It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Caved in will likely get last laugh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok the right wing bsically leveraged the US credit standing in the world on getting their way. They essentialy forced Obama to take their pill or they would simply let us default on the debt on Obama's watch. He had no choice for now.

Obama however has the Ace in the hole weather he is reelected or not he can and probably will Veto the extension of the Bush tax cuts, effectively giving these Tea Party extorsionis their worst possible nightmare.

I am very happy they finally got the congress to cut spending but they were wrong in not removing subsidies for CEO jets and Oil companies etc... should have been a compromise.

I hope Obama sticks it to them by putting a big fat Veto on the Bush tax cuts when they come up for renewal during his current term lol.

Tea Party nightmare. Those Bush tax cuts will dig deeply.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Do you not understand that Obama is destroying this country? I mean Bush was bad, but this guy makes Bush look like a saint.

Obama is spending all of our money...
And our children's money...
And their children's!

Because he will not allow our country to default, he is delaying the inevitable, and digging the hole we are in even deeper! But instead of using a shovel, he bought a damn Jon Deer!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Sure I agree there needs to be huge cuts...mostly that 500 pound defence gorilla. There also needs to be higher taxes on the millionairs who really don't work any harder than the Janitor making $7 hour. You cant even feed a family on minimum wage.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Sure I agree there needs to be huge cuts...mostly that 500 pound defence gorilla. There also needs to be higher taxes on the millionairs who really don't work any harder than the Janitor making $7 hour. You cant even feed a family on minimum wage.

Yeah, and why are they millionaires? Did Santa just bring them a fortune 500 company in a sack?

God forbid anyone can make some money and keep it...

Better Idea, the federal govt spends no money and sells the "vital services" to the individual communities that want them.

How are we going to pay our debt? No-one knows, honestly if I were the US, I would have bought a Beamer with my 14th credit card and drove it off a cliff by now. All I do know is, spending more doesn't change the fact that CHINA OWNS OUR ASS. We need to stop spending, stop killing, and start helping; ourselves and each other....

edit on 1-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Gheitner was explaining Obamas' position on the sunday talk shows.

One single sticking point repeatedly came up:
" push it out past the 2012 elections".
Obummer could not care less; what shape the country is in as long as he doesn't have to deal with it on his watch.
Thanks mr."president"; Your place in the history books is safe. Guess that's what happens when your previous voting record is known for predominantly voting "present".
Good for you.
edit on 1-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Gheitner was explaining Obamas' position on the sunday talk shows.

One single sticking point repeatedly came up:
" push it out past the 2012 elections".
Obummer could careless what shape the country is in as long as he doesn't have to deal with it on his watch.
Thanks mr."president"; Your place in the history books is safe. Guess that's what happens when your previous voting record is known for predominantly voting "present".
Good for you.

TPTB are waiting for a decent leader to roll around, then they will pull the final jenga block...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What made me nervous was when MSNBC even said that the Tea Party won.
*pbbbbt*
We lost. And we lost big. But what is worse, America lost.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I'll be happy to see Obama go. He is a waste. To bad no one worth 2 cents is running to take his place. Would love to see the Clintons back in there but that will never happen now. Jeb Bush would be ok I think...very scary to trust that though after George 2.

rAn economy has to have balance between the Rich and poor. Right now it is way out of wack. It is going to destroy our country. We need a few years of trickle up economics were the consumers who need stuff get to keep their money and spend it to drive the economy and jobs while the exhorbantly rich pay the way (Gov) for awhile rather than the poorest of us.

Seriously if the poor can't be consumers there is no market.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ok the right wing bsically leveraged the US credit standing in the world on getting their way. They essentialy forced Obama to take their pill or they would simply let us default on the debt on Obama's watch. He had no choice for now.

Obama however has the Ace in the hole weather he is reelected or not he can and probably will Veto the extension of the Bush tax cuts, effectively giving these Tea Party extorsionis their worst possible nightmare.

I am very happy they finally got the congress to cut spending but they were wrong in not removing subsidies for CEO jets and Oil companies etc... should have been a compromise.

I hope Obama sticks it to them by putting a big fat Veto on the Bush tax cuts when they come up for renewal during his current term lol.

Tea Party nightmare. Those Bush tax cuts will dig deeply.

My wife and I make about 60k a year combined.

