It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Call on Citizens to Spy on Anarchists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
One of the saddest parts is that democracy was supposed to bring an end to class warfare.
2. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's another thread on this, but it is in the Social Issues Forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will repeat what I posted in that thread;

I will always be anarchist at heart......unfortunately there is one big problem with anarchy....people.

There is always someone seeking ways to exploit or bully other people one way or another.

Maybe one day?

Anarchists have always been targetted by the authorities.
I remember The Poison Girls releasing a song about the trial of Ronan Bennett who allegedly conspired with 'persons uknown' to committ 'crimes unknown' in 'places unknown'.
The authorities assumed he was about to start another 'Angry Brigade' campaign despite not having any evidence whatsoever to suggest that this was the case.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.katesharpleylibrary.net...

We live in a society where we are increasingly encouraged to inform on those around us.
Look at the campaign to demonise people on benefits who do a few days work to earn a little bit extra whilst serial scroungers go unpunished and those that moralise about these 'fraudulent cheats' were in turn ripping us off of millions with their own bogus expense claims.
Politicians earn more than enough from their salaries and other incomes unlike Mr Joe Bloggs who was made unemployed two years ago as a result of the bankers and politicians screwing the economy up and who received benefit for six months then nothing but got a chance to make a couple of bob doing a bit of graft for his mate down the street.
And they will even pay the low life pieces of # £25 or £50 to grass their neighbours, collegues and family up.

Is it any real surprise that these evil scumbags who govern us now expect us to report people for what they believe and think?

The echoes of Hitler, Stalin and Mao are far too close for my liking.
edit on 2/8/11 by Freeborn because: not!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
I think there are two issues here.

The spreding of more disinformation about what an anarchist is, and what they may stand for is one. One which seems to have sucked in a lot of ignorant poeple who are posting on this thread.

More importantly it highlights the stupidity of people who respond with "No Way" because they don't like the police!! OMG If it were not so sreious it would be funny. We don't like the police and we don't trust them so we won't give them aany info! These people are stupid because they actually beleive both lies.

In reality, what is being said here should not even need to be said. If you see folks about in your neighbouhood, or hear come accross some information about unrest or violence, then tell the authorities.

It is simple. If you see bad people do bad things tell the cops!

The sad part about all this: The article which reinforces the ignorance surrounding anarchists, and the idiots who lap it all up. Can no one see the bigger picture?

I've given you a star for that but I guess you will get people getting pedantic around what is actually a very well put point. If someone classed their politics as anarchist (although I think that's probably an oxymoron) and that was all, then who would care? The bigger picture as you put it should really be plain to see for anyone that wants to look.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Busy Bods, or as People in Scotland call them Grasses.

And if found out, they would be best to move out of the town or city where they live. Before someone skins them alive.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

lol the best bit about the £50 for dobbing in benefit cheats was, that if you were on benefits and dobbed someone in for cheating, the government then stopped your money cos you just earned £50! priceless!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The government has always been on a smear campaign against anarchists to make them have a horrible reputation like communists have in America. But how can you really hate somebody for not supporting corrupt, oppressive governments?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Like almost everyone else in the UK, I don't live in the City of Westminster. So doesn't apply to me

I admit it is a bit silly lumping all anarchists together with other terrorists. Though I understand the gist of what they are saying: if you become aware of a group of people planning vandalism or other antisocial activities, then you should inform the police. Such people often call themselves 'anarchists'. Because it makes them sound hard.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Oh right like that snitch who was hidden by the police, ran up a huge bill and had it off with one of the officers. There is a good citizen for you

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'll make you all a deal...
you see I'm an Anarchists...
and I've been dying for a good fish & chips and Guinness stout...

So if your willing to buy... I'll be happy to let you spy on me as much as you like...

cheers M8

edit on 2-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Only if you teach me all your tricks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm an Anarchist, I'm proud to be an anarchist and if anybody at all starts discussing politics with me I tell them what I am, BUT shockingly I have never thrown a bomb, petrol bomb or missiles (stones bricks etc) at the police, I have never killed anybody I'm not a thief and strangely enough abide by all the laws that are morally right.

You, sir, are one strange anarchist.
You adibe by all the laws AND you are an anarchist? LULZ
edit on 2-8-2011 by poopmaster because: (no reason given)

Such people often call themselves 'anarchists'. Because it makes them sound hard.

If it is a political belief, then that is one thing, but the definition can vary so much, from politics to way of life. To be an anarchist is to be the complete antithesis of what a citizen is, to my understanding, so I don't see how being an anarchist can be possible the way that is bolded up at the top of my post. The reason some people call themselves things and give themselves false titles is to socially benefit and the goal is to raise themselves above others artificially, in a social way, like, yall know, establishing dominance or something, isn't that what the dog whisperer calls it?
So those people are easy to pick out and ignore. They care more for the pecking order then any real issue. But alas I don't see anybody doing that on this thread and em not personally attacking or even personally talking about anybody, just puttin it out there in general. And also kinda venting. Yall know what I mean. Everyone has come across one of those people once or twice.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poopmaster
I'm an Anarchist, I'm proud to be an anarchist and if anybody at all starts discussing politics with me I tell them what I am, BUT shockingly I have never thrown a bomb, petrol bomb or missiles (stones bricks etc) at the police, I have never killed anybody I'm not a thief and strangely enough abide by all the laws that are morally right.

You, sir, are one strange anarchist.
You adibe by all the laws AND you are an anarchist? LULZ

Such people often call themselves 'anarchists'. Because it makes them sound hard.

If it is a political belief, then that is one thing, but the definition can vary so much, from politics to way of life. To be an anarchist is to be the complete antithesis of what a citizen is, to my understanding, so I don't see how being an anarchist can be possible the way that is bolded up at the top of my post.

