It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Call on Citizens to Spy on Anarchists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

www.deathandtaxesmag.com

As if last week’s news that the Metropolitan Police’s counter-terrorism resources would be directed at Anarchists for the 2012 Olympics were not enough, the City of Westminster’s “Griffin Weekly” brief is calling on citizens to spy and report on their fellow citizens who happen to be Anarchists.

In light of this news, one might say the Age of Orwell has official begun in England.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 1-8-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Like the article says, this wreaks of Orwellian rule. It seems that with the recent protests against the excessive cuts in the UK, the police feel we should be watching out and snitching on those who actually do something about the injustices were faced with. It's pathetic.

I'm not surprised that they've resorted to this though, and I think this could only be the start of things to come. Admittedly, some activists do go over the top, what with smashing windows and the like, but I feel this is uncalled for.

www.deathandtaxesmag.com

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He's right you know you have only yourselves to blame. Just as we here in the states are responsible for our useless sorry excuse of a government that is so stupid it couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Look at this, from BEFORE the royal wedding.

Pre-Crime arrest... and for what? A protest?
edit on 1-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why wouldn't citizens want to spy on anarchists? anarchists, by definition, don't want to be part of any society that actually has rules - if you DO want to be part of a society that has any rules whatsoever then they are you enemy.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Anarchists now is it?
We are on the alert for terrorists as well... think it is about time they start issuing us guns, if we are to do all this policing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

From the all-mighty Wikipedia...

Most often, the term "anarchy" describes the simple absence of publicly recognized government or enforced political authority.[1][2] When used in this sense, anarchy may[3] or may not[4] imply political disorder or lawlessness within a society.

so... no.

Quit spreading ignorance. Most of us desire to deny it....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

www.deathandtaxesmag.com

As if last week’s news that the Metropolitan Police’s counter-terrorism resources would be directed at Anarchists for the 2012 Olympics were not enough, the City of Westminster’s “Griffin Weekly” brief is calling on citizens to spy and report on their fellow citizens who happen to be Anarchists.

In light of this news, one might say the Age of Orwell has official begun in England.

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 1-8-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

Those evil anarchists again preaching evil non-violent change and evil libertarianism.

Evil violent non-violent anarchists being Evil again. Imprison their evil a---es! before they peacefully trick people into having their own free thought/expression. Can't have that nonsense pfft freedom...

External societal management Yay!.
edit on 1-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Like hell and I will. The Metropolitan Police have a cheek, to call on us citizens to grass up on other citizens when they cover up their own officers.

Not going to happen. The Public as in the ordinary joe are disgusted by the Metropolitan polices actions over the phone/hacking scandals, it will take some time before the public will trust them again, and any other police force within the UK.

If I am classed as a Anarchist for it I do not care.. think they will need a bigger prison in the UK to jail thousands of us who agree with those who are facing the dole over cuts.
edit on 1-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
oh wow...we're supposed to snitch on people that steal toilet paper from the lavatory at mc donald's now??? wtf next? are we supposed to call the cops when someone farts? it's bad enough when some loser neighbor calls the police on someone having a loud party...5 miles away....its happened, before...in alabama, and other states in the south...pretty soon, nobody will even be able to go shopping at walmart, because people are watching what others buy...adult bookstores are out, too...always some nosey #er watching you like a freak in those places, too

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The biggest anarchists are the banksters and the elite....they believe they are above the law and any accountability. I' would happy to spy on them....for the rest, my reply is thank you for the invitation to assist you in reducing the freedoms of my compatriots, and I respectfully decilne.

It's all part of the plan......they plant agitators in peaceful demonstrations, give the 'violence' caused by those planted agitators HUGE publicity, label them anarchists and then use that to get the people to spy on and suppress the people all by themselves.

The Nazis too got people to spy on each other and report on their families, friends and neighbours. This we must not do. We need to stick together. There are only two sides - them and us.

This is just one more step towards them eliminating all voices of dissent.

Just say no.
edit on 1-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Like hell and I will. The Metropolitan Police have a cheek, to call on us citizens to grass up on other citizens when they cover up their own officers.

Not going to happen. The Public as in the ordinary joe are disgusted by the Metropolitan polices actions over the phone/hacking scandals, it will take some time before the public will trust them again, and any other police force within the UK.

If I am classed as a Anarchist for it I do not care.. think they will need a bigger prison in the UK to jail thousands of us who agree with those who are facing the dole over cuts.

Well said and damn right. Let's see them start the ball rolling by snitching on the criminals in their own ranks instead of covering it up all the time. Let's see them snitch on their colleagues who receive hand outs from Murdoch, politicians, corporations and god knows who else. Let's see them expose the 'plants' they put into protests to create violence and them label them terrorists.

We should never trust the police now, some of the lower ranks are good people, but it's now so corrupt at the top and their job is to suppress the people and protect the revenue of the elite. It is very clear they are now the 'muscle' for the elite and no-one else.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
cops everywhere have been getting way out of control for a long time....this sounds like a desperate attempt to impose more control, and more distrust among people...making more people turn against each other.....i guess the only fish they're out to fry is us

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

ops for got to say it was Westminster Police whom announced this, who cares they are just as bad as the Metropolitan police are. I do wonder how many police forces up and down this country have given journalists information with regards to judicial case for cash, The double standards of it all. I would call out to every member here who live in the UK to resist this call, and not to follow their request.

And now they want us to be like them. Answer NOOOO.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
if you DO want to be part of a society that has any rules whatsoever then they are you enemy.

By FAR, NO. Anarchists do not despise people who obey laws! I mean, of course, some of them do, but they're jerks. Genuine anarchists do not want to be under the rule of law; their only enemies are the ones who try to keep them part of a ruled society.

There are also a few different forms of anarchism. A true Free Market is an anarchy, you know.

But because it's awesome and relevant...

Anarchy in the UK!

edit on 1-8-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

Like the article says, this wreaks of Orwellian rule. It seems that with the recent protests against the excessive cuts in the UK, the police feel we should be watching out and snitching on those who actually do something about the injustices were faced with. It's pathetic.

I'm not surprised that they've resorted to this though, and I think this could only be the start of things to come. Admittedly, some activists do go over the top, what with smashing windows and the like, but I feel this is uncalled for.

www.deathandtaxesmag.com

They actually use police plants to cause violence and then blame it on the protesters.

This clearly means they are AFRAID of the peole protesting en masse because they know they could never control them.

Conclusion; Let's protest!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Anyone going to the mass protest in October?

If i can I will there that is for sure,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Is there one in ze US of A?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This reminds me of the"See Something,Say Something" campaign here in the states. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's campaign designed for us to spy on our neighbors and if they do something like be a muslim or disgruntled middle class american than we're suppose to report them to homeland security.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Man... at least here in the states, the feds try to keep this sort of snooping and big brother sh** covert. The UK likes to be open about their Orwellian scumbaggery.

Snitch on Anarchists? GTFO, Metro Police. You should be snitched out for authoritarian crimes against humanity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c60ab5290455.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join