It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little bird that whistles by my window every morning...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
wasnt there this morning!!

The little bird has a really happy whistle and makes me a happy but today... no bird whistling!!

I am sitting at work with with the door open and a little bird (cute) just flew in and flew around the office!!!

ah maybe it was the bird and somehow the bird knows that I missed the bird's singing so came to say hello?!!

anyway, I am happy that a bird flew into the office

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm happy that your happy! Nature is bliss, the bird probably was making up to say he was sorry for not being there in the morning.

edit on 1/8/11 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's a sign!
The elemental light beings of energy from EleNibiru are here!
I can feel it!
PROOF!
PROOF!
Something BIG is happening and "they" don't want us to know!

Time for us to ascend into another dimension!

Everyone check for earthquakes! If nothing happened, we'll insist something will until this thread dies and nobody comes back to debunk it! Or it DID happen and nobody saw it!

ALARM! ALARM!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
It's a sign!
The elemental light beings of energy from EleNibiru are here!
I can feel it!
PROOF!
PROOF!
Something BIG is happening and "they" don't want us to know!

Time for us to ascend into another dimension!

Everyone check for earthquakes! If nothing happened, we'll insist something will until this thread dies and nobody comes back to debunk it! Or it DID happen and nobody saw it!

ALARM! ALARM!

is it time to cry wolf? :O
edit on 1-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

oh the little bird doesn't have to say sorry ... what a lovely thing to happen though!

maybe the bird knows how much I love it? it is so sweet and sometimes when I am in a bad mood, I can hear the bird singing and then I laugh...it seems to have a positive effect!! YEAH!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

lol I read this and thought it was way off topic but then perhaps you are being cynical?

if so, I understand the point your making!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Oh come on fellas. Why is it that when someone else posts this, they see stars for days? When I post it, I get flamed up? Of course it's not a sign of anything. I was trying to give the OP a laugh to help lighten the mood.

I always see one of these posts, followed by 58586 others just like it. Maybe it's just me that gets it from every angle, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

hmm now I don't understand what your talking about...

change my mood? I am happy so why would you want to change it??

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I assumed it was a second bird and the first is MIA.
At any rate, you should take it some treats.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

hmm now I don't understand what your talking about...

change my mood? I am happy so why would you want to change it??

This will change your mood. You haven't heard the old legend have you? A wild bird flying in like that is a portent of ill luck, possibly even death But that's just a legend what kind of bird was it?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Woo! Now we're getting juicy!
I'll stay tuned ...

ETA: Here we go. Complete with odd 8-bit music lol

members.tripod.com...
edit on 1-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It is called a Fairy Wren

edit on 2-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: cos I am an idiot

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

How cuuuuute!

Trap it for me

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

oh wow I didn't know it meant bad luck!!
I missed this post... well it ended up flying in 3 times and each time I said hello!
oh well...

LOL when I saw the other post about superstitions, I was
but now I have seen this... it makes sense.

well I don't believe in superstition

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

trap it for me! LOL that is mean... you are cynical and mean!

oh and now I get your post about superstition stuff

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Couldn't help but comment seeing the cynicism you recieved and you did put it it General Chit Chat.

General

—Synonyms 1, 2. customary, prevailing, regular, ordinary; catholic. General, common, popular, universal agree in the idea of being nonexclusive and widespread. General means belonging to, or prevailing throughout, a whole class or body collectively, irrespective of individuals: a general belief. Common means shared by all, and belonging to one as much as another: a common interest; common fund; but use of this sense is frequently avoided because of ambiguity of sense. Popular means belonging to, adapted for, or favored by the people or the public generally, rather than by a particular (especially a superior) class: the popular conception; a popular candidate. Universal means found everywhere, and with no exceptions: a universal longing. 5. ill-defined, inexact, imprecise, approximate.

Chit Cat

–noun 1. light conversation; casual talk; gossip.

As a deep deep cynic one of my reliefs is to be able to feel in touch with nature occasionally and anytime we can feel in touch with nature is a good time. Helps the infernally optimistic romantic in me. Ignore the beyond hope among us

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldentorch
Couldn't help but comment seeing the cynicism you recieved and you did put it it General Chit Chat.

....Ignore the beyond hope among us

I think I need to stay in this thread for a while. Some people are so cruel and nasty... so right now I am going to think about the little bird - the fairy wren that sings by my window cos it makes me feel happier.

It was there this morning
singing loudly. Thanks for the last sentence... seems to fit in quite nicely with how some people are just so vicious and you get attacked verbally just for talking or having an opinion.

sometimes I hate the world so much and then I think of the birds and nature and it saves me....

ty
edit on 2-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I once went to the west coast of Scotland with some friends one of whom was a passionate bird watcher and he persuaded the rest of us to go to a nearby reserve.
Normally when I go to Scotland I go to the east coast with it's glaciated smooth mountains and wild wide open glens and there's less forestation than the west coast. So going to the west coast was somewhat of a novelty to me and I found the tall forests of douglas firs stunning.
On our way to the bird reserve I found myself alone amongst these dense tall trees that seemed to absorb all sound or at least make it a muffled inconsequence and I found myself at the edge of a small loch in this embracing quietness. Not a breeze stirred and the little loch, bottle green from the clorophyl supplied by the surrounding vegitation, was iron flat. Then with the merest call as a signal this small duck took of trailing a small wake behind it to shatter the mirror images on the lake. Idyllic, a memory still treasured.
After returning to the group we then made our way to the bird sanctuary where they have one of those mysterious hides you can observe from. This hide was purposely set to observe an Ospreys nest from. What they had done is to denude a tree in a large clearing of all it's foliage and branches save for the top ones and upon this they had placed an old rather large cartwheel upon which they had somehow persuaded a pair of Ospreys to nest.
Our timing could not have been better as just a short while after arriving the female Osprey returned from fishing at sea with a catch for the chick. To watch this large fish eagle land and feed it's young was an absolute privilege and rounded off a quite wonderful morning amongst nature.
So thank you for bringing that to mind and I hope you don't mind me sharing a piece of that morning with you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

Well written.
Nice story.
We used to watch the Ospreys while fishing on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Man Made nests as well.
amazing to watch, beautiful birds,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join