First off, learn to use the "quote" tags.

Second, it's very easy to abide by the laws and be an anarchist. If you consider anarchism to be the most viable social structure, but wish to not harm your fellow man, you may live in a Lawed society and try to spread it peacefully. Anarchism works best, or perhaps only, when everyone in a society agrees to it. It is difficult for one person to have a good life completely alone, and an anarchist may not find an anarchistic society of one to be appealing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I would like a badge a gun and a police issued vehicle and then I will do my best to round up all the trouble makers.
No kidding...I really will.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I'll make you all a deal...
you see I'm an Anarchists...
and I've been dying for a good fish & chips and Guinness stout...

So if your willing to buy... I'll be happy to let you spy on me as much as you like...

cheers M8

edit on 2-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

Sounds tasty! Spy on me too.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I will always be anarchist at heart......unfortunately there is one big problem with anarchy....people. There is always someone seeking ways to exploit or bully other people one way or another.

OMG I have to disagree with you Freeborn 10,000%. This is like a cat when it has a urinary infection (this is my all time favorite allegory). See the cat pees all over the place cause it hurts to pee. It thinks it's the place here that is hurting it, or behind the couch that is hurting it, it pees everywhere because it thinks of everything being the reason for it's pain, but the one thing it would never think is that it is actually ITSELF that is the problem. Every evil man and women in history is demonized. Every monarch and every dictator. Down to modern day corporate CEO's and entitys. They are talked of as the scum of the earth, and the cause of all problems of humanity. We look at them and point the finger and say "YOUR FAULT" "YOUR THE PROBLEM" "WITHOUT YOU EVERYTHING WOULD BE BETTER OFF". But, people, guess what. Hitler did not go around, load a little gun up, and personally shoot 5.9 million jews, 3.3 mil soviet POWs, 1.8 mil non jewish poles, 300,000 gypsies, 250,000 random disabled people, for being disabled, ???, around 10,000 homosexuals, and around 2500 - 5000 jehovash witnesses (which you never hear about). Nope. In fact I doubt he personally killed even one with his hands. So why do we blame him? People, we need to stop pointing the finger. The reason this happened is the fault of the people. There is always some lunatic out there, being a lunatic, (charles mason, that church leader who calls everybody fags, exc exc), hitler couldn't of done crap without a huge population of callus cold narrow minded human beings. The callus soleless mass of animals that is the public. I argue against you that it is people that LET other people bully against others, that it is the peoples fault and not the bully. Or, rather, the people are the cause more than the bully.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

First off, learn to use the "quote" tags. Second, it's very easy to abide by the laws and be an anarchist. If you consider anarchism to be the most viable social structure, but wish to not harm your fellow man, you may live in a Lawed society and try to spread it peacefully. Anarchism works best, or perhaps only, when everyone in a society agrees to it. It is difficult for one person to have a good life completely alone, and an anarchist may not find an anarchistic society of one to be appealing.

Lol, I know, am still getting used to how the ats forums are. I hate how your bold/italic thing works. I like to be able to just highlight text and select "bold", instead of having to copy and paste what I want bolded in the post. But I really don't understand your reasoning... Could you give me your definition of anarchism as you interpret it? The way the word is used and practiced, I would think it would not be possible to be an anarchist and follow all laws. This to me sounds ridiculous based on my understanding of anarchism.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poopmaster

Use brackets; at least on QWERTY keyboards (the most prominent in the US and I think UK) , those are right above the enter key and apostrophe key. they look like this "]". put a "b" inside those on the front end of what you want to bold, and /b inside them at the end of what you want to bold. I'm sure there's a style guide somewhere around here, but I'm a bit too lazy to look it up for you myself, hehe...

Anarchism as a comprehensive political/social standpoint can't really be summed up in a few lines, and I'm actually not so well versed in it that I can even do a very good job.

But, basically, it boils down to the idea that either the best society, or the best society for oneself, is one with no laws. An anarchist does not necessarily want to impose their will on nations, but rather don't want nations to impose their "wills" on them.

The kind of hypothetical anarchistic society that I'm familiar with depends on trust and people working together without being told to; it depends on the goodwill of fellow humans, including oneself. A relatively free society like the USA or UK may be preferable to peacefully and agreeably live in for an anarchist until they can join a group who they can trust with cooperation and respect.

By the way, your post which came alarmingly close to victim blaming on everyone who's ever suffered isn't really a viable position. Even when good men stand up and stand together, the bad men will win out. It wasn't simply complacency which allowed the holocaust to go forward; it was large groups of people who wanted it to go forward. Some complacency did contribute, but lots of other things did as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

By the way, your post which came alarmingly close to victim blaming on everyone who's ever suffered isn't really a viable position. Even when good men stand up and stand together, the bad men will win out. It wasn't simply complacency which allowed the holocaust to go forward; it was large groups of people who wanted it to go forward. Some complacency did contribute, but lots of other things did as well.

It is very clear I was not being antisemitic or any bull like that. I don't think for any second would someone think after reading my post that my point was that it was the jews/romanii's fault for having their race focused apon in a massive genocide, and if anyone would think so it would be alarming to me, as that is one thing I would never want anyone to think I would think personally or believe!!! Let alone promote as an idea on a public forum! So, please, don't try to put some bs like that in my mouth... If you thought I meant something like that, I assure that you misunderstood something I said or my point in general. Just making sure that is clear. LOL. I was like "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" as soon as I read what you wrote. LOL Hey, is double posting frowned apon round these parts, or strickly enforced or anything? Like, if I double post will it get deleted instantly or will I get reprimanded by the mods, or are they pretty easy on stuff like that?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

If its anarchists, then I don't see much wrong with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The only reason they are telling us to watch out for Anarchists is because there is enough of them now to be a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join