It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little bird that whistles by my window every morning...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Obviously from my tale I never saw them in action and I'm presuming from you being on the bay you actually saw them hunt. Must be amazing, like you say wonderful creature and I'm not particularly a bird watcher but if you've no response to nature I'm not sure you've much response at all. It is part of our sentience.
Thanks for the kind words.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I did.
Watched them catch more fish than us too!
Once, on a boat tour on the Missouri river..We traveled into a canyon, then back out to the lake where the tour was based. At the mouth of the Canyon..as if on cue, a Bald Eagle swooped down, next to the boat and scooped up a trout. Hauled it back up the cliff, and started eating.
It looked completely staged! Yet it wasn't...Even the tour guide said something like "no, this bird is NOT an employee here"...

Sorry to go a little off topic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
oh no don't apologise...it is on topic because it relates to nature.

I think we get so caught up with materialism we miss or don't see nature...

A while back I just sat at the beach and took it all in... and I felt so much bliss. Watched the sunset too, nature is just so perfect...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I'm not a regular bird watcher either....But they are challenging and great photo subjects!

This is from my back porch...A Rufous Hummingbird.

edit on 3-8-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

wow that is a great photo!!! You must have a good camera to catch it in flight like that and in your back yard!!

brilliant...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thanks. very Flattering..But I'll tell you it took me dozens of attempts!...Speedy little devils.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I live in an urban setting. A former wool mill town and many of the ornate Victorian buildings survive all of which had ledges. Until they put fine mesh over the buildings to prevent it starlings found these ledges and ornamentation perfect roost spots and gathered in their thousands. At evening they would flock before settling for the night giving an absolutely wonderful display of flight and aerobotics with thousand upon thousand of them.
As you were stood in a city centre with buildings restricting one's view the starlings overhead filled the sky one could see with ballet and noise, and they were very noisy one could almost feel as though you were part of the dizzying mass.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join