It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You kidding me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So yesterday I posted a thread on a serious topic that bugged me and almost immediately realized that the people posting in it either didn't care, didn't get it, or wanted to troll me.

Well they certainly succeeded in making me mad. Got to the point where they insulted where I lived. Really makes me mad. I know it's childish to get mad about that but come on. This is ATS not some random message board where trolls are accepted. Here on ATS we're supposed to have a level of manners and discussion that other sites don't have. Kids shouldn't be allowed to post an insult no matter how small and insignificant. Then my thread got locked because I got a little mad. Which I admit was stupid I should have ignored the people trying to piss me off.

Well whatever.

/rant

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Unfortunately it seems that the internet allows people to leave an open mind and open heart at the door. I still bring mine, but my ilk and I are a rare breed...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
dont worry, atleast you dont live on a farm in kentucky.

ps. would you like some cheese with your whine?
edit on 1-8-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

It happens. I'm just mad that the trolls didn't get banned...well I shouldn't call them that they may have just been jerks who firmly believed what they were saying. But if so...well they're younger than they seemed.

lol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Don't follow my posts. This is my rant. Go make a rant about how a kentucky guy who lives on a farm (I dont) got mad at you because you were so right. Not your thread. Get out I dont want this one locked as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

sorry it doesnt work like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How about I ask nicely then. Please dude stop following my posts around. No way you just randomly found my new thread. I was clearly complaining about you and that's my right. I didn't mention any names you're just here to spite me.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am confused.

Someone got mad on the internet?

I did once, and almost fell into a coma...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by klenker

It happens.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by EmVeeFF

It happens. I'm just mad that the trolls didn't get banned...well I shouldn't call them that they may have just been jerks who firmly believed what they were saying. But if so...well they're younger than they seemed.

lol

Sometimes it's the people that are trying to come off as sincere that are the trolls. Sometimes it's the people flaming the other person.

The internet is full of paradoxes.

Just like time travel, if you went back in time and copulated with a relative, would you become a long lost uncle to yourself? Those are questions science will never answer, just like the internet will never answer who is the true troll.

Fascinating stuff I tell you....

edit on 1-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really is fascinating until someone insults me. lol what's the phrase "all fun and games till somebody gets hurt" replace somebody with me and that's how it be.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Bro, or brodette, this is a public forum. It may seem someone is following you for a while, but some of us just decide for no reason to hit certain threads...just keep it in your pants and all is good.

CJ

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh my, I've never seen a rant compared to effectlively copulating with yourself.

On that note, I think I hear the second coming of christ.

Oh - wait, it was just a chopper.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do you have a time travel machine? What would you do on Sept 10th,2001?

CJ

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

How about I ask nicely then. Please dude stop following my posts around

Pretty sure she just has a crush on you. Isn't that what your mom told you, when the girl in school stuck her tongue out at you?

Don't know the history here so I apologize for making light of it if it is serious - but is it serious?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Don't feel so bad...I got applause and a warning for activity in the same thread.

500 points deducted was for faking a word that means poop and rhymes with hit.

Obvious the mod was nit picking since they had differing ideology.

You take the good with the bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Not really they just got a pretty important thread shut down. Makes me mad then followed me to the post where I complained.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by boncho

Really is fascinating until someone insults me. lol what's the phrase "all fun and games till somebody gets hurt" replace somebody with me and that's how it be.

Does that translate well to the digital world?

I'm not so sure...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

its very serious, this is the internet.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yeah the internet is serious business. Sadly I keep holding ATS to higher standards. I should probably stop that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join