Those "terrible" bush cuts? Believe you me. I'm damn glad to get MY money back.

You seem to forget who's money it is.

If YOU want to give them extra money, that is your right and go for it. I wont stop ya.

There were no cuts in all honesty. 2.1 in ten years? Really?

How bout some real cuts.

Eliminate the EPA, Education board, Fed Reserve, Energy commission, stop foreign aid, STOP UN DONATIONS...those are just a start.

Or...bring our troops home maybe?

And the thing about " jets"....come on. What about your dems running all over Gods half acre in military vehicles? Obama's multiple "vacations" on the tax payers dime?

And no, I'm not excusing repubs for some of the same stuff. Its all wrong across the board.

You are either intellectually dishonest or out right confused.

Or maybe just another sock puppet. I'll go with the puppet. It makes me feel better to think your a program and not just a silly human.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
How some people can think Obama is worse than Bush on the whole... eh.

Either haven't been on ATS too long or haven't looked at what presidential historians have to say. I say haven't been on ATS too long since the number and content of reports concerning Bush were rather extreme "back in the day".
edit on 1-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
*pbbbbt*

Really scary.

I love how they continue to brainwash the USA to think the Tea Party is made up of Republicans. "Right wingers" or "The Extreme Right"

News flash: The tea party supports Liberty! I'm not talking about the select nut-jobs that they interveiw, i'm talking about the other 99%

For all you a$$hats who want to tell me otherwise, saying the tea party is made up of Neo-Cons is like looking at America's upper fraction of a percent and saying we're all million/billionaires.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes, the BTC's will expire, that is a certainty.
And just in time for the campaign circus...its over 70% that are in favor of the tax cuts to expire, so, it will be 70v30 during the debates, with one side screaming for the loss of the richest.

aka, its going to be quite horrible to be on the right in the next cycle I suspect...you have to deal with being the party that was fighting for the rich by hacking away at social security, medicare, and other staplemark institutions by the middle class.

Turn out the lights, the party's over...and don't forget to take your tea cups with you.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

We may have lost this fight, but when the details come out on this disgusting bill, more than just the Tea Party will be upset. I would expect a conservative surge next year that'll make 2010 look like a picnic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"Obama Caved in will likely get last laugh"
yeah at the easily manipulated us citizenry...

And NO he's not laughing with you...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

*pbbbbt*

Really scary.

I love how they continue to brainwash the USA to think the Tea Party is made up of Republicans. "Right wingers" or "The Extreme Right"

The tea party movement is fueled by corporatists whom own the right wing..
Who do you think Karl Rove is? Tell me about the Koch brothers. Who is Dick Armey?
investigate those and you will know what fingers are in the puppet called the tea party.

Yay freedomworks and americans for propserity...nothing like a fully owned corporate entity known as a grassroots libertarian movement.
Its a corporatist illusion run by billionares and pushing forward nationalism over logic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
yeah op you hope for those tax cuts to become expired and heres whats going to happen

more jobs lost

more people on welfarre

more people on unemployment

thats what happens and has happened everytime

do you know how many poeple that will be taxing if its just millionaires and billionaires 8.4 millionaires around 400 thats right 400 billionaires

who can pick up and leave any time they want

then who are you going to tax?

noone.

edit on 1-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

We may have lost this fight, but when the details come out on this disgusting bill, more than just the Tea Party will be upset. I would expect a conservative surge next year that'll make 2010 look like a picnic.

Conservative surge...yes, because there are still paved roads...dammit, government still exists!

Aren't you a brit?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I read a nasty rumor that the Republicans don't hold every seat in Congress. Isn't there some other party or some such involved?

Nahh...surely not.

/TOA

link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah op you hope for those tax cuts to become expired and heres whats going to happen

more jobs lost

more people on welfarre

more people on unemployment

thats what happens and has happened everytime

Except that its been the total opposite of what you said.
Clinton raised taxes...the mid/late 90s was a shining example of jobs mixed with a balanced budget and surplus.

You must hate facts and their liberal agenda.

Snip snip goes bush's legasy of countrywide destruction...you effers were able to punch around the middle class today, but its time to burn coming up, and there is literally no other middle class you can threaten again to protect the rich...games over.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Conservative surge...yes, because there are still paved roads...dammit, government still exists!

Aren't you a brit?

I'm bi-passport

I do expect a huge backlash though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join