It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes debt ceiling agreement; Senate vote expected Tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
CNN Link

"I am confident that this will pass," Biden asserted. "We have to get this out of the way" in order to turn Washington's focus to job growth, he said.

What job growth? the real unemployment rate is over 20% or even higher then the governments 9.2% i just dont see how this deal will help the job growth or the economy in any form or shape.

The comments on this article on CNN own comment section is quite ridicules

The Tea Party is still very stupid.

wish the U.S. Senate would just pass this, so the bill can be sent to the President for him to sign before August 2nd reaches us.

Logan9773 Hillary 2012.

And yes whats obama smiling about anyone have any thoughts on these interesting developments? So is america going to default or going into allot more pain.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't pass the senate. And personally I'm fed up with the BS. It's time for everyone to grab their weapon of choice head to DC and water that tree of liberty.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't pass the senate. And personally I'm fed up with the BS. It's time for everyone to grab their weapon of choice head to DC and water that tree of liberty.

The tea party has the right intentions.

The real terrorists isn't al-Qaeda it is the members that just voted "yes".

Has al-Qaeda infiltrated our own Congress?

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim credit for the bill being passed. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I hope everyone in the US realizes that they just authorized the debt ceiling to be raised 10.124 trillion by 2021.

The budget cuts that the "special committee" is going to find, only has to be done by 2021. So in actuality they don't even have to start looking for them for another 9 years. This whole bill is total garbage!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yea there are some doubts that the senate won't like this bill if it in fact is something one or both sides don't like, this sort of thing makes for a good movie but I myself am worried not for the American people, but people here in Canada as we trade so much with them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I heard they are making cuts in Medicare! This infuriates me because everyone pays into medicare as well. They want a voucher system instead. Is this true? I have not heard anymore talks of social security cuts. I would like to know their revised plan myself. This government is supposed to by by the people and for the people so why don't the people of the USA get a say? Why can't we vote on this issue?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Naaaaaahhhh.............it will pass , you know it will. heres why........Any time something makes common sense, is mathematically sound, and is GOOD for our country they shoot it down! If there was no agenda to F@#k this country over and bring it to its knees....wouldnt they get it wrong sometimes and actually vote in something that DID work???? baaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Demos and repubs are on the same side. This entire debt ceiling fiasco was bait the tea party took with the hook to the very butt.

After the 2010 shellacking in the House, this plan was devised in the smokey back rooms to make the tea party look like the economic terrorists. Otherwise TPTB (That is both sides) is truely threatened.

Aren't you wondering why after raising the debt ceiling so many times in the past without fanfare, this time so much fear was ginned up?

We've all been played.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The last poll I saw put most of the blame on Obama for this prolonged debt ceiling debate. Now that the house has passed the bill, if it fails to pass the Senate, the democrats will get blamed in my opinion. Besides the whole chicken little deadline for tomorrow was a date Obama picked to push things along. The US will stay pay interest to bond holders after tomorrow even if the senate democrats blow up our economy. However, you never know how far the stupidity may run in congress so anything could happen. Just remember, a few months ago the democrats had full control of congress and they did nothing to avoid all this when they could have easily done so. I put the blame on the democrats. Obama has a party to go to on the either August 3rd or 4th. I think that's why he picked the 2nd as his chicken little doomsday date.

top topics

join