrasts it to make a hilarious juxtaposition.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

You might like this video that Slayer made.

Must be 50 ATS avatars in there....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Wait, I pick yours.
Awwww man I want a cool one!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That really was incredible!
Thank you to Slayer wherever he be for its creation
Thank you Kandinsky for sharing it with us!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
I like SpringHeeledJack.

What a fox!

What a coincidence, I was literally about to say "SpringHeeledJack" because your avatar is too big for your box.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
mines a new one. the pictures a few years old. ronaldo plays for real madrid now
but i absolutely cant stand manchester united so im using this for a while ABU

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I always spot Zorgon a mile off I'm not sure if its his avatar that makes him memorable or the nonsense that he spews sometimes...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The damn thing just zoomed right in on me. I even re-sized the original and uploaded it and... same thing happened. This was followed by me immediately giving up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Lol, same thing happened to me at first. Go ahead and give this a try:

i.imgur.com...

Save it, upload it to ATS, use as avatar, and it should work perfectly.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I love seeing the avatars of the members.
It’s a way to express yourself though art. I have so many favourites I couldn’t possibly say them all.
If I was to put every ones here it would look like Slayers vid.

There is one in particular that makes me sit up straight, the GUT . He gives me the feeling of a teacher stepping into a noisy room, and we are all in trouble.

but i love the girly ones

ldyserenity
BlackPoison94
queenofsheba
ladyinwaiting
Aquarius1
greeneyedleo

as i said too many too mention
btw the my list goes on and on

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

ARE YOU A WIZARD?!?!

YOU. You there. You're the final boss of this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

here... try it now. just coppy this link into your avatar, remember to close the gap i made between http and ://files

http ://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64fffe651b53.jpg

lol im too slow. i see its already been done
edit on 2/8/11 by Whateva69 because: im a slow poke

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I vote for Iknowstuff
and StealthyKat
The first, just for the look on the cats little mug like she's saying What the....

and Stealthy mostly for the signature of those cat eyes blinking at you...can't mistake her.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: forgot stